Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

26 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To CAR: Alexandre Carrier

To NJD: Jesse Gabrielle

@Nail

Thnaks to @Monty for finally coming around. Been after Gabrielle for a month or two now and stuck it out until the price to acquire him dropped. I'm a big Gabrielle fan and have the luxury of watching him live for every home game. Alexandre Carrier is a very good prospect and is producing at the AHL level right now, but I feel with the defensemen Nashville deploys, it's going to be harder for Carrier to get big minutes. Nashville has a good track record of developing defensemen though, so Monty added a good prospect.

Gabrielle is basically Brad Marchand, but just in the WHL. Literally cut from the same cloth and two players you absolutely love and everyone else absolutely hates. Not to forget, Gabrielle is a top offensive player. His shot is incredible...the amount of times I've been left with my jaw on the floor because he ripped the puck home in a spot or situation I was not expecting it to go in has been very high.

He's very physical, and despite not being overly big he can definitely take a good chunk out of guys on the forecheck. It's weird - he's not big as I mentioned, but he always seem to surprise opposing defensemen/forwards of his balance and strength. He's a very persistent forechecker and he wants that puck and he wants it ****ing now.

Like Marchand, he's always got something to say. He's always, ALWAYS getting under the opposing teams skin and he backs it up with either a big hit, fight or big goal. He does it often and does it good. He's in the middle of just about every scrum and with other teams wanting to get at him, they'll go out of their way to try and take a lick off him.

His tendencies to retaliate have 100% tapered off from last year. Whether that is just sheer maturity or a new coach who demands respect in the dressing room, is up for debate. Gabrielle is not getting caught taking as many stupid penalties because while he does trash talk a lot, he lets his play do the rest of the talking instead of his stick or his antics in scrums. He'll still fight when necessary though - he's no shy stranger there.

On the backcheck, he skates just as fast as he does when he has the puck...he really busts his tail back instead of gliding and hoping for a quick breakout pass to head out on the offensive. I think he's matured and with the signing of the ELC it'll be a good carrot for him that he is close to making that next jump - so every play, every goal, every hit is just that much bigger and more important.

Overall, Gabrielle is definitely a prospect to watch, one I am very excited about and now have more reason to follow his game. He can be an electrifying player and surely is a player you love when he is on your team. Really happy for him and hopefully he can keep this pace up. Bruins fans are raving about this guy, and the comparisons to Marchand have been brought up many times.

oh frack ....missed my CDC 10th Year Anniversary 2 days ago :P

10 years .. time has gone fast ... 2007 was a crazy year for me on cdc , internet loveaffair with @yuz, 4 weeks ban ..lol

i miss some members from this time

and well  without CDCGML and the other Fantasy Leagues , i would have also retired from the board 4 or 5 years ago

so thank you guys for running those leagues 

8 hours ago, Monty said:

I prefer to look at it as "Me doing my best to do the worst deals."

i have made some bad deals in my fantasy league history as well , specially when i was a newbie.

so i wont point a finger at anyone ...

but this alone

To CAR: Dennis Rasmussen

To BUF: Paul Byron, MTL 2016 3rd Round Pick, CAR 2016 5th Round Pick, NSH 2016 5th Round Pick, CHI 2016 5th Round Pick, CAR 2017 4th Round Pick

....mhhhhhhhh

DEMOTION: The Anaheim Ducks demote F Michael Sgarbossa to the Kansas City Outlaws (no waivers required).

CALLUP: The Anaheim Ducks call up recently-acquired F William Carrier and place him on the active roster.

On 2017-01-13 at 0:38 AM, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To CAR: Alexandre Carrier

To NJD: Jesse Gabrielle

@Nail

Thanks to @BM24 for negotiations. We first began talking about this back in December, but due to my increased agent responsibilities, forgot about it for some time.

Gabrielle is a really good prospect, but with Czarnik already in the lineup and young, didn't need another Bruins prospect. Wish him the best in New Jersey.

Carrier has been on my radar for a long time. And with him just getting called up to Nashville in place for their injured backend, looks like he'll begin to see some time.

21 hours ago, Drewismyname said:

The next Panarin much more likely if its the hawks.

If he's even half as good, then it's a win.

However, it's a major whiff if he doesn't cross over. But considering the financial future of the KHL, and the Hawks having Anisimov and Panarin, I'm betting on Bowman.

[Waivers] The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to place Spencer Abbott on waivers with the intentions of assigning him to the minors.

[Assignment] The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to assign Andres Martinsen to the minors.

[Activation] The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to activate Alexei Marchenko off of the LTIR and assign him to the active roster. 

Archived