The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2017-18 (One GM position open!)

canuck2xtreme

5 minutes ago, Ty Webb said:

image.png.6f857383f777aad8f21aba291d4aa53a.png

image.png.6a9e29e97a768fd66f3975215f93ccd5.png Arizona   232  vs.  image.png.413d453178952a5967c267c3453cdba1.png Vancouver  49

image.png.362c7bbdd5442c52cb8262fd106b72aa.pngWinnipeg  126  vs.   image.png.e87f649f12cb8a4085298b2db6833c08.pngNashville  65 

image.png.d2465c57c3cd81ae0e76f54ef806fe5c.png

image.png.94829e686c0fa86c76e9adde864ebf8d.pngNew Jersey   354  vs.  image.png.957cb23e8e20e764a19d9ac6cf806157.png Pittsburgh  286

image.png.1054eab4e639d958f66f2b9d60373819.pngFlorida  234  vs  image.png.350520c8292c435749da57d956e21e24.png Columbus  293

I would congratulate @Squeak for a closely-contested series, but I had the zamboni driver and the concession stand guy up against his goliath outfit :lol:

Go Yotes!

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Would anyone find it helpful to have a capgeek/cap friendly style page on their team chart displaying years, salary etc?

Kicked around the idea and I can do it if there's demand, but not going to waste the effort if nobody wants it.

100 % down for this. 

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Would anyone find it helpful to have a capgeek/cap friendly style page on their team chart displaying years, salary etc?

Kicked around the idea and I can do it if there's demand, but not going to waste the effort if nobody wants it.

Absolutely! 

I tried to not have an opinion of this year over year spreadsheet idea but you know me...an opinion on everything and not enough keyboard in the 'verse to type it all out. haha. No wall of text on this topic though, simply: yeah that would be great, I do one that way already for my team but an official one would be incredibly helpful. : ) 

If help is needed on the typing/copying and pasting et cetera tap me. if not, thank you for offering to do all that work!!

8 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

What he said:

8 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

100% from me. I try to keep my own but having a league-wide one would be a huge step up.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpDaubGz7yxru5qw7HINU

On 5/11/2018 at 3:48 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

Initial test version of this is now shown on the third tab on the Winnipeg Jets team chart. Let me know what you guys think, anything missing etc.

7 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Initial test version of this is now shown on the third tab on the Winnipeg Jets team chart. Let me know what you guys think, anything missing etc.

Looks good on my mobile. Got two questions:

1. Because I’m on my mobile, is there an extra field that could be added between players name and position that indicates whether they have a NTC/NMC/LNTC?

2. ELC Slide Field at the bottom. Because we have the option to slide players (if we add it to our budget), having a field at the bottom to place those players would be helpful as well.

Just now, Monty said:

Looks good on my mobile. Got two questions:

1. Because I’m on my mobile, is there an extra field could be added between players name and position that indicates whether they have a NTC/NMC/LNTC?

2. ELC Slide Field at the bottom. Because we have the option to slide players (if we add it to our budget), having a field at the bottom to place those players would be helpful as well.

There isn't a section for clauses yet, though I did consider it.  For the moment I want to get the functionality and look of the page right before I go adding too much detail but it's likely I'll work this onto the page as I go.

As far as ELC slide, it's used quite sparingly throughout the league and I've been trying to adapt the first page pop up tabs to accommodate that information, though admittedly I'm not happy with the results thus far.  I'd like to add this to the page as well but I think the ELC slide rules would have to either be utilized more or the rule adjusted to make it a bit more accessible (ie: if a player is slide eligible when he signs, he remains slide eligible even if traded to a team that has not budgeted for it).  Just thinking out loud, but it's a thought. Would have to discuss with the exec re: rule changes for next season.  I want to make the game fun and in depth but try to eliminate the confusion around certain rules and any redundancies that complicate things especially for new members.

