The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

Vancouver Province:

One prominent name is missing from this morning's skate. Nik Kronwall, the subject of much speculation recently in Vancouver's camp was seen arriving today at the clubs barn, but has yet to emerge from the dressing room. Speculation is that a deal has finally been struck to move the veteran star blueliner to one of the known clubs he would accept a trade to. This leaves the question of where, and who or what did GM Primal Optimist get back in return? Amateur capologists and casual fans alike could see the glaring million dollars over the cap that the club needed to try to trim by the end of the week. This apparent trade of Nik Kronwall is most likely 100% related to that situation. More after we gain some clarity from the league executive on the possible trade. 

Image result for nick kronwall

800px-VegasGoldenKnightsWordmark.png&key

The Vegas Golden Knights have made the following roster moves this evening:

Rasmus Asplund, Matthew Highmore, Erik Foley, Kyle Capobianco, Mason Geertsen and Hunter Miska have been assigned to the AHL.

Martin Kaut, Liam Foudy, Axel Jonsson Fjallby and Semyon Der-Argunchintsev have remained unsigned and have been released from camp to their respective teams.

The following players still remain in training camp:

Forwards (15) -

Spoiler

Alexander Steen

Alex Kerfoot

Brandon Dubinsky

Brendan Gallagher

Brock McGinn

Casey Mittelstadt

Dylan Gambrell

Dylan Sikura

Jan Kovar

Jason Dickinson

Loui Eriksson

Michael Lindqvist

Valeri Nichushkin

Ville Meskanen

William Karlsson

Defenseman (8) -

Spoiler

Dan Dekeyser

Fredrik Claesson

Jake McCabe

Jon Merrill

Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Rasmus Dahlin

TJ Brodie

Victor Mete

Goaltenders (2) - 

Spoiler

Anton Forsberg

Scott Darling

Getting very close to our final 23 man roster! Will have to see how things play out in the next couple days to decide whether we'll be active in the waiver wire/free agent market right before the season begins.

12 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade...

To LAK: Niklas Kronwall

To VAN: Brian Boyle (800k retained 2018-19), Kenny Agostino

Thanks to @Primal Optimist for the smooth negotiations.

This was mostly about clearing cap and a roster spot for next season. We have a lot of young forwards pushing for spots at camp, so we wanted to move at least one of the vets in front of them. Boyle had been a loyal soldier for us for years, but was getting pushed down the line-up. Agostino too should get some call-ups, but had so many players ahead of him - he will have a better chance to get some games now.

In the meantime, Kronwall strengthens our blueline for another playoff run. He had a solid year last year, and I expect he'll get moved to a better team IRL at the trade deadline.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I was at the game last night and he was the best player for both teams.

Think he makes the opening night roster at the very least.

well this would be  a sweet surprise. if vilardi and timins wouldnt be injured , i ´d have probably 2 more prospects pushing for a spot.  all 2017 draftees .

Graovac , Waked , Knott , Kaspick , Ehliz  , Poganski , Perron and even Michael McLeod were released from the Training Camp.

I guess we´ll see McLeod recalled later in the Season.

Manuel Wiederer was assigned and then recalled 2 Days later ..so he´s still in the Camp.

Kameron Kielly plays one more year in a College League.

So Manuel Wiederer , Vinni Lettieri , Givani Smith and (still) unsigned Prospect Max Comtois compete for the last Forward Spots. 

Erik Cernak is the only remaining Defence Prospect on the Training Camp. All other Defenders has been assigned. 

Kelly Summers in on a PTO with Belleville of the AHL.

Goalies Sammy Montembeault , Tyler Parsons and Spencer Martin has been also assigned to the AHL. 

@Nail   

Defender Erik Cernak on the active Roster please. 

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade...

To LAK: Niklas Kronwall

To VAN: Brian Boyle (800k retained 2018-19), Kenny Agostino

@Nail

Many thanks to the executive committee for great and fast communications at every level of this trade, thank you all. Thanks to D-Money and the Kings for again, great communication and smooth talks. 

Nik Kronwall. A Legend on the Blueline. Vancouver will miss him in the room, on the ice and on the score sheet. Cap crunches being what they are, something had to give and this Future Hoffer, a stellar player in every regard, even at 37 years of age, was just starting to show signs of being out hustled in camp. This is a natural part of a players process and we know he has some years left to his incredible career. We will absolutely miss Nik in every regard, but with our newfound cap room we have options to move up some budding young talent from the Comets. 

We get younger, cheaper, and most importantly cap compliant. while LA gets a superstar for at least a year, probably 3 should he re-sign with them.

Welcome to the Vancouver system and camp, to both Brian Boyle and Kenny Agostino. Brian brings us some options up front at an inexpensive aav and Kenny adds greatly to our depth and ability to call up for injuries mid season. These guys are great additions to our stable and we hope to have their services for years to come. I am a personal fan of Boyles game and within his role, he is a very talented player himself, one I can't wait to see in our sweater this season. 

Thanks to all one last time, and while some camp battles are still playing out, I will post a depth chart tomorrow with our current situation on it. 

Cheers, 

P.O.

51E9924C-DDC3-40BF-B819-61484EDA00DA.jpeg

The Edmonton Oilers have signed the following players:

Christian Folin: $1.5M x 2

Taylor Leier: $975k x 2

Brayden Burke: $750k x 3

They have also signed Jordan Oesterle to a 2 year contract, worth $2.5M ($1.25M AAV). @winterhawkshas 48 hours (1:34PM PST) to match offer or receive no compensation.

@theminister

@winterhawks

@Nail

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎26 at 3:22 PM, Nail said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

We are now 1 week away from the start of the season and teams may now begin to post their opening night lineups which shall be inputted into Pickup.

Kings place Patrick Eaves on I/R, as he is very unlikely to be available for the opener: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/1666/patrick-eaves.

Call up Mikhail Vorobyev to take his place. (And I checked - he's going by Vorobyev, not Vorobyov...at least, that's what is on his jersey!). @Nail

LA Kings - Opening Night Line-up

(*subject to change)

Zach Hyman - Tyler Seguin - Alex Radulov

Alex Killorn - Mikael Backlund - Craig Smith

Alex Debrincat - Vladimir Sobotka - Connor Brown

Andrew Copp - Mikhail Vorobyev - Ryan Reaves

Jordan Martinook

Dmitry Orlov - Drew Doughty

Colin Miller - Niklas Kronwall

Esa Lindell - Dan Girardi

Travis Dermott, Braydon Coburn

Devan Dubnyk

Joonas Korpisalo

Carolina Hurricanes

This has been the best training camp for the Hurricanes since I took over. While I certainly have a 23 man roster already, the only current roster player, Rasmus Andersson, is the only one that may not have a spot locked down.

However, all the below players appear to be on the cusp of securing an opening night roster spot IRL:

Jesperi Kotkaniemi 

Alexander Volkov

Carsen Twarynski 

Igor Ozhiganov 

Oscar Fantenberg

Libor Sulak

Collin Delia

Anthony Stolarz

In a good spot.

Waivers: the Vancouver Canucks waive LW Alexander Polunin

This decent blueliner has yet to come to North America, but may well be worth having for depth on any club. Again I need to free up a slot for future use and we have 50 players now, Alex is worth having on a deep club with room to spare and neither player on waivers would impact any cap while in the minors for the duration of their contracts. He already has 3 points in 11 KHL games. 

Archived