The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

News sites that aren't social engineering outlets?

189lb enforcers?

On 8/3/2017 at 7:54 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

BBC news, CBC, New York Times. I find it hilarious that people say CNN is liberal, when for years people were upset it was too conservative. I think reporters need to be trained to investigate, and look past the spin doctors and PR statements. Complex issues aren't going to be summed up in a 30 second soundbite or a 6 paragraph blurb on the Metro newspaper. 

I miss the old school reporters and journalists like Webster, and Cronkite, who would dig into a story and just report facts. And not be afraid to ask tough questions. 

The fact you need to get multiple sources and stories to get a complete picture is disturbing. Reporters need to stop worrying about what axes to grind and stick with the facts.

How hilarious would you find it if CNN went off the air. Tears from the left would fall like rain while champagne would be uncorked on the right. I find it hilarious that people say Hannity is conservative (sarcasm)......lmao.

22 hours ago, taxi said:

Do you have examples of media and banks owned by the same people? 

The fact of the matter is that media is profit driven. The reason we get bad mainstream media is because they want to present it in a way that sells. For example, Fox media presents media to a right wing audience that confirms their beliefs. It has nothing to do with the banks or social engineering. People just love to hear news that confirms what they already believe. 

Most banks and media these days are owned by corporations. They serve the mass of shareholders and are concerned with profits and not political agendas. People like the Rupert Murdoch, Richard Branson, etc.. are not controlled by nor do they control the banks. For example, Branson is a strong supporter of Bitcoin. 

Can't seem to post links here..

Google.... JP Morgan (Chase bank) buys up the 25 top newspapers.

That was just the start ...they now own every newspaper and network, as well as Reuters and AP.

Everything you hear, see and read in the media is what they want you to.

Unfortunately, this is how a great deal of our population gain  their so called "knowledge"

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Lots of interesting comments. 

Thanks.

With regards to your original post, unfortunately, I don't think there's anyway to avoid what you term  "social engineering" in media. 

Personally, I know the MSM is filled with agendas and garbage. But I still watch some of it regardless, because I want to know what the media wants me to know. In the end, its up to the watcher/listener to read between the lines, and find their own information to fill in the gaps.

Also, don't be held back from reading foreign sources. For example, China is the 2nd largest economy in the world, and in terms of conventional military power (excluding nukes) I would say they have actually slightly exceeded Russia by now. Yet, most people in North America never read any translated Chinese news or commentaries. People just assume that its all nationalistic pro communist party propaganda. True to some extent, but you'll miss out on Chinese perspective on critical issues such as:

1) North Korea crisis

2) South China Sea dispute

3) Diaoyu island dispute with Japan

4) Border standoff with India

5) One Belt, One Road initiative

6) Chinese military exercise with Russia in the Baltic Sea, in Europe for first time

7) New Chinese military base in Djibouti that's located right next to a US military base

Look at point 4, most people don't know India and China are pretty close to a limited scale border war. I'd say the chances of limited war happening between the 2 happening within this year is unfortunately quite high, almost on par with a US military strike on North Korea. You'll never see this reported on CBC, until the sparks actually start flying. 

On 05/08/2017 at 9:13 AM, nickels said:

Can't seem to post links here..

Google.... JP Morgan (Chase bank) buys up the 25 top newspapers.

That was just the start ...they now own every newspaper and network, as well as Reuters and AP.

Everything you hear, see and read in the media is what they want you to.

Unfortunately, this is how a great deal of our population gain  their so called "knowledge"

People still buy newspapers?

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2017 at 7:36 PM, taxi said:

People still buy newspapers?

No, but they did in 1915 when the purchases were made, and the entire country unknowingly and blindly did and believed what the bankers hand placed "editors" told them to.

100 years later, not a thing has changed...only they now own all MSM sources.

If u want a true understanding of how much we are manipulated and lied to...do a search on how every country on the face of earth have unwittingly become under control of a Rothschild owned Central Bank.

