The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - Pike's Place Market Murder [MAFIA WIN!] - New Game Sign up in Progress

T-rex930

Apologies for being late and not super creative with the stories today. Pretty hung over right now :ph34r:

Night 2:

Public Execution:

The people of Pike's place are unsettled. Too many deaths recently. Their recent investigation of their last public execution has them worried. Whispers are flying around the town as to who should be lynched tonight...

@DoughtysCheck no idea he was the suspect until the sun set beyond the horizon. It was a beautiful day. Fire red skies cascaded into the light blue sky. The crowd gathered around the execution site. Vote by vote DC's name came up. He tried to run, but there was no getting away. DC was dragged onto the platform, kicking and screaming. "Its not me!" he screamed. "Dont do this!!." A sock was shoved into his mouth to keep him down. That was the last breath of fresh air he would take. the rope wrapped tightly around his neck. The lever was pulled and DC swayed side to side...motionless... The town knew though. DC had a shady background. THere was no doubt he was mafia.

@DoughtysCheck You get last word. Please don't ruin the game for others!

Drive by:

Unpleased, the mafia had lost one of their own. They were going to take revenge. Someone had to pay. Today was @Time Lord's unlucky day. He was on his post dinner walk with his fiance when he noticed a red dot on his chest. A laser pointer he thought. Maybe a kid was having fun up in the apartments. He turned and tried to trace the beam. And he did. What he saw next, was a flash and then darkness. The .22 cal bullet lodged in his trachea. His fiance screamed...but TL wouldnt hear anything anymore...

Pike’s Place Market Killer

The SK is determined to rule the town. He knows what he needs to do. One kill per day. His targets and killing methods equally as random. The poisoned drink he made for @JAY JAY would be untraceable. Jay Jay would die slowly and painfully in his paralyzed state of sleep. Another down. A handful to go he thought as he envisioned Jay Jay in his bed. He would be awake, but he won't be able to scream or move. His eyes would be wide as the blood came streaming out of them like tears. His ears and nose would bleed... slowly, his blood would be drained and he would be lying in a pool of his own blood. 

Pike’s Place Market Hero

The vig thought it best to take things into his own hands. The mafia took a big step last night and they need to be weeded out. @John Locke seemed like an obvious choice for tonight. Swift and quick was the vig's method. A gun with a silencer on the back of JL as he walked by. He would drop to his knees not knowing what happened and the Vig would be out before anyone could react.

Roster

1. Master Radishes

2. JAY JAY    (Mafia)

3. DoughtysCheck   (Mafia)

4. Alain Vigneault

5. Zfetch

6. Blue Jay 22   (Special)

7. Beluga Whale

8. DarthMelvin    (TP)

9. J-23

10. Time Lord   (TP)

11. Stamkos   (TP)

12. mau5trap

13. Rocksterh8

14. diesel_3

15. Armbar

16. JohnLocke   (TP)

FYI Vote Count:
DC (7) - MR, JJ, AV, BW, J23, Arm, JL
TL (2) - DC, Diesel
Armbar (1) - Zfetch

Diesel (1) - TL
MR (1) - Mau5

2 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Huzzah - thank you, dearest SK.

I was town-reading JJ, to be honest.

Actually came here to say JJ was bothering me with his lack of genuine scum hunting. He usually goes way harder as town. 

Someone go do a thorough vote review from last round please.

So MR calls out Doughty about inactivity on Friday which nobody had done

Doughty responds about Thursday inactivity when it is clear MR is talking about Friday

JJ points out this which virtually all of us missed.

I think MR is mafia.

VOTE Master Radishes

8 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

We're nice!

Mafia is probably down to: Arm, Vin Diesel, Rock, AV

If you're saying we need to lynch the cast of the Furious movies I'm more thank okay with that.

7 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

So MR calls out Doughty about inactivity on Friday which nobody had done

Doughty responds about Thursday inactivity when it is clear MR is talking about Friday

JJ points out this which virtually all of us missed.

I think MR is mafia.