4 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

There isn't a section for clauses yet, though I did consider it.  For the moment I want to get the functionality and look of the page right before I go adding too much detail but it's likely I'll work this onto the page as I go.

As far as ELC slide, it's used quite sparingly throughout the league and I've been trying to adapt the first page pop up tabs to accommodate that information, though admittedly I'm not happy with the results thus far.  I'd like to add this to the page as well but I think the ELC slide rules would have to either be utilized more or the rule adjusted to make it a bit more accessible (ie: if a player is slide eligible when he signs, he remains slide eligible even if traded to a team that has not budgeted for it).  Just thinking out loud, but it's a thought. Would have to discuss with the exec re: rule changes for next season.  I want to make the game fun and in depth but try to eliminate the confusion around certain rules and any redundancies that complicate things especially for new members.

Sounds good. I noticed the slides because I actually fully intend to use mine next year. :lol: 

I've added a TERMS section in the second column, where it will display NTC/NMC status but without popups there's no way to add the specific terms.  I think having that there as a guide is enough in that sense, and the specific terms can remain on their information pop up on the main roster chart.  Also, this column will be utilized for players who are ELC eligible, but that's not apparent as I currently have no players that are slide eligible (I already adjusted those earlier and I only have budgeted for one year). 

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Sounds good. I noticed the slides because I actually fully intend to use mine next year. :lol: 

I feel they're under-utilized.  But I always make sure to have budgeted for at least one year.  It's a big help IMO and worth the investment.

3 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I feel they're under-utilized.  But I always make sure to have budgeted for at least one year.  It's a big help IMO and worth the investment.

I didn’t use it last season because I didn’t have my prospects signed (and new with Vegas with zero prospects made it useless to budget for it).

However, I fully intend to use it on 2 guys, maybe another.

while i may not use the ELC slide every year, I am super happy it exists: this is an area to possibly spend some front office money in to if your team can use it to their advantage but it is also an advantageous spot NOT to have to spend in when other priorities exist. SO yes its under utilized but when you consider the OPTION being used or not used to leverage money elsewhere: then its really utilized a lot, by folks making the decision to focus there or not. See what I mean? that 'coin' is flipped by all 31 of us,,,,even if it doesn't show heads all 31 times...so imo i "used" the option just as much as someone who has ELC slides....only my use was to opt out and invest elsewhere. 

1st Overall:  Edmonton OIlers

2nd - New York Islanders

3rd - St Louis Blues

4th - New York Rangers

5th - Colorado Avalanche

6th - Toronto Maple Leafs

7th - San Jose Sharks

8th - Dallas Stars

9th - Las Vegas Golden Knights

10th - Carolina Hurricanes

11th - Montreal Canadiens

12th - Nashville Predators

13th - Buffalo Sabres

14th - New York Islanders

15th - Colorado Avalanche

Vegas currently has 2 picks in the first round. The 9th overall, and whatever Pittsburgh’s pick is. Looking to move up with both picks for two higher firsts. Have two second round picks, three 3rds, and one 4th round to package to move up with both firsts.

If interested, reach out!

2 hours ago, Monty said:

1st Overall:  Edmonton OIlers

2nd - New York Islanders

3rd - St Louis Blues

4th - New York Rangers

5th - Colorado Avalanche

6th - Toronto Maple Leafs

7th - San Jose Sharks

8th - Dallas Stars

9th - Las Vegas Golden Knights

10th - Carolina Hurricanes

11th - Montreal Canadiens

12th - Nashville Predators

13th - Buffalo Sabres

14th - New York Islanders

15th - Colorado Avalanche

Vegas currently has 2 picks in the first round. The 9th overall, and whatever Pittsburgh’s pick is. Looking to move up with both picks for two higher firsts. Have two second round picks, three 3rds, and one 4th round to package to move up with both firsts.

If interested, reach out!

Tempting...but I probably don't need more picks :lol:

I could probably consider similar though and use some of my later picks and say my ANA pick to move up if anyone is interested. 

Archived