The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

Just now, nickels said:

I wouldn't be surprised if discussing Tanev and Virtanen for 8th and Kane.

If Kane would agree to extension around 5yrs x 5.5-6m would probably make this deal.

I was thinking along those lines as well.  Really, in this draft, are 5 + 8 worse than 3 + 5?  Plus, we add Kane, who would fit in right now.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Glad to see others are starting to see the light -- the 3OA is the starting point of discussions, NOT adding TO Tanev.  Kuzma even suggested (as I have) that it could take both their firsts this year, and I'd add probably even a prospect like Johns.

Getting waaaaay ahead of myself but if we get 3 and 5 do we go:

Heiskanen and Mittelstadt/Glass/Necas

or

Villardi and Makar/Liljegren?

assuming Villardi/Heiskanen go 3/4 which seems to be the way the wind is blowing.

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

or

assuming Villardi/Heiskanen go 3/4 which seems to be the way the wind is blowing.

Vilardi + Makar or Vilardi + Heiskanen depending on who goes 4th. But you nab Viladri first. 

32 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Glad to see others are starting to see the light -- the 3OA is the starting point of discussions, NOT adding TO Tanev.  Kuzma even suggested (as I have) that it could take both their firsts this year, and I'd add probably even a prospect like Johns.

wow!  That would be a real haul and absolutely help the end result of our rebuild to be a more competitive team.  What about Buffalo giving up Kane + 8th overall for Tanev?

I just hope we dont have to give any of our seconds away. Tanev alone should be enough to bring in 3rd overall and the 29th in a subpar draft. 

If it does happen it will most likely build from that. I think Benning will push for no second to be included.  

Van: 3rd overall, 29th overall and Johns or Oleksiak 

Dallas: Tanev, 33rd

3 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I just hope we dont have to give any of our seconds away. Tanev alone should be enough to bring in 3rd overall and the 29th in a subpar draft. 

If it does happen it will most likely build from that. I think Benning will push for no second to be included.  

Van: 3rd overall, 29th overall and Johns or Oleksiak 

Dallas: Tanev, 33rd

I think we will take back Niemi too.  

I can't imagine DAL would give both 3OA AND 29th pick. I'd be super happy if that were to happen and I'd worship the ground that JB walks on but realistically, I doubt DAL would do it even if the Canucks were to take one of their goalies.

2 minutes ago, gobi said:

I can't imagine DAL would give both 3OA AND 29th pick. I'd be super happy if that were to happen and I'd worship the ground that JB walks on but realistically, I doubt DAL would do it even if the Canucks were to take one of their goalies.

3 OA + 29 OA + Niemi for Tanev + Gaunce?

3 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Agree, but again if Tanev's FMV is $100, our strong position will allow us to maybe get $110, $115 for Tanev.   Not $500 like some are suggesting with Reinhart, D. Strome, or straight-up the 3rd overall.

It can pay off to wait longer, or it could backfire like Kesler and Luongo.    If Tanev gets injured and misses 40-50 games next year, his stock will drop significantly as he's already starting to get a reputation of an injury-prone player, after that it would be pretty much confirmed.   It's a gamble.

3rd OA is not that high in value, not in this draft anyway

37 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

or

I like Vilardi and Glass at 3# and 5#.  Sutter is a much better RW, and he can still take face-offs.  Liljegren is probably someone that gets picked 8-15.  I really like him, but I would rather have Vilardi and Glass.  Heiskanen is 2-3 years away with his small frame which is fine given our timeframe, but I think Jim has to think about JIm this year.  The fan base won't be happy with another top pick that doesn't play in the NHL for another 2-3 years.  Makar is a definite no go on a team that doesn't have high end offensive skill.  He will be stuck in his own zone and get hurt with his small frame.  That's a recipe for disaster. 

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

3 OA + 29 OA + Niemi for Tanev + Gaunce?

I doubt DAL would be interested in Gaunce.  I think DAL would want to hold on to at least one of the picks in the first round.  But what do I know.

26 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Alf who would you take in that case? 

3rd

5th 

29th 

33rd

55th

if we have 29,33,55 I sure hope that gets rolled into 3 becoming 1 and 5 becoming 2.  I will take quality over quantity any day.  I know the quality part is highly questionable according to most, but I for what it is worth I still see the top 2 being the highest potential players in this draft.  Whether or not they live up to that remains to be seen, but I do think they have the highest ceilings. 

3 hours ago, nickels said:

I wouldn't be surprised if discussing Tanev and Virtanen for 8th and Kane.

If Kane would agree to extension around 5yrs x 5.5-6m ...would probably make this deal.

Yep and the 8th is close to the same as the 3rd.

All of the experts say that #3-15 could go in any order really width no one really standing over the other.

With 3rd OA you get to take a particular guy you are in love with, or be there to snap up Patrick if he falls because someone wanted a D.

Archived