The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Future 1st line?

Hortankin

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yup. Horrible trades like the Granlund and Baertschi deals, letting Hammer and Vrbata walk for nothing as opposed to the craps that were being offered for them, or giving up nothing for free agents that we can theoretically flip for more assets down the road.

Do you think the Granlund and Baertchi trades were bad? I know other trades and signing were bad that made this team bottom feeders....but the Baert and Granlund trades were his better trades even though they are small skilled players.

Just now, Pete M said:

look at my old posts and others on this board and take your pick.

Oh I forgot, you think all fans are stupid and can't observe for themselves. They need to be lead like sheep and be told like good Christians.

I was plenty pissed off over Gillis' moves and made myself clear.   I also wasn't a huge fan of Benning's early trades but I've been won over over the last year when we fully embraced the rebuild.

I have absolutely no issue being critical when I think it's called for as many others can attest to.  I like the pick because...  I like the pick.  I did want Tkachuk last year too and was pretty angry about it, but I like Juolevi as well and have changed my mind.  Maybe you'll do the same or maybe you won't.

Just now, Pete M said:

Do you think the Granlund and Baertchi trades were bad? I know other trades and signing were bad that made this team bottom feeders....but the Baert and Granlund trades were his better trades even though they are small skilled players.

I-think-you-may-need-to-recalibrate-your-sarcasm-d?size=800

14 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I just have to watch him play to know the kid can play and he plays with character. He is a beast below the hatch marks...did you not see him play for the supremacy of junior hockey. His performance was similar to the old Blazer days with Iginla, Tucker and Doan. The kid can play...I listened to the kid and he is confident and a winner...reminds me how Vincent Lecavalier and St Louis talked after winning the Stanley cup. He is a winner. 

Lacks character...get over yourself..ffs

Vilardi went to the one place I don't want players like him to go, LA, haha, he will be a beast to play against thats for sure.  Right in that LA mold.

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Sign Kane next year as UFA, in a few years, something like:

Dahlen, Petersson, Boeser

Kane, Horvat, Goldobin

Granlund, Gaudette, Virtanen

With only 3 of the 9 players you listed are regular NHLers and one of them not even being on our team, I think there is a lot of HOPE implied in your line up. Good on you if ALL of those players pan out though and we somehow steal  Kane in UFA.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I was plenty pissed off over Gillis' moves and made myself clear.   I also wasn't a huge fan of Benning's early trades but I've been won over over the last year when we fully embraced the rebuild.

I have absolutely no issue being critical when I think it's called for as many others can attest to.  I like the pick because...  I like the pick.  I did want Tkachuk last year too and was pretty angry about it, but I like Juolevi as well and have changed my mind.  Maybe you'll do the same or maybe you won't.

Yeah, don't get me wrong...I'm hoping OJ turns out better than expected, but I would have rather had Tkachuk.

Good defense wins championships and OJ has won at all levels; therefore, I'm hoping he will be better than advertised.

The Canucks are short of size and Vilardi would have been good...smart, good hockey sense, skilled and his skating is better than some think. He will be the complete package similar to the skilled big boys like Koptar, Benn ...may be not as good as Getzlaf but he will be close.

Pettersson, will be like Gradin, Koivu (but not as tough as Koivu)?

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong...I'm hoping OJ turns out better than expected, but I would have rather had Tkachuk.

Good defense wins championships and OJ has won at all levels; therefore, I'm hoping he will be better than advertised.

The Canucks are short of size and Vilardi would have been good...smart, good hockey sense, skilled and his skating is better than some think. He will be the complete package similar to the skilled big boys like Koptar, Benn ...may be not as good as Getzlaf but he will be close.

Pettersson, will be like Gradin, Koivu (but not as tough as Koivu)?

The Canucks are also short of people who can generate offense and Pettersson will help with that.  Vilardi's dad is also very involved in his career from what I've read.  We know how well that can turn out...

Just now, King Heffy said:

The Canucks are also short of people who can generate offense and Pettersson will help with that.  Vilardi's dad is also very involved in his career from what I've read.  We know how well that can turn out...

I saw what you did there with your sig.

When will Pettersson make the team?

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I saw what you did there with your sig.

When will Pettersson make the team?

She's an attractive woman, indeed.<_<

When he's ready.  Probably one season in Sweden and one in Utica.  No reason to rush him given the team's going to be bad for a couple of years regardless.

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

You didn't say that you have been in the stands watching all of the prospects.  If so, I stand corrected.

I watch them on tv and on the internet...I pay attention to the players when I hear about them. Call it my hobby...I'm a true fan of the game.

Unfortunately, I'm a Canuck fan, with my own opinion, thru good and bad. Right now, it's really bad.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I watch them on tv and on the internet...I pay attention to the players when I hear about them. Call it my hobby...I'm a true fan of the game.

Unfortunately, I'm a Canuck fan, with my own opinion, thru good and bad. Right now, it's really bad.

I've been looking over a few of your posts Pete.  It looks like you're a more reasonable person than you were coming across at first blush.  I've seen a lot from you lately flaming management.  

My real opinion?  I don't get out to junior games much so I accept that I know much less than the people making the picks.  Having said that, I wanted Glass.  Based on what I have heard, he has character and skill and good enough speed and frame enough to become a decent size once he is fully grown.  You see, we are both concerned about size.  The thing is, for a few years, big physical teams do well, then the trend switches to speed.  In 5 years, what type of team will be seeing success?  I don't know so all things equal, I would prefer the player who was at least average in size rather than smaller (or thinner) and also skates well.  

Benning has said that he is wanting speed and skill.  The knock against Villardi is his skating.  I have no idea if that is all.  If that is what the problem is, fine.  Whatever bumps Pettersson above Glass I don't know.  But Benning isn't an idiot.  He is a scout at heart.  I do trust that he has done his homework.  Unfortunately, it's going to take a couple of years before we know for sure if he has made the right choice.  

I said already that I don't like the Virtanen pick.  He still has a chance to be a player so I will keep my fingers crossed.  The rest of Bennings picks, I am fine with.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

With only 3 of the 9 players you listed are regular NHLers and one of them not even being on our team, I think there is a lot of HOPE implied in your line up. Good on you if ALL of those players pan out though and we somehow steal  Kane in UFA.

This just in:

REBUILD

I don't care how skilled Peterson is ffs. He is a one dimensional soft payer that will disappear when it matters most. Just like what the last 20 ffing years have been like.

Don't even try and tell me or anyone else that agrees with this that it is the wrong stance, it has been proven time and time again that you need  skilled character players to go anywhere in this league.

Dumb pick trying to emulate the dying Sedin brand. I was so hoping that we would finally move on from this soft BS.

Wasted opportunity to grab a talented character Canadian center ffs.

JB better pick up some size and character in the next few rounds.

Archived