The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

7 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Who knows with this team. we call a kid back to pick up phantom luggage across the country. 

If I were to guess I'd say that he had to show what he had during preseason so he went out on a 75% knee, showed well but re injured.  

The truth is likely somewhere in between, like this you said.

19 hours ago, canuktravella said:

a fewhotels in gf burnt down but theres a few restaurants that sell some amazing  borscht with fresh bread. The old hotel burn down in early 1990s  was like super old and had the best food. We used to play hockey against grandforks and trail and beaver valley and castlegar   good times  my hometowns kettle valley near rock creek and midway 

Wow, where did you get ice? My son's minor hockey teams from PeeWee to Midget went to GF. 2 1/2 hours from Creston. Those young kids saw no value in borscht. They wanted those A&W burgers! Orion still puts out good borscht.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Wow, where did you get ice? My son's minor hockey teams from PeeWee to Midget went to GF. 2 1/2 hours from Creston. Those young kids saw no value in borscht. They wanted those A&W burgers! Orion still puts out good borscht.

midway was our rink  a and w grosss i loved borscht 

deadmarsh played on beaver valley  against us in bantam or midget in mid 90s  the tournies in osoyoos and castlegar were the best.  I got scouted by tacoma rockets as a shutdown center    crazy when my dad died i was looking through his  papers and there was a tacoma rocket head of scouting card  and phone number  of the same douche bag that got charged with sheldon kennedy and theo fleury incidents. Sorta crazy that that guy talked to my dad bout me playing in tacoma i dropped my jaw when i saw that card messed up ehhh

16 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Its been frustrating for us as fans to :( We were all real excited to see what he could do and then he got hurt. He is someone that bring some much needed offence into our lineup and hopefully even out the lines.

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up but I'm hoping for a domino effect if he comes in and performs well.  Hopefully it can push players into more comfortable areas and take the pressure of some guys to score.  

I fear expectations for Rödin are way too high.

• He has never played in the NHL, so despite being 26 years of age he is a rookie. He is not used to the physicality, the speed, the systems.
  • His highest point total in the AHL was 27 (10 goals).
  • In 12 international appearances he has got no goals, one assist.
  • Apart from a few preseason games he has been out for half a year after a severe knee injury (severed tendon) that may heavily influence his skating ability. It will take him more time than 2 AHL games to be ready.

I wish him all the best and hope that he'll go on a tear, but realistically I would expect him to struggle mightily at the beginning and wouldn't be disappointed if it takes him 20+ games to find his rhythm. He is not going to turn around the Canucks season single-handedly. WD will have to give him sheltered minutes, probably with some powerplay time.

Hopefully he proves me wrong...

8 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

I predict he will be playing with the Sedins before the end of January. He's going to be the Swedish Burrows that they clicked with many moons ago. Tomorrow is going to be his 1st game in a long time so it's going to be interesting to see where his game is at.

Or does he get injured again:(

9 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

I predict he will be playing with the Sedins before the end of January. He's going to be the Swedish Burrows that they clicked with many moons ago. Tomorrow is going to be his 1st game in a long time so it's going to be interesting to see where his game is at.

That's actually along the lines of what I'd like to see.  By the TDL and whatever happens by then, put him with the Sedins and drop them timewise to second or even third line 5v5 minutes (they will still get the bulk of PP time).  Share primary 5v5 tiime between the other two main lines -- Sven/Bo/Burrows and Hansen/Sutter/Eriksson/Granlund.  It's nearing time to flip the switch, and it should be done if we're out of the playoff picture come that time.  That also helps prepare the deck for Jake and Brock to come in next year and get us over the transition hump to where the yutes are the primary drivers of the team.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

That's actually along the lines of what I'd like to see.  By the TDL and whatever happens by then, put him with the Sedins and drop them timewise to second or even third line 5v5 minutes (they will still get the bulk of PP time).  Share primary 5v5 tiime between the other two main lines -- Sven/Bo/Burrows and Hansen/Sutter/Eriksson/Granlund.  It's nearing time to flip the switch, and it should be done if we're out of the playoff picture come that time.  That also helps prepare the deck for Jake and Brock to come in next year and get us over the transition hump to where the yutes are the primary drivers of the team.

Thats nice that you still have hope for Jake,  I've joined the side of thinking he's going to live in the AHL and was a bust pick. 

Boeser I'm dumping all my dreams on,  maybe Gaudette a little bit too. 

Hoping Rodin gets a hatty tonight!

Edited by shad0w4life

45 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Thats nice that you still have hope for Jake,  I've joined the side of thinking he's going to live in the AHL and was a bust pick. 

Boeser I'm dumping all my dreams on,  maybe Gaudette a little bit too. 

Hoping Rodin gets a hatty tonight!

Put your hopes on Lockwood too: skill, tenacity, and a mean streak.  (Btw - that's Virtanen too)