The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Maddogy said:

The more hockey I watch the more I admire Torts and Brian Burke for their demeanor before the media. 

Last month, Brian was on a show talking about Nylander contract. He said " I was a GM in the NHL for xx years. How you ever been a GM?":lol:

I think both burke and torts are idiots. However, I can agree with you a little bit about them both treating the media as they should be treated - like idiots sometimes.

2 hours ago, guntrix said:

Lol. It's journalism 101. What posters like the one above you don't understand is that it's all about exposure and popularity. There's reporters who make an insanely good living from getting insulted on a daily basis. 

Can't you find at least some hilarity in the profound irony of CDC helping reporters they loath make a living? 

Nice try, Ben, but I know calling calling you a knob on CDC doesn't buy a subscription.

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, guntrix said:

Can't you find at least some hilarity in the profound irony of CDC helping reporters they loath make a living? 

Even more hilarity when the editor in chief realizes that true Canucks fans are no longer buying the paper due to the crap that you espouse and they decide to fire your sorry @@#.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, xshaw said:

Since you are an expert on all healthcare program curricula, can you please enlighten us on what kind of training chiropractors get on concussion protocols, including CEC courses and seminars? And, can you let us know which one of these seminars that Pratt took part in?

Not an expert on all healthcare curricula smart ass. Nice straw man approach.  

I have worked in acute care for over a decade as an Advanced Care Paramedic both in and out of hospital. One thing to realize, Paramedic’s interact with many different aspects of healthcare. We are the blue collar black sheep of the industry.  

So tell me what acute care Chiropractors are there?  What ‘doctor’ diagnosis injuries and a concussion from watching a video other than Dr Recchi of the Bruins?  I don’t pretend to know things I don’t, unlike Dr Recchi and the Chiropractor that diagnosis’s concussions via video. 

Extra education is possible, sure, it’s very possible to add to ones skill set. But where do Chiropractor’s fit within the healthcare system, Primary Care (Family Doctor) Acute Care (ER, where I work as part of the care team), Preventive Care or Rehabilitation?  

They are an alternative therapy provider for preventative care and rehabilitation.  A very valid therapy and one I have used for decades. 

If a Chiropractor is making a concussion diagnosis I would hope he or she had some training ( whatever training they may have. Although they would be limited to a differential diagnosis, as they lack access to the hospital based services needed for definitive diagnosis. I do not know of any Chiropractor that has hospital privileges. Access to imaging for instance would have to go through the patients Primary care provider by request of the patient or though acute care.) Any patient that has such injuries, unless historic, should be immediately referred too acute care. Simply put I know of no therapy that a Chiropractor can provide care safely to a patient acutely suffering from a concussion.  Hardly a time to get an adjustment!! 

So how does a Chiropractor definitely diagnose a concussion and or the severity of such an injury while being an outside alternative care provider?  Why would a Chiropractor, who does not offer acute care treatments even need to be trained in assessing for such injuries?  As a sports trainer and team therapist, they might have some knowledge of concussion protocols. But they would be about preventive and rehabilitation.  Any recognition should be followed by accessing acute care for the injured patient, ie call 911.  I think Pratt can do that too... maybe. 

With no access to hospital services, no direct training in patient assessment in the acute care field, providing no acute care therapies, a Chiropractic has no role that I am aware of in acute care, nor does paramedicine have much of any role in rehabilitation care. 

Anyone could suspect certain injuries or that a person could potentially have certain injuries from watching a video of a hit like EP40’s.  Those injuries would all be acute, not chronic and not in recovery so what possible role would a Chiropractor have in determining injuries and the possible extent at this time?

A good care provider would be careful to have  differential diagnosis of any and all possible injuries to investigate and rule in or out with careful exam.  

To make a definitive diagnosis without exam, beyond scope and to advertise this in the news media is absolutely irresponsible and unprofessional.

It honestly sounded like the reporter was quoting a guy while having drinks with him at a bar. Hardly an expert or reliable approach.   

I happen to enjoy getting adjusted by my Chiropractor, he’s a hockey guy, a former goalie. He gives me tips for my play in the over 40’s league. We talk Hockey, politics and trade talk. He knows a bit about my training and education, I know a bit about his.   

Edited by Phat Fingers
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I just listened to the interview. The last question was one of the reasons why the media in this City needs a shakeup. "doesn't this make you want to go home"? Elias response was priceless, he turned away. Who was the dumbas* that asked that one? I don't recognize the voice.

This is why I stopped following the Vancouver sports media. They’re almost all &^@#ing idiots. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, guntrix said:

Lol. It's journalism 101.

Botch. Is that you?

What posters like the one above you don't understand is that it's all about exposure and popularity.

Right. So integrity and knowledge count for what exactly? 

There's reporters who make an insanely good living from getting insulted on a daily basis. 

And they all work for Fox. 

How is anyone here helping these reporters make a living through watching a Canucks.com video?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Lucky, I get mine tomorrow hopefully.  Even though when I ordered it and it said '3 left' it was still delayed by an extra week.  Hope the size fits.

11 hours ago, ELITE said:

Finally its here :ph34r:

2658FB42-F99F-4519-862F-148538F0D005.jpeg

I feel sad! I don't know why I have not got mine? I have left several hints. I wonder if my wife would mind if I buy her one for our tenth anniversary next week? She still getting over the table saw I got her last year!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Botch. Is that you?

Right. So integrity and knowledge count for what exactly? 

And they all work for Fox. 

How is anyone here helping these reporters make a living through watching a Canucks.com video?

Its a excellent post! Vancouver Media get more exposure if they run the Canucks down. Its kind of like they're from Toronto!    Its why the Canucks should lock the media out regardless of NHL rules. Botchford can quite swearing online to boot,

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

That question was very insulting IMO. Your talking to the best player on the team, the best rookie in the league, the Canucks franchise player. And you ask that. 

I can't imagine Matt Barzal being asked a question like that. 

It's not only insulting but also racial.

Whoever asked that question is a racist. Caucasian to Caucasian racism at its finest.

It is so embarrassing and it's giving Canadians a bad name. That mofo who asked the question should be banned from Canucks.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

9 hours ago, cory40 said:

I feel sad! I don't know why I have not got mine? I have left several hints. I wonder if my wife would mind if I buy her one for our tenth anniversary next week? She still getting over the table saw I got her last year!

I actually bought one extra for my girlfriends birthday, which is today. Spread the love!

• Upvote 1

Canucks have played 9 games, and Pettersson only played 5 of those. He's still leading the team in points and tied for goals. I'm hoping he plays in ARI. Maybe the Canucks should keep Pettersson off limits to the media. They don't deserve to have any Q&A time with him if they're going to ask stupid questions. The kid is a teenager thousands of miles from home. Leave him alone. Bo, Sutter, Edler and Tanev have the "A"s, that's who they should be talking to.