The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

yah but that name

Jim must have liked his compete level and I think you nailed it right there.

The name comment works for both goalies.  One name is silly and the other one is possibly semi-cursed.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

DiPietro has a high compete level and relatively quick reflexes.  That's what has me sold on him.  Positioning can be taught.

Quick reflexes is HUGE....talk of him stealing games.  I think the ability to respond quickly in net is more important than being able to fill the net by standing there.   So once you're down and trying to cover the puck with players in front of the net fighting to get it, it's important to be able to do more than the initial save.   A lot can happen after the initial save, and I want someone on it, not sprawled and swimming in desperation after each save.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Quick reflexes is HUGE....talk of him stealing games.  I think the ability to respond quickly in net is more important than being able to fill the net by standing there.   So once you're down and trying to cover the puck with players in front of the net fighting to get it, it's important to be able to do more than the initial save.

His reflexes and hyper-compete level is what made Hasek arguably the best goalie to ever play the game.  That and having a slinky for a spine.

The Canucks are very much set at the goaltender position now.

2 minutes ago, Inge34 said:

Nick Henry

Nikita Popugaev

Matthew Strome

Alex Chmelevski

Hard to believe that some of these guys are still around. Were all ranked in second round

I like Popugaev's size

Henry is gone to the Avs. I want Popugaev or Strome with our last 4th. Probably gonna head back to bed after our final pick in the round

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 1