The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Tampa Bay-Vancouver

I'll be honest. I've been impressed by a lot of your posts morrissex. However, if I'm Simon Cowell, this proposal would not sound good at a karaoke bar. ;)

Too much good potential we're giving up for 1 player. It's just not worth it. lol

But keep your head up :). No one seems to like that fact that I don't think Tanev's worth as much as people think and I still post here. lol

How about no?

Those 4 players represent a 25% chance each that at least one of that group could become the equivalent to what Drouin is and could be in the future.

In fact, I would bet my bottom dollar that Dahlen and Goldobin can both become exactly what Drouin is now, they have the skill. Gaudette is going to be a monster down the road and Baertschi is Baertschi, he'll be an excellent T9 forward throughout his career.

5 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Lol @ the ppl saying TB would say no. They would have the paperwork signed so fast b4 JB realized what a bone head proposal this is.

That'd be like us trading Baertschi to the Jets for Ehlers, Petan, and Connor.

All 4 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Dahlen, and Gaudette) has really high potential. If Tampa said no to it I'd be shocked, really shocked.

Baertschi - 68GP 35pts

Drouin - 73GP 53pts

Considering the team and role these 2 played I'd argue a swap of just these 2 are fair, but Tampa deffiently wouldn't think so.

Drouin is and will be a stud and I'd risk Tanev or Edler for him, but I will not agree to give up our 4 most offensive prospect who could ALL possibly turn out better than Drouin, for Drouin

ID give them Tanev + CLB 2nd at most, I wouldn't even want to add the pick tbh

Tampa has a ton of forward prospects, not to mention a lot of depth. Contract spots would be an issue. If they are trading away Drouin they will be targeting a high end young defenseman rather than more forwards. So yes they would definitely reject as its not a trade that addresses their needs.

4 hours ago, Zhukini said:

If you can find someone else who thinks Drouin for Baertschi one for one is fair, please let me know

It's not but it's more fair looking than the Lightning fan suggested.. atleast I hope he's a Lightning fan

2 hours ago, Toews said:

Tampa has a ton of forward prospects, not to mention a lot of depth. Contract spots would be an issue. If they are trading away Drouin they will be targeting a high end young defenseman rather than more forwards. So yes they would definitely reject as its not a trade that addresses their needs.

Man I can't wait to say I told you so when all those players show their stuff at this level. Too many people think Gillis is still GM and prospects have no shot. 

Gaudette being the worst of the 4 imo says a lot in that trade package.

Goldobin

very talented playmaker/sniper (?)

Dahlen

Possible offensive star (Gudreau)

Gaudette 

Possibe star, most likely 2nd/3rd line 2 way center (Kesler?)

And then we all know what we have in Baertschi. ID honestly say this is the worst proposal I seen on here in a while, that's saying a lot.

I bet most of you never watched Dahlen play before, we committed a major robbery getting him for Burrows. MAJOR

Drouin is more valuable but only because he had 1 decent season in the NHL, but in 3 years I bet you wouldn't even consider a 1 for 1 with Dahlen and Drouin.. that's just my opinion, go watch some clips on that kid, he is deffiently something special, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a good impression in the preseason and steal a roster spot.. he is that good. I'd rather him spend a year in Utica and help Demko win the Calder though. Utica will have a really good shot at it next year

1 minute ago, Hortankin said:

Man I can't wait to say I told you so when all those players show their stuff at this level. Too many people think Gillis is still GM and prospects have no shot. 

Goldobin

Dahlen

Gaudette 

And then we all know what we have in Baertschi. ID honestly say this is the worst proposal I seen on here in a while, that's saying a lot.

I bet most of you never watched Dahlen play before, we committed a major robbery getting him for Burrows. MAJOR

Drouin is more valuable but only because he had 1 decent season in the NHL, but in 3 years I bet you wouldn't even consider a 1 for 1 with Dahlen and Drouin.. that's just my opinion, go watch some clips on that kid, he is deffiently something special, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a good impression in the preseason and steal a roster spot.. he is that good. I'd rather him spend a year in Utica and help Demko win the Calder though. Utica will have a really good shot at it next year

Check out Tampa's prospect pool especially the forwards that they have. They do not even have the contract spots available to sign their own prospects on ELCs. The fact is that Drouin is currently the only elite player out of that group and if he does go it will be in a trade for a defenseman. And I have seen Dahlen at the WJC where I watched every single Swedish game. I do agree that he has excellent tools but he has yet to put it all together.