VOTE Master Radishes

I don't follow your thinking. You're blaming me for DC's poor excuse?

12 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Actually came here to say JJ was bothering me with his lack of genuine scum hunting. He usually goes way harder as town. 

Someone go do a thorough vote review from last round please.

I will, but I don't have time just yet.

JJ is...eccentric, shall we say. I struggle to read him properly anyway.

Okay, quickly then:

21 hours ago, Armbar said:

lol too obvious

unvote TL vote DC

Context: Armbar said SK should kill Zfetch/BW, and DC pulled the ol' 'they seem TP to me!' bit.

21 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

This is the second time you've blown a minor thing out of proportion (or, in this case, missed the joke) and pushed for a lynch. DM in R1, now Armbar.

Vote DoughtysCheck.

I'll let you guys read into this as you please.

13 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Unvote Rocksterh8, VOTE DoughtysCheck

AV said a bit more in a previous post, but this was after JJ pointed out DC's slip about inactivity timing. I have reasons to suspect AV, but I won't go over them here.

12 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

Vote DC

This was left without any justification. I was going to call it out, but, y'know, he's dead and is TP.

12 hours ago, Armbar said:

unvote DC vote TL

Should've stayed on him last night. DC wagon has picked up far too easily imo.

Armbar backs off his own wagon. Considering TL is now dead and flipped TP, it's interesting that Armbar (and others) tried to get the TL wagon going again around this point. I'll look at this in another post, when I get time.

10 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

Why not? I like it. 

Fresh hottakes on the press: Doughty and JL are scum. Doughty is so much more aggressive when he's town and it looked like JL was looking for an opportunity to bus a teammate that was going down.

I think Doughty is a good lynch this round and he's had several interactions which place players as potential teammates or non-teammates.

Vote Doughty

I think this has to look good for BW. This was hours after the initial surge of votes. The DC wagon could have easily been derailed if the Mafia were concerned, and BW here makes a case for it again. Absolutely no need for a scum teammate to do this.

Pt 2

10 hours ago, Armbar said:

You opened a window for it.

unvote J23 vote DC

SK kill JL

Armbar jumps back on despite protesting the vote earlier.

7 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

Vote DoughtysCheck

For the reasons I stated.

It was clear DC was doomed at this point, so this makes sense.

7 hours ago, J-23 said:

Vote:DC

Mr. Bandwagon does it again. Common sense says J23 is scummy. But, I mean, wouldn't a teammate warn him against doing this? Is he just TWTBW?

Conclusions: 7 voters, so common sense dictates JJ wasn't the only scummate to wagon DC. A number of possibilities exist in that regard.

Jay Jay's key posts:

15 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

Sorry for the late getting here. Even I have a real life sometimes.

I don't know what to say after reading the Nightfall!

If Zfetch ( if not, then BW would have to be in on the scam also) really is the Doctor, then we are very lucky that BJ (if Sheriff) investigated Zfetch first. (and that Z survived the round, he admitted to saving BW)

Bit of paranoia on my part I know, but I can't help coming back to this.

The Vig didn't make a kill (I agree also with the Vig waiting till 2nd round.)

Considering what has occurred this worked out great for us.

The Doc did put a save on BW

Well, that didn't happen, but BW as/if TP does need to worry. (Based on the past)

It all seems so weird now, like it was 'directed'.

Tries to cast shade on Zfetch and BW. Doesn't stick. But I don't think there's much to read into here.

15 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

Worked out didn't it.

OP says the Sherriff will receive full report if they investigate the Doc or Vig, but the SK will comeback as tp.

See now my paranoia growing larger wings.

If Z is the SK, and ... never mind its all falling apart. If there is a Doc claim later in this round or next, I'll come back to this.

For now I have to believe Zfetch and BW are TP or else I'll go mad. (I had a pretty good feel on BW before this.)

Fake paranoia again.

14 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

My TP reads so far.

