The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

I would think carrying your team into another division on your back could get a little tiring. He deserves a few days rest before trying to do a similar job in Utica.

Dahlen op. He's played vs some big guys in Timra. Let's see how he does on the smaller ice surface. This kid is so clutch. Thank you Senators :)

#soexcited Motte, Goldobin likely headed back soon too.

Edited by Rush17

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Dahlen op. He's played vs some big guys in Timra. Let's see how he does on the smaller ice surface. This kid is so clutch. Thank you Senators :)

#soexcited Motte, Goldobin likely headed back soon too.

A long Calder run for the prospects will be a big + for their development. GOLDY, Dahlen, Lynn and Mott along with a young d-core in Utica. Really positive. Hope they can get past the Marlies.

15 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

A long Calder run for the prospects will be a big + for their development. GOLDY, Dahlen, Lynn and Mott along with a young d-core in Utica. Really positive. Hope they can get past the Marlies.

Lets not forget Jasek. Do I smell a cup?

4 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

I think Dahlen starts in the AHL just due too our surplus on wingers with NHL experience but he is the first call up and sticks.

I think Juolevi will make the team as the 7th Dman due to the amount on LHD we already have.  Edler, Del Zotto, Pouliot and Hutton are ahead of him.  One of those guys will probably be traded making Juolevi the 7th D. 

This has nothing to do with your post but i thought i'd point out that Alex Biega will NEVER get traded 

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

He's averaging 23min and just played 26.  Fairly sure his conditioning has improved.

Just because he is playing big minutes does not mean that he is strong enough to handle the players in the nhl. 

23 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Just because he is playing big minutes does not mean that he is strong enough to handle the players in the nhl. 

What would you need to show he is strong enough? He has no problem against men in Liiga play. Watch him play and you'll see strength isn't going to be an issue for him.

I think Dahlen starts in the AHL just due too our surplus on wingers with NHL experience but he is the first call up and sticks.

I think Juolevi will make the team as the 7th Dman due to the amount on LHD we already have.  Edler, Del Zotto, Pouliot and Hutton are ahead of him.  One of those guys will probably be traded making Juolevi the 7th D. 

4 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Juolevi needs to play.  If the 7th he'd be better-served playing regularly in Utica.

He also needs to learn the pace of the NHL game.  He could sub in and out for a few games until someone gets injured.  Just ease him into the NHL 

AS HW already pointed out, he's either in the starting 6 or in Utica, likely as one of the first LD call ups. There's no way they have him sitting in the press box. 

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Who was the captain for Timra?

@ForzaTikare will know for sure, but I think it was Hampus Larsson this season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86426

EDIT: and looks like Karlsson, Lauritzen, and Berglund wore the A’s.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=11&year0=2018

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

AS HW already pointed out, he's either in the starting 6 or in Utica, likely as one of the first LD call ups. There's no way they have him sitting in the press box. 

Could be right. I just see Liiga being close the same in quality as the AHL and Juolevi has shown he's good enough to take the next step. Maybe he doesn't play every game at first but he is at least practicing with NHL players and coaches and getting the odd game until an injury happens.

27 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

What would you need to show he is strong enough? He has no problem against men in Liiga play. Watch him play and you'll see strength isn't going to be an issue for him.

Most players can play with men, But few have the talent to exploit men. Maybe if he could bench press chara while he makes a tape to tape pass, skating to the net to tap in the rebound. Many on CDC  are not Canuck fans they are just here to run our prospect pool down. I am betting we have a play-off team very soon. Possibly in the next two years. 

On 2018-04-06 at 8:07 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser   This line would have all the elements.

Like a neo-WCE except with a better C (no disprepect to B-Mo)

And dreaming of neo-Sedinery following up with Pettersson-Dahlen.

And no generation gap between the two groups!

10 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Can you back up the "way too slow garbage" Go see his toes in the skills contests. 

Do you even watch games? I don't think so.

Sorry, I didn't really mean pure foot speed. I meant the speed at which he makes plays. I would be happy to be wrong though.

1 hour ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

When his coach says he needs to get a lot stronger. I think I will listen to him. I think he has a very good idea of what it takes to play in the nhl. As fans we want them all to just magically be ready. The elite ones are and the rest just take a while. 

9 minutes ago, appleboy said:

When his coach says he needs to get a lot stronger. I think I will listen to him. I think he has a very good idea of what it takes to play in the nhl. As fans we want them all to just magically be ready. The elite ones are and the rest just take a while. 

The coach of TPS said that?

I assume you're thinking of the comments Salo made of Juolevi needing to get fitter and train harder if he wants to have a hope of being an NHL defender. 

Anyway. This is the Dahlen thread.