(First gain an understanding of what a Central Bank is...you'll never be told or taught in our media or educational system)

In the summer of 2001...there were 7 countries left.

Research who they were...and you'll understand the BS 0f 911, and the current contrived propaganda about North Korea.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:33 PM, Stelar said:

Ya, I would have CNN way far to the left

First, props to 189 for starting a very good topic.   I am out of "positives" but he will get some once I get reloaded.

I agree with you on this.   I found CNN was once even leaning conservatively but something has happened over the past decade or so and I find it increasingly hard to watch without thinking "wow, you are so clearly biased".   As someone who doesn't fit a label well (I have both Liberal and Conservative views on many key topics), I find CNN far more likely to take an extreme "left" perspective on things than even the CBC in Canada which is a source (CBC) that I have always taken with a grain of salt as their hate for business/success and anything not left-center was so obvious.

I have taken to doing a "180 test" on headlines - and I cannot put  in the exact opposite into a headline and say "yes, this outlet would publish/report that" then they fail the fairness test and don't get as much of my attention as they may want.  

11 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

First, props to 189 for starting a very good topic.   I am out of "positives" but he will get some once I get reloaded.

I agree with you on this.   I found CNN was once even leaning conservatively but something has happened over the past decade or so and I find it increasingly hard to watch without thinking "wow, you are so clearly biased".   As someone who doesn't fit a label well (I have both Liberal and Conservative views on many key topics), I find CNN far more likely to take an extreme "left" perspective on things than even the CBC in Canada which is a source (CBC) that I have always taken with a grain of salt as their hate for business/success and anything not left-center was so obvious.

I have taken to doing a "180 test" on headlines - and I cannot put  in the exact opposite into a headline and say "yes, this outlet would publish/report that" then they fail the fairness test and don't get as much of my attention as they may want.  

I look at CNN as far left, FOX as far right. Take it with a grain.

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

False paradigm...just different degrees of the same agenda.

Just like Americans think there is a difference in political parties...they're exactly the same, but give people the illusion that their vote has some say in the countries direction.

Paul Warburg..

"Give me control of a nations currency and care not who makes her laws"

Who do u think wrote Obama care, the NDAA, the Patriot Act and every other piece of important legistation of the past century ??

Politicians ??  Please...Obama and his constituents didnt read or write a single paragraph of Obamacare.

4 minutes ago, nickels said:

False paradigm...just different degrees of the same agenda.

Just like Americans think there is a difference in political parties...they're exactly the same, but give people the illusion that their vote has some say in the countries direction.

Paul Warburg..

"Give me control of a nations currency and care not who makes her laws"

Who do u think wrote Obama care, the NDAA, the Patriot Act and every other piece of important legistation of the past century ??

Politicians ??  Please...Obama and his constituents didnt read or write a single paragraph of Obamacare.

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, nickels said:

Wow...and people wonder why Western countries are in such decline.

I feel sorry for our grandkids...

Image result for image of lazy american sheeple tv

Keep watching/believing the news...it's way easier than doing some actual research...

Ironically you seem to want me to believe you.

I find many news outlets are good for "what happened"

but only a few are good at "why it happened".

fewer still will have good thoughts on "how to prevent it happening, again, in the future"

28 minutes ago, nickels said:

Wow...and people wonder why Western countries are in such decline.

I feel sorry for our grandkids...

Image result for image of lazy american sheeple tv

Keep watching/believing the news...it's way easier than doing some actual research...

Funnily enough, actually using the term "sheeple" in a non ironic way is one of the quickest ways to guarantee I won't take you seriously. Go figure!

3 hours ago, Stelar said:

Both are only motivated by business. Fox produces right wing content, because its viewers lap it up. CNN does the same for the left. Unfortunately, politics is in such a place that no one wants actual new or debate. People just want to hear whatever confirms their own world views. 

Archived