1. Me - 100% TP

2. Z - Claims Doctor (Not as yet disputed). For now rate 90% TP

3. BW - Has now aligned with the Doc and confirmed the BJ PM. For now rate 90% TP

4. Armbar - As before. Seems a familiar player (and not 2 games ago) For now rate 80% TP

I would speculate on some others, but my speculations would wonder about whether they are Specials or not, by their play or lack of. Not going to help target. No one else stands out as particularly towny. Maybe AV and TL.

Not sure on MR or Mau5. Teammates?, somethings off here.

Diesel - No clue. I'd place him in the scum pool.
             No vote, no show, and a reason for the DM kill maybe.

My scum reads so far.
Weak I know but nothing jumps out. Mostly feels but fairly accurate so far.
My feels that is. Felt BW was TP and felt BJ was a Special.

Scum pool:

1. DC - will post reason
2. Diesel - as above
3. J-23 - maybe its just his newbie play
4. JL - will go over JL's posts, I have a feeling. For now.
5. MR or Mau5 - Was that staged, the #'s of mafia thing?

How many are there?

Okay, here we go.

Interesting that he slips Armbar into his TP reads. Also mentions AV and TL as 'maybes'. Common sense says someone in there is Mafia, no?

Also, of his 6(ish) scum reads, one was Mafia, one was TP. That leaves the bolded.

Interestingly (for me in particular, of course) is the shade thrown at me/Mau5 with the fence-sitting suggesting of our argument being staged.

13 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

Re: Scum Pool -DC reason.

Multi quote isn't working for me.

I thought it strange that MR said DC is lurking not was (posted 2nd round) pg. 12

and DC replied with a 1st. round reason. pg. 13

Maybe its nothing and I'm nitpicking. IDK.

I said my scum reads were weak, but I'll stand by them.

Explains his read on DC, which we all know by now.

What I don't get is why he does this. I mean, Mafia call each other out when it's safe to do so, sure. But at this point DC has two votes against him for other transgressions. Why pile on like this?

Also I find it odd that the mafia didn't kill either or of MR and BW.

You'd expect at least one dead by now given their pedigree. This could also suggest one is SK. As maybe the SK would have considered in round one taking out a large player. Looking at you BW. Need to lose some weight fatty...

Jay Jay Pt 2

12 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

So what you are saying is that BW is not necessarily TP because of that.

I suppose you are right, but I assumed a greater TP % than I originally had given BW based on that alignment.

I had 75% and I have nothing yet (other than my paranoia) to change that without the possible alignment.

Either way, for now, BW remains in my TP pool.

Thanks JL, as if I needed to doubt myself even more.

Despite earlier hinting suspicion of Zfetch and BW, now seems to believe it mostly clears BW. In retrospect, this was an obvious one. :lol:

I haven't made a vote yet, I'm trying to narrow down mafia suspects.

I don't think I've ever been able to get a feel on TL. If I really believed the no to little posting was a true mafia tell,

all and any of my lists would contain nothing but them. There is just as good a reason to remain quiet for some.

TL is in neither pool at the moment. Maybe it's time to look closer at him. Go for it DC.

rocksterh8 has said he is unable to play. If this is true, he will likely be GK'd and will not be a factor.

Hopefully he is not TP.

Armbar for me remains in the TP pool for the reasons stated.

Yes, it is just a feel, but it is a strong one.

This is in response to DC. Waffles on TL. Admits Armbar is just a strong feeling.

There was only one vote on him at the time he showed up and voted Diesel. Even gave a reason.

Diesel immediately dropped the retaliatory vote on TL.

How do you do that?

Arguing about TL (with DC) still.

11 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

Sorry, wasn't really implying anything, just letting my paranoia run away with me

I just thought it was weird in the sense that you had all of that pegged.

In response to BW questioning his earlier suspicion of Z/BW.

Not much of substance here, but perhaps a few hints. E.g. his TP reads are Zfetch (duh), BW, and Armbar. Not that BW is clear by any means, but I kind of get that one. Armbar is apparently just because of a strong feeling, though.

Archived