The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

3 hours ago, Monty said:

Interview 3 was done on Tuesday and, from what I’ve been led to believe, interview 4 should happen in the next week or two. Head office is in Ontario, so person I’m meeting with has to fly out to specifically meet with me. 

After that, should I pass, then it’s flying out to Ontario to meet everyone and sign all the papers. Could be 3 weeks, could be 6 weeks. Might not happen at all. 

Question: Are any of your contract negotiations part of your portfolio?

7 hours ago, Monty said:

Interview 3 was done on Tuesday and, from what I’ve been led to believe, interview 4 should happen in the next week or two. Head office is in Ontario, so person I’m meeting with has to fly out to specifically meet with me. 

After that, should I pass, then it’s flying out to Ontario to meet everyone and sign all the papers. Could be 3 weeks, could be 6 weeks. Might not happen at all. 

You must have the best radio announcers voice to get that semi muffled "would you like fries with that" to boom out the speaker box just so....why else would they have four interviews and flying to and from Toronto a mess of times....geez louise. 

EDIT: WOW did i just stumble upon the best hockey play by play catch phrase of all time...every time the home team scores top shelf with a bottle knocker.... "WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT .......Burger and a Drink!"

...probably not but should i find myself in the situation....

happy September 1st!

Today is the first day teams may designate their 3 players for the ELC slides for this upcoming season, as well as starting negotiations with one pending UFA and RFA! Please include both @Monty and myself in all negotiations now.

We’re getting closer to the start again!

2 hours ago, Nail said:

happy September 1st!

Today is the first day teams may designate their 3 players for the ELC slides for this upcoming season, as well as starting negotiations with one pending UFA and RFA! Please include both @Monty and myself in all negotiations now.

We’re getting closer to the start again!

Great time of year. All the best sports start up Sept/Oct. 

3 hours ago, Monty said:

The Los Angeles King have extended defenseman Drew Doughty to an 8 year contract extension, worth $88M. ($11M AAV). Deal comes with a full NMC throughout.

Happy to get this done. Although pretty rich (right now the highest paid D-man in the league...more than Seabrook!), true franchise defensemen that produce like him year in, year out are extremely hard to find. Also, I like the way the RL Kings team is trending, and think Doughty will continue to be a playoff player in the years to come.

And when it comes down to it, Doughty just belongs in LA, y'know?

Arizona ELC Slides:

1. Logan Stanley

2. Linus Lindstrom

3. James Greenway

Arizona will also be looking for an NHL body ahead of the season this fall, but we expect the waiver wire to be where we do our fishing. Moving futures isn't a priority at this time.

Archived