The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

1 minute ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

"GM Jim Benning speaking to the media. Said #Canucks knew this could happen with Tryamkin, tried everything to keep him in Vancouver."

Really Jim, try not being so egotistic yourself & hire some much needed help this management team is in need of. 

Yes you've done some good work & scouting, but you can't do it all.

Awful lot of assumptions in that post of yours. What about Benning has made him come across as egotistical?

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's nice that Benning has qualified Tryamkin until 21/22, so at least he's trying to hang on to him one way or the other and leaving that door open, but Tryamkin will only move back if his wife decides to (enter sound of whip snap)

Can you blame him?

bve61.png

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Awful lot of assumptions in that post of yours. What about Benning has made him come across as egotistical?

Obviously I don't feel alone. Here's another members exact words on a page back if you wish to read. I happen to agree with him 100%.

Up until the last interviews a couple of days ago, they clearly believed Tryamkin was going to come back.  They were marketing him, and talking about how they were moving forward assuming he was on the roster at every turn.  You just don't do that if you think there is even a reasonable chance he won't be there.

That means they just didn't know where his head was at.  Not knowing that means they couldn't have done everything possible to sway him to stay, they didn't even have the info to try.  Whether there was any chance of swaying him is entirely beside the point, we will never know because they weren't on the ball with it.  He didn't feel valued enough, and combining that with a ton of factors both on and off the ice... he felt it would be more comfortable playing for millions less in the KHL.

The truth is we needed him a whole lot more than he needed us, and any negotiations needed to reflect that.

This really shows we DO need to add a Kruger to the management group.  There needs to be another voice in that room to help make decisions and ensure they are on top of all of this.  Too many players have been talking about being confused and not knowing the expectations of them.

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

If I am reading the quotes correctly, she was in Vancouver with him.

As far as icetime, evidently he it wasn't explained as to why he was sat out of games or why he wasn't good enough for the PP or why some players that were not as good as him got more icetime or .....and having mis-management not explain that a new coach might be different rather than the youth and talent bow to seniority, well the Nucks will surely trades his rights now, like I said early in the year, only now for another castaway or bag of pucks, 7 th round pick his year.

You know that 2014 draft, most of the draft player info came from Boston. No joy since.

This has to be the most self entitled bollocks I've read on here for a while. Do you even realise how stupid/naive this paints Tryamkin.

You people are unbelievable. Every time there is a problem with a player it has to be the Club's fault - what's wrong with you?

7 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Did he really? I thought Willie was asked to play Larsen so that JB could see if he was the puck moving D they were looking for. After about 10 games it became obvious he wasn't and when Guddy went down and Try had got himself fit the coach played him.

If Willie wasn't on board with it, it was because Try wasn't fit.

I wish you stop insult WD's intelligence by reading the lowest common denominator into every decision he makes. Where do you get the knowledge or the right to do that?

Actually Tryamkin got into the lineup because of injury to Tanev against Montreal on 2 Nov.   Gudbranson was in the lineup until mid-December.

Against Ottawa the next day - Larsen was still in the lineup and it was between Biega and Tryamkin to fill in for Tanev.  Stecher was in Utica - he got recalled after that game because Edler got injured against Ottawa.

1 minute ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Obviously I don't feel alone. Here's another members exact words on a page back if you wish to read. I happen to agree with him 100%.

Up until the last interviews a couple of days ago, they clearly believed Tryamkin was going to come back.  They were marketing him, and talking about how they were moving forward assuming he was on the roster at every turn.  You just don't do that if you think there is even a reasonable chance he won't be there.

That means they just didn't know where his head was at.  Not knowing that means they couldn't have done everything possible to sway him to stay, they didn't even have the info to try.  Whether there was any chance of swaying him is entirely beside the point, we will never know because they weren't on the ball with it.  He didn't feel valued enough, and combining that with a ton of factors both on and off the ice... he felt it would be more comfortable playing for millions less in the KHL.