The 3 other Swedes drafted in the top 60 (Nylander, Asplund and Grundstrom) all had a better tournament than him. Nylander especially dominated and he struggled in the AHL this past year. I admire your enthusiasm but its far too early to say that Dahlen will be on the same level as Drouin. Tampa certainly will not be taking that gamble. The Sens are not a dumb team either, they have drafted very well in the past few years. They knew what they were giving up in Dahlen. The Swedes that I have spoken to who watched him more frequently than anyone on here say that he will likely be a top 9 forward in the NHL. He will have to take serious strides in the next couple of years if he is going to be a top line forward for the Canucks.

28 minutes ago, Toews said:

Check out Tampa's prospect pool especially the forwards that they have. They do not even have the contract spots available to sign their own prospects on ELCs. The fact is that Drouin is currently the only elite player out of that group and if he does go it will be in a trade for a defenseman. And I have seen Dahlen at the WJC where I watched every single Swedish game. I do agree that he has excellent tools but he has yet to put it all together.

The 3 other Swedes drafted in the top 60 (Nylander, Asplund and Grundstrom) all had a better tournament than him. Nylander especially dominated and he struggled in the AHL this past year. I admire your enthusiasm but its far too early to say that Dahlen will be on the same level as Drouin. Tampa certainly will not be taking that gamble. The Sens are not a dumb team either, they have drafted very well in the past few years. They knew what they were giving up in Dahlen. The Swedes that I have spoken to who watched him more frequently than anyone on here say that he will likely be a top 9 forward in the NHL. He will have to take serious strides in the next couple of years if he is going to be a top line forward for the Canucks.

What kind of level is Drouin on? 

Drouin (22)

72GP 21-32-53 (-13)

It's funny how 1 year ago people wouldnt even be willing to trade a high 2nd for him and now all of a sudden he is worth Baertschi, Goldobin, Dahlen, and Gaudette?

I wouldn't even trade those 4 for Bo if he was a Lightning player. Drouin and Bo had very similar stats last year and Bo doesn't even get half the attention, and tbh is the far better player.

I want Drouin, always have.. But not at a ridiculous price like that. 

Tanev + CLB 2nd should be more than enough

Just now, Hortankin said:

What kind of level is Drouin on? 

Drouin (22)

72GP 21-32-53 (-13)

It's funny how 1 year ago people wouldnt even be willing to trade a high 2nd for him and now all of a sudden he is worth Baertschi, Goldobin, Dahlen, and Gaudette?

I wouldn't even trade those 4 for Bo if he was a Lightning player. Drouin and Bo had very similar stats last year and Bo doesn't even get half the attention, and tbh is the far better player.

I want Drouin, always have.. But not at a ridiculous price like that. 

Tanev + CLB 2nd should be more than enough

The people that wouldn't trade a high 2nd for Drouin clearly didn't watch him play. I watched quite a bit of him in the Q especially when I was trying to get more glimpses of Ehlers during the ongoing Torts disaster.

I never said the Canucks should make that trade. Gutting the prospect pool for one player isn't going to end up going well. Tampa wouldn't make that trade either though and that was always the point of my post. They have a lot of forward prospects to the point where they lose some every year to waivers and being unable to offer contracts to some due to the 50 contract limit. I could be wrong but I don't think Tampa would be interested in a Tanev for Drouin swap, they will target a younger defenseman around the same age as Drouin with the same pedigree.

9 minutes ago, Toews said:

The people that wouldn't trade a high 2nd for Drouin clearly didn't watch him play. I watched quite a bit of him in the Q especially when I was trying to get more glimpses of Ehlers during the ongoing Torts disaster.

I never said the Canucks should make that trade. Gutting the prospect pool for one player isn't going to end up going well. Tampa wouldn't make that trade either though and that was always the point of my post. They have a lot of forward prospects to the point where they lose some every year to waivers and being unable to offer contracts to some due to the 50 contract limit. I could be wrong but I don't think Tampa would be interested in a Tanev for Drouin swap, they will target a younger defenseman around the same age as Drouin with the same pedigree.

Why get someone with potential when there's a player just entering his prime who happens to be a top defender in the league. Tanev is only 27, 3-5 years of him back there I'm sure will get Tampa atleast 1 cup. He's on a really nice contract to for how good he is. Perfect trade for a contender like Tampa can make.

7 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Goldobin

Dahlen

Gaudette 

Youre asking people if they've watching Jonathan Dahlen play, yet you compared him to Johnny Gaudreau?? Johnathan Dahlen has a style of play nothing similar to Gaudreau...

