The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

15 minutes ago, Nail said:

October 1 is the last possible day.

Thanks. Gonna be on vacation, wanted to make sure I can leave it until I get back.

I'm going to be in New York for a week of it, so I bought tickets to the preseason Rangers/Flyers game on the 19th (never been to MSG). Maybe I'll get to scout Vorobyov and Pedrie in person!

ANOTHER (and probably last for a while) UPDATE TO THE SPREADSHEETS:

Introducing the Overview Tab:

fd900883e36a67423898c61874a6130d.png

*Disclaimer: Some of the cells on this sheet involve some lengthy formulas from each team's individual cap sheet. If the formulas get changed, or something changes within the team sheets (and it happens), this sheet could get real ugly. I'll do my best to try and stay on top of this tab, however if it does need an update feel free to let me know!*

Overview Tab features from left to right:

Clickable GM names will bring you to that teams cap sheet.

Salary Cap and Cap Room will turn red if your team is over the cap.

Active Roster will turn red if your team is over the 23 man roster, and will turn green if your roster has exactly 23 men.

Average Age of NHL roster will allow you to see how old your team is in comparison to other teams.

Contracts will turn red if you exceed the 50 contract limit, also a good way to see how many contract spots you have available.

This tab can be found at the beginning of the spreadsheet, it'll be the first tab you see when you load the sheet!

ENJOY!

The Coyotes terminate the contracts of D Cody Franson, who has signed in the KHL with Avangard Omsk, D Morgan Ellis, who has signed with Kölner Haien (Cologne Sharks) of the DEL, and F Marek Hrivik who has signed with Vityaz Podolsk of the KHL. 

We should probably sign some players... :lol:

Job Interview Update

Had my 4th interview today, as one of the senior members of the organization flew in from Ontario. This one lasted 3 hours :wacko:

That said, went really well. Next one will be via Skype sometime next week. Followed by one, likely in October, where I fly in for the day.

Tired.

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

Job Interview Update

Had my 4th interview today, as one of the senior members of the organization flew in from Ontario. This one lasted 3 hours :wacko:

That said, went really well. Next one will be via Skype sometime next week. Followed by one, likely in October, where I fly in for the day.

Tired.

Sounds like doing interviews is the job.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Job Interview Update

Tired.

what job is this?? we hire senior managers with less scrutiny than this...

9 hours ago, Monty said:

Job Interview Update

Tired.

Ashton Kutcher isn't the interviewer by any chance? Seems like if you were being paid for the interviews alone you would make out quite handsomely. lol in all seriousness though, you must be in a 2 or 3 person short list. Good work there buddy! I can know all the things in the world but I don't interview well....the last job i had the guy hired me after a 20 minute interview where his last question was "where do you see yourself in 5 years time?" and my response with raised eyebrows was literally "Heh, if i am still here, please, by all means shoot me". He laughed and asked if I thought I could do his job and could I start the next Saturday. 

He asked me if  I wanted his job about 5 times over the following two years..and eventually we had a falling out over how ridiculously he does his job. 

8 hours ago, inane said:

what job is this?? we hire senior managers with less scrutiny than this...

I can only guess but when I was in the waiting period for the highest security clearance in the country (*only about 400 Canadians at any one time have this level of clearance and there is nothing higher) it took well over 18 months and CSIS interviewed family, friends, old neighbours that I didn't remember but somehow they remembered me enough to give an interview...all the stuff you can imagine going back to my teenager years and earlier. This process sounds just a shade below that, lol. 

They interviewed my teenage sweethearts guide/pathfinders leader who happened to be my drivers licence testing agent when i first got my licence at 16 .... that is how in depth it was. 

10 hours ago, Monty said:

Job Interview Update

Tired.

Looking forward to your 20th interview

Nothing close to what you’ve done @Primal Optimist.

Can’t disclose the job at this point. Although, should I get the job, I’d have no issue telling people privately on here, if they’re interested in knowing.

What I can say is that it’s a higher level position in a non-profit organization. In this case, they have no questions about my ability to learn and do the job. They are far more concerned with my character and passion for the industry.

It has been a long summer....who is the agent to talk to about a list from a player with an LNTC? I am going to have to get cap compliant soon and this is the route I am thinking of going is moving a guy who has to tell me a list of teams he would accept a trade to. I want to say Monty, but i am drawing a blank.

12 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

It has been a long summer....who is the agent to talk to about a list from a player with an LNTC? I am going to have to get cap compliant soon and this is the route I am thinking of going is moving a guy who has to tell me a list of teams he would accept a trade to. I want to say Monty, but i am drawing a blank.

Me

STMBenefits_Header.jpg.5c070fdf16100fa658e70824beef05bb.jpg

2018 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp Roster

Training Camp Roster  
  Left Wing - 11   Center - 9   Right Wing - 10  
  Nino Niederreiter   Steven Stamkos   T.J. Oshie  
  Micheal Ferland   Elias Lindholm   Mats Zuccarello  
  Marcus Foligno   Boone Jenner   Jason Spezza  
  Remi Elie   Ryan Carpenter   Nikita Scherbak  
  Brian Gibbons   Austin Czarnik   Trevor Lewis  
  Curtis McKenzie   Antti Suomela   Matt Luff  
  Michael Mersch   Cameron Hebig   Jack Rodewald