The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

24 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

This has to be the most self entitled bollocks I've read on here for a while. Do you even realise how stupid/naive this paints Tryamkin.

You people are unbelievable. Every time there is a problem with a player it has to be the Club's fault - what's wrong with you?

good call thank you for saying that

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You don't know what it means, it is very old, even to me but not my dear old dad

It means "displaced person" but in an insulting way that have caused many fights in the past.

3 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You don't know what it means, it is very old, even to me but not my dear old dad

I do know what it means, actually. However, I think from the context of the post it was pretty clear @alfstonker meant "Double Post" and wasn't making a slur against Polish people. 

Does it upset you if someone uses the word "spade" to refer to a shovel?

In a KHL interview, Tryamkin mentioned his grandparents as being one of the reasons why he decided to go back to the KHL next season. I wonder if that -- coupled with Tryamkin saying he needed to go back home for "family reasons" -- is why he's going back? Maybe one of his grandparent's is sick and he wanted to be with them before they passed for the year? That coupled with the Olympics possibly played into this decision.

It's just that my gut says if he wanted to stay in the KHL for a long time, he'd have signed longer than a one year deal to return...

I'm curious to see how many Russian players sign 1 year KHL deals to play in the Olympics this offseason... Especially those, like Tryamkin, who are RFA's...

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

In a KHL interview, Tryamkin mentioned his grandparents as being one of the reasons why he decided to go back to the KHL next season. I wonder if that -- coupled with Tryamkin saying he needed to go back home for "family reasons" -- is why he's going back? Maybe one of his grandparent's is sick and he wanted to be with them before they passed for the year? That coupled with the Olympics possibly played into this decision.

It's just that my gut says if he wanted to stay in the KHL for a long time, he'd have signed longer than a one year deal to return...

I'm curious to see how many Russian players sign 1 year KHL deals to play in the Olympics this offseason... Especially those, like Tryamkin, who are RFA's...

Glad to hear it's only a 1-yr. Hope this kid returns.

2 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Is it confirmed that he signed a year deal in the KHL?

I wonder if the frustration of Tryamkin was a contributing factor in firing Willie?

A case could be made by 2/3rds through the season that he deserved some of Edler's TOI.

I personally still appreciate the pragmatic approach of bringing the rookie along.  Its just a question.

Just now, Trebreh said:

I'm glad he mentioned Pedan in that interview regarding our physicality on defence! that leads me to believe he will get re-signed! :D

Same here.

I'm going to make the assumption that Juolevi will be starting the year in the NHL.

3 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I am hopeful your right, I hope Benning etal don't trade away his rights out of some idea of desperation but not hopeful there I am almost expecting it.

Well another username is on the horizon. Any suggestions?

Went from my favorite Dman to an entitled piece of crap in 2 seconds. 

Thank God we took Juolevi over Tkachuk last year!

I still say we trade Edler even after Tryamkin left

Go into next year with a good young D destined for another top pick while they develop

Also let's get Subban in there next year! Hopefully his offence will help us forget about that traitor!

1 minute ago, Hortankin said:

Go into next year with a good young D destined for another top pick while they develop

Also let's get Subban in there next year! Hopefully his offence will help us forget about that traitor!

Just keep in mind he could come back as soon as 2018-19.

2 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Hordobin

42 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

"GM Jim Benning speaking to the media. Said #Canucks knew this could happen with Tryamkin, tried everything to keep him in Vancouver."

Really Jim, try not being so egotistic yourself & hire some much needed help this management team is in need of. 

Yes you've done some good work & scouting, but you can't do it all.

tumblr_mr8kob7lyv1sa8zx1o2_400.gif

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I wonder what Don Cherry thinks about another Russian bolting to the KHL lol 

Some NHL players use what leverage they have, any time they can!  

Look at O'Reilly in Colorado?  Lecavalier got overpaid even coming out of being bought out. Bure??? I remain of the opinion Luongo was a bit of a __ck asking for, and getting what he did.  There is French, English & Russian guys on this list. Lindros anyone...

Archived