The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blue Jackets

-Vintage Canuck-

Good bounce back game for the Sedins after the last disaster.  Granlund was a big part of that.  He reminds me of the way Burr played with them when he was at his best.  Granlund definitely had that Burr hustle and surprisingly effective on the forecheck despite his lack of weight.  Still think the Sedins should be broken up... but that's not going to happen while WD is in charge.

Miller showed again why he is the team's MVP for the season... if by some miracle the Nucks make the playoffs, he could surprise a few teams if he gets hot.  Such a consumate technical professional... always in position.

Loved Tryamkin's play... totally settled down Columbus... this is a team which likes to play very physical and he stopped that for most of the game except for a brief spell in the third...  but when they tried getting tough when he was on the ice, in that last scrum, he basically laid waste.   Especially liked his smarts in not focusing on one opposing player... yeah he can beat the hell out of one, but its much better if he rescues other Canuck players who are getting pushed around.  Hope everyone noticed how easily he manhandled Boone Jenner... Jenner is not a small man.... 6' 2"/216lbs...  real solid.  Yet Tree tossed him aside like he was a bag of lettuce.

Check out the number of Blue Jacket players over 200 lbs:

Forward:

Josh Anderson 6' 3" - 221

David Clarkson 6' - 207

Brandon Dubinsky 6' 2" - 218

Nick Foligno 6' - 205

Sam Gagner 5' 11" -  200

Scott Hartnell 6' 2" - 218

Boone Jenner 6' 2" - 216

Brandon Saad 6' 1" - 206

Lucas Sedlak 6' - 203

Defense:

Scott Harrington 6'2" - 219

Jack Johnson 6'1" - 226

Seth Jones 6'4" - 220

Ryan Murray 6'1" - 211

David Savard 6'2" - 227

Zach Werenski 6'2" - 218

Yet Tryamkin was able to keep them intimidated most of the game.

20 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Loved Tryamkin's play... totally settled down Columbus... this is a team which likes to play very physical and he stopped that for most of the game except for a brief spell in the third...  but when they tried getting tough when he was on the ice, in that last scrum, he basically laid waste.   Especially liked his smarts in not focusing on one opposing player... yeah he can beat the hell out of one, but its much better if he rescues other Canuck players who are getting pushed around.  Hope everyone noticed how easily he manhandled Boone Jenner... Jenner is not a small man.... 6' 2"/216lbs...  real solid.  Yet Tree tossed him aside like he was a bag of lettuce.

The big Russian bear is just teasing us with glimpses of what he may end up being. Total broner right now.

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Here's a closer look..

tryamkin-hit.gif?w=957&h=536

Speaking of choosing your dance partner wisely, how about when Gagner tried running into Tram 

tryamkin-v-gagner.gif?w=909&h=482

And then circled back afterwards which ended up being a bad decision. 

upper-cuts.gif?w=1030&h=546

Frick this kid is strong. Im not being a homer, but i honestly think guys have been taken off gaurd by how strong he is. Kinda like when chara broke into the league. I played at a high level at one point. Played against scott parker when he waz young. I remeber a senario like this with him and me. I thought of the old saying " the bigger they are the harder they fall " . not with scott parker. The bigger he was and the harder i fell.  

I remember thinking , holy f this dude is stronger then everyone thinks. My teammates laughed after the game and said a few of them found out the hard way too. 

I bet there was similar talk in the blue jackets dressing room tonight. Every time i see tram steam role i can tell guys are thinking " holy #%!$ , just like i did with parker 

They need to sign this kid long term. Wait till he fully realizes how strong he is. He throws guys like they are fn bowling pins 

12 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I didn't really think Tryamkin was going to pan out.  Glad he is proving otherwise.  

Look at the CBJ bench haha

This kid is not only a bull , hes agile. Notice guys are cautious around him? Word gets around trust me. Like i said in a previous post , it was the same with scott parker even before he was a fighter. We all sorta knew we didnt want to push him too far cause he wasnt jjst hype , he was strong as hell. Thats what i see when tram gets mad. Guys are not eager to challenge him cause they know he is crazy strong and coordinated 

Archived