The truth is we needed him a whole lot more than he needed us, and any negotiations needed to reflect that.

This really shows we DO need to add a Kruger to the management group.  There needs to be another voice in that room to help make decisions and ensure they are on top of all of this.  Too many players have been talking about being confused and not knowing the expectations of them.

Okay, all of that is a totally fair argument whether or not it happens to be true. What does any of this have to do with Benning's ego though?

Do you think there is a deal to be made for Valeri Nichushkin?  May address some of our scoring concerns with a player that is in a similar position to Tryamkin.  He has one year left on his Russian contract but then might look really good on one of our top lines.

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

They asked him to go on a conditioning stint. Nothing more.

I realise that. My point was it made no difference to Tryamkin, because he was so against going to the AHL he had it written into his contract. As far as he was concerned it appears he was prepared to do the work but in Vancouver.

Frankly it's a shambles of a situation for a rookie to dictate terms to an NHL club.

8 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Can you blame him?

bve61.png

Nik needed to buy her a $3M tear down in North Van and build her a brand new house with a in-law suite and a separate cabin in the backyard with a nice city view.

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Wow that 2014 draft that got us so excited about is really turning into a disaster 

Virtanen

McCann 

Tryamkin

Vey 

All hope now rests in Demko 

Virtanen will still be a very good NHL player.  Clearly he will not the BPA.  But we can absolutely use a forward with his power and skating ability!  

Right now they have just got back on track to where he should have been at the start of 2015. It would have been ideal if he could play AHL last year? But even Edmonton sent Draisaitl back to junior half way through the year.

I was and remain pretty happy to have Gudbranson for McCann.

10 hours ago, Boeser6 said:

I wonder if this forces JB to leave Edler unprotected now - Sbisa's sandpaper just got more important to us, irrespective of the fact he's young, and already a better player than Edler

I used to really support Edler and thought he was unfairly bashed by Vancouver fans and this year there was alot of pressure on him given the injuries on the back end but he has regressed irrespective of that added pressure. He's only 30, and for Dmen that's peak production time 

If I'm JB I tell him, I'm moving you at the draft or get ready for vegas your choice - but we cant lose Try and Sbisa in the same year unless you want a D softer than butter

Careful for what you wish for.

People forget Sbisa is also pretty much a journeyman D.  Shaping up to finally be a strong presence just before he becomes UFA next year. I might add, everyone criticized Luca's contract. Clearly his agent, ergo Sbisa himself leveraged both a bigger payday than people expected. AND the right to be UFA at a fairly early age. Does anyone not expect him to leverage that again?

We should not be the least bit surprised to see Sbisa bolt UFA next year if we don't expose him. In fact, I would expect it...

At least Edler wants to be here!

9 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah it's not his fault Willie called him out in from of the media

By NHL coaching standards Willie is very PC with his commentary. 

Last year in mid year I watched Washington play. And Trotz had sat Tom Wilson after playing him with Backstrom & Ovechkin. The coach was asked by the media if he felt it would damage the confidence of a talented 1st round pick who seemed like he was on the rise?  Trotz's response was; ''ïll tell you the same frickin thing I told him! He was playing sluggish and the puck died on his stick in the offensive end virtually every time it touched his stick!" ''I wanted him to think about that before we invested another shift in him!''

Lots of the good NHL coaches, Babcock & Quenneville included at choice moments, don't get started on Hitchcock, are very hard on their players.

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You know alf, those of us that know what a "DP" is know that it is ethnic or malicious slur. It might be out of date now but it doesn't make the meaning go away.

I'd like to see him say that to his face...he would be knocked the F&%k out.

Just now, TheGuardian_ said:

You know alf, those of us that know what a "DP" is know that it is ethnic or malicious slur. It might be out of date now but it doesn't make the meaning go away.

Let's just leave it as the intended innocent "double post" meaning, then and we can all sleep soundly in our beds.:lol: 

In a more amiable vein, what would you rather I use? I'm happy to oblige if it upsets you.

Archived