4 hours ago, Eastsidenuck said:

Youre asking people if they've watching Jonathan Dahlen play, yet you compared him to Johnny Gaudreau?? Johnathan Dahlen has a style of play nothing similar to Gaudreau...

Best comparison I can think of. They are both smaller skilled players. Don't even watch Gudreau much only when they play us. Point is he is going to be a stud and he should be untradable. 

What's your take on the trade proposal? Would you trade those 4 players for Drouin?

No chance I make this trade. Doesn't make much sense for either side. I want drouin as bad as anyone and I think he will be a solid 1st liner raking in 70+ points a year but he's not worth giving up 4 of our players who will all probably be in the NHL in 2 years time. Dahlen isn't a big guy but he plays a big mans game, driving the net, scoring most of his goals by being around the net battling and because he can shoot the puck. If drouin gets moved I think it will be a 1 for 1 or he gets moved for a d man +pick or prospect. Either way I think the lightening will have to make some kind of move but the more I think about it the more I don't think we are the right partners

On 6/1/2017 at 3:51 PM, morrissex95 said:

TO TAMPA BAY:

LW Sven Baertschi

LW Jonathan Dahlen

RW Nikolay Goldobin 

C Adam Gaudette

TO VANCOUVER: 

LW Jonathan Drouin 

Wow you have to be high on something......can you spare any?

On 2017-06-02 at 0:39 AM, Toews said:

I watched all the games too, and the only player that had a better tournament was Nylander. Dahlen was better or equal to the other two. I do agree the trade makes no sense for both sides.

On 6/1/2017 at 3:51 PM, morrissex95 said:

TO TAMPA BAY:

LW Sven Baertschi

LW Jonathan Dahlen

RW Nikolay Goldobin 

C Adam Gaudette

TO VANCOUVER: 

LW Jonathan Drouin 

As a rebuilding team we need to keep our prospects as they are all lottery tickets.  If we want drouin it's prolly tanev, Sven and a 2nd round pick.

Guys, can we kill this thread already.

First of all, it's embarrassing. I had a few too many glasses of scotch which is usually fine but then I logged onto CDC. Then I went on CapFriendly and took a look at our depth. Then I threw some proposals on a word document which is something I like doing when I'm a little tipsy. This time I decided to post my worst proposal on CDC. I get that the proposal sucks and I won't be making anymore for a little while. In the future, I'll remember that scotch and CDC don't mix. 

That is all. 

On 2017-6-1 at 8:59 PM, scheif16 said:

Jonathan Dahlen could be a similar player like Filip Forsberg so we should be patient with him.

He was ranked 2nd in the top 10 canucks prospects recently so that guy looks promising. 

I would rather do a trade involving Tanev to get 2nd or 3rd overall.

I assume Philly wants to get back into the playoffs next season, they could use a guy like Tanev to guide provorov and gostisbehre.

Tanev + CBJ 2nd for 2nd overall ( hope for Hischier)

Are you in ???

Those rankings are garbage.  Dahlen isn't ranked in the top hundred prospects in the world, where four of our players are, Juolevi, Boesser, Demko, Virtanen in that order are.

The writer isn't a scout, or using international scouting rankings in his article, might have well just pulled the list out of a hat it was that bad.  Before that trade Dahlen was buried in Ottawas deeper pool, and Goldobin was San Jose third best prospect in one of the weakest pools in the league.  Neither player cracked the top hundred or had their prospective clubs salivating.

Dahlen is stoked as his chances to make the lineup improved dramatically, Ottawa had no plans to even bring him to North America next year ....  So don't take to much stock in the provinces list, or get too excited about our most recent additions, hopefully they will become roster players and might simply because we don't have replacements for the Sedins in the system yet....but the actual experts are saying they may or may not become top nine players, certainly not for sure things.  Dahlen says he is, which is great that he has that confidence, looking forward to training camp to see how he holds up.  If he is comparable to Forsberg JB will become a deity in my eyes for noticing this where others paid just to evaluate talent, have not. 

9 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Guys, can we kill this thread already.

First of all, it's embarrassing. I had a few too many glasses of scotch which is usually fine but then I logged onto CDC. Then I went on CapFriendly and took a look at our depth. Then I threw some proposals on a word document which is something I like doing when I'm a little tipsy. This time I decided to post my worst proposal on CDC. I get that the proposal sucks and I won't be making anymore for a little while. In the future, I'll remember that scotch and CDC don't mix. 

That is all. 

Man it's ok.   Of course things seem like good ideas when Scotch is involved,  a bad proposal is an easy thing to live down, at least you didn't wake up wanting to chew your own arm off... whiskey goggles are trouble.

Archived