The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Hortons: Roll Up The Rim 2017

-Vintage Canuck-

X4Ar9.png:emot-parrot:

I kid.  http://www.680news.com/2017/02/09/3-charged-thefts-roll-rim-cups-tim-hortons-belleville/

Police say two more people have been arrested in connection with the thefts of several boxes of “roll up the rim to win” cups from a Tim Hortons in Belleville, Ont.

A 17-year-old Belleville boy was charged on Tuesday with one count of break, enter and theft, and he was released from custody with a court date in March.

Police say an 18-year-old Belleville man turned himself in on Wednesday, and he was also charged with one count of break, enter and theft.

A 19-year-old Stirling, Ont., man was charged on Feb. 2 with two counts of break, enter and theft, and he was further charged Thursday with theft under $5,000.

The two men have March 16 court dates.

Investigators say the 19-year-old was a former employee at a Tim Hortons, where a number of boxes containing “roll up the rim to win” cups were stolen during break and enters to a storage facility in late January.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:10 AM, Johnny Shotgun said:

Lousy food.  Boring contest.  Amazing how it captures the public's interest.  Some guys at work were actually commenting a week or two before it's kick off that it's about to start.  Like it was an upcoming long weekend.

Yeah it is kinda crazy when you think about it.

I like it cause I drink coffee pretty consistently anyways and atleast you get an opportunity to win if u get your cup of joe at Tims, but I never keep track of when the contest is on like that.

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yeah it is kinda crazy when you think about it.

I like it cause I drink coffee pretty consistently anyways and atleast you get an opportunity to win if u get your cup of joe at Tims, but I never keep track of when the contest is on like that.

Me I'm not much of a coffee drinker but I know lots of people rave about the coffee at McDonald's. Well maybe you'll get that truck.

It amazes me how many people leave their empty cups behind unrolled.  Chances of winning some thing good isn't great, but you may as well take the seconds it take to roll up the rim.  Guy left his cup at the Costco till yesterday.  Rolled up the rim and won free potato wedges.  Which apparently people are pissed about winning.  Go figure, people will complain about getting something for free.

2 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

It amazes me how many people leave their empty cups behind unrolled.  Chances of winning some thing good isn't great, but you may as well take the seconds it take to roll up the rim.  Guy left his cup at the Costco till yesterday.  Rolled up the rim and won free potato wedges.  Which apparently people are pissed about winning.  Go figure, people will complain about getting something for free.

I found one with a coffee a couple years ago. Whenever I see those cups on the side of the road I'm so tempted to pull over and check it out just incase. 

2 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

Which Costco?

Archived