The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

And his upper-body strength isn't even all there yet, so expect even better things from him starting next year after bulking up in the offseason (barring any recurring shoulder issues of course... ugh).

yup, especially with the type of game Rodin plays. He likes to protect the puck and spin off defenders will only get easier for him with some added strength.

• 3 weeks later...

Rodin really needs to add more strenghth I was just watching some videos of his Byrnas days and man... Did he ever just manhandled those defenders behind the net and just setting up these awesome goals with his slick passing skills just amazes me on what slick hands he has.

5G15A20P in 39GP and -5 so far in his career in North American hockey.

Considering that this is his first season in the AHL and North America, I am happy with those numbers. He is on pace to best Jordan Schroeder's rookie season (who chose make the jump prematurely from NCAA [college boys] to AHL [professional men]) of 10G18A28P in 61GP and -7 (Rodin on pace for 8G23A31P in 61GP).

Looking at how much Jordan improved this season (15G17A 32P in 52GP and +7), it's promising to see that Rodin in his first year is slightly ahead of where Jordan was last season.

If Rodin works hard this summer and bulks up, he can break out next season in the AHL and possibly get a call up.

Edited by Dasein

Is Rodin still a Canucks prospect? He is no longer listed as a Canuck prospect on the Canucks website.

Was he traded???

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/roster.htm?type=prospect

Forwards # Name Height Weight Date Of Birth Age Birth Place 71 Steven Anthony 6' 1" 205 21 Mar 1991 20 Halifax, NS, CAN 49 Darren Archibald 6' 3" 210 9 Feb 1990 22 Canada Ludwig Blomstrand 6' 1" 198 8 Mar 1993 18 Uppsala, SWE 56 Alex Friesen 5' 9" 186 30 Jan 1991 21 St. Catherines, ON, CAN Evgeny Gladskikh 6' 0" 176 24 Apr 1982 29 Magnitogorsk, RUS 67 Alexandre Grenier 6' 5" 200 9 May 1991 20 Laval, QC, CAN 46 Nicklas Jensen 6' 2" 202 6 Mar 1993 18 Herning, DNK Ilja Kablukov 6' 2" 183 18 Jan 1988 24 Moscow, RUS Ilia Krikunov 5' 11" 169 27 Feb 1984 27 Moscow Region, RUS Joseph Labate 6' 4" 190 16 Apr 1993 18 Burnsville, MN, USA Taylor Matson 5' 10" 165 16 Sep 1988 23 Mound, MN, USA 38 Victor Oreskovich 6' 3" 215 15 Aug 1986 25 Whitby, ON, CAN Steve Reinprecht 6' 0" 188 7 May 1976 35 Edmonton, AB, CAN 48 Stefan Schneider 6' 4" 206 13 Dec 1989 22 Vernon, BC, CAN 40 Jordan Schroeder 5' 8" 175 29 Sep 1990 21 Burnsville, MN, USA 42 Bill Sweatt 6' 0" 190 21 Sep 1988 23 Elburn, IL, USA 51 Kellan Tochkin 5' 10" 176 15 Feb 1991 21 Abbotsford, BC, CAN Sergei Topol 6' 1" 183 15 Feb 1985 27 Omsk, RUS Pathrik Westerholm 6' 0" 187 6 Jan 1992 20 Karlskrona, SWE

• 2 weeks later...

Both of Rodin's goals were pretty flukey. But give him credit for shooting the puck. Good things happen when you do that.

Schroeder had a really good game from the looks of it. Could have easily had a hat trick.

Edited by DeNiro

They should really be put on the same line, we want guys like Schroeder and Rodin having chemistry as they move forward onto the big team

schroeder's playing with Sweatt on the second line, Rodin's playing with Mancari on the first line. Rodin and Sweatt are both Left handed shots so Schroeder can only play with one, ans Rodin's working well with mancari on the first line. odds are the players will not make the jump at the same time so no chemistry is needed right now, and they can develop it in the future if need be.

they don't play on the same line, so I don't see how you concluded that.

They have and they play on the PP together.

Also this:

Start watching from :55 mark, for Schroeder-Rodin wizardry.

;)

Edited by playboi19
  • Upvote 2

yeah, they play the occasional shifts together, and played a couple games together, but they are not regular linemates.

That's like saying Duchene and Hodgson were linemates and developed chemistry together...

Edited by avelanch

Schroeder and Rodin played together on the same line for 10 games by my count this season. I watched everyone of those games and they definitely did have chemistry during that time, probably the first good RW we saw with Schroeder at that point of the season. I thought they worked off each other very well, with their speed, it was a transition game with them and when they were able to move the puck, it was fast and that's what was effective about them. They also cycled very well, with Sweatt there as well.

PP units do not generally move from the 1st and 2nd line combos. So whoever is on the 1st line is generally the 1st unit, but frequently, they will put Haydar out there in place of Rodin on the 1st unit. Rodin would then slide down to the 2nd unit. But its a toss up based on who MacT feels is going.

Rodin is a RW and played RW throughout his Brynas days. But from what i've seen this season, he can play both wings fairly effectively.

Edited by DJ Kreuzberg

• 1 month later...

Rodin scored his 10th goal of the season to go along with 17a for 27pts and a -5 in 61gp this year. Those numbers are identical to Schroeder's numbers last year so I'd say that Rodin has done a decent job in terms of adjusting to the North American pro game.

another underwhelming year.... sigh...... I heard a lot of great things about this kid when he got drafted. How he is a great skater, highly skilled , highly offensive, very solid defensively, he has grit, not afraid to lay the body, this is technically his 3rd pro season, quite underwhelming actually. OH well, stats doesn't equal to NHL career.