The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Depends on the Whisky. I found as I got older the more l liked it. Some brands are a little too peaty for my taste. 

But start your day with a wee bit o' Baileys in the coffee. Ahhhhh...

Not big on champagne and orange juice, but it's good at brunch too.

Just don't drive. Or Ride. :)

One thing I regret was never having tried a quality scotch whiskey.  I stopped going out to bars and clubs at 30 years old and I'm not really a sit at home type of drinker.

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

DiPietro isn't that small... he's listed at 6'0" 192 pounds on hockeydb... he's already got 30 lbs on Miller :lol: he may grow an inch or two yet but he's not tiny either 

Ya don't get the underside comment either lol

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Hope these guys know they're coming to the best of the boards All Star team here.   So we're at page 105 in a continuation thread.

Laffs have a whopping 19 pages of draft discussion, Flames...3 pgs.  Oilers, 17.  Posts (on one page).   Pat on our backs....we get called all kinds of loser fans, but come on.  We own this league.   Love all y'all.  I'm hockey drunk this weekend...life has meaning again.

Or does that just mean we have the craZiest!?!? Lol

Some pretty good picks made today. I forgot about Lind and then we draft him. Seems like a solid pick, 30 goal guy in the Dub,  Gadjovich also in the second, Feisty winger who scored 40+ goals in the O. 

Great second round

Then pick what a lot of scouts thinks is one of the best goalie prospects in the third.

Well done so far.

3 minutes ago, TU90 said:

It's so nice to see people positive and happy in here. 

The Canucks have nailed the draft so far, there really is no argument against it.

Addressing needs while taking BPA in specific positions. A lot of hard working players with some flash...Culture is hopefully changing by bringing in some of the tenacious new blood!

• Upvote 2

DiPietro isn't that small... he's listed at 6'0" 192 pounds on hockeydb... he's already got 30 lbs on Miller :lol: he may grow an inch or two yet but he's not tiny either 

The problem with dipietro is that he plays a small game. He's not the most positionally sound goalie so he has to work 100x harder than other goalies which does in fact make him look a bit small in the net. However he has the highest compete level from any goalie in the draft, by far. Just needs to tighten up his game. 

Reminds me a bit of Tim Thomas. 

I have a feeling that the Sabres are going to regret passing on DiPietro for a Finnish goalie with a fake name.  I hope not, but I was higher on DiPietro than I was on Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.

• Upvote 1

Weight means little for goalies

Height is what you look for, most goalies these days are 6'4 6'5 6'6 and lanky

he is quite small but that doesn't stop Quick, i think a good athletic ability and great positioning can overcome any size deficiencies

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I have a feeling that the Sabres are going to regret passing on DiPietro for a Finnish goalie with a fake name.  I hope not, but I was higher on DiPietro than I was on Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.

Sounds like made up name as part of a Finnish fraud :lol:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, goblix said:

Weight means little for goalies

Height is what you look for, most goalies these days are 6'4 6'5 6'6 and lanky

he is quite small but that doesn't stop Quick, i think a good athletic ability and great positioning can overcome any size deficiencies

DiPietro has a high compete level and relatively quick reflexes.  That's what has me sold on him.  Positioning can be taught.

• Upvote 2