The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks set a new NHL all-time record

DonaldBrashear

I'm definitely down with the winning, but this overtime, playing from behind trend has to end. They need to start putting things together earlier in the game. 

That being said, the St. Louis game was more promising a lot of early chances. No results but they've started to put together a more complete game. 

Keep it going guys.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Are we in the playoffs yet? No?

Ok.

No, it's a long season, but we're certainly on the right path.  Have we lost any games yet?  Does winning lead to the playoffs?  Do I need to ask any more obvious questions?  GCG!

"When you're never leading a game."

So this is a record that could only date back to the late 80's(isn't that when ties were kaiboshed)?

I'm wondering if there might be a 2nd record, in this?

That would be, winning your first three games of season, when trailing after 2 periods in all of them. This is a record that could be traced back the full century, to the NHL's advent. With that amount of time, I'd imagine it might have already been done?

6 hours ago, BCNeil said:

In a way it's kind of a dubious record.  But in our case not so much, as it's not like these are lucky flukes.  I think the Canucks have outplayed their opponent in all 3 games.

They are the lucky ones to get a point in these game.  

I'll take this dubious record any day over the ones we set last season - the longest goal drought, losing by the same score (5-2) in consecutive games, and god knows what other skate of shame we had. 

The main thing is winning. Winning becomes a habit. The more you win the more confidence it gives and the more you come back the more you think you'll come back.

Let's face it there are no easy games and last season we let too many teams come to our ice and win. That had to stop, we needed to get the Spirit of 2011 back - hopefully we have although there is a long way to go. 

Archived