The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

Accepting offers on Morgan Rielly. Don't need to trade him, so not in a panic. 336 FP last year + 2 more years at 4.750 so very cap friendly. He is also still an RFA when the contract expires. Looking for a deal similar to the Forsberg trade. PM if interested or message me on Discord. 

2 minutes ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To WSH - Morgan Rielly (50% retained by Pittsburgh for 2018-19 season)

To PIT - Ilya Sorokin, Dillon Dube, Brandon Manning, WSH 2020 2nd Round Pick

@Master Mind

I gotta get in on this. Ryan McDonagh could be had. I have his list of teams he will not go to. 

Matt Dumba was in talks a few weeks ago, but didn’t go ahead with that deal. Less motivated to trade him, but if someone is looking for a 40-50 point defenseman, looking to swap for another defenseman in a different division/conference IRL.

2 hours ago, Nail said:

@Master Mind

On a more serious note, the Pittsburgh Penguins would like to thank @Squeak for the pleasant negotiations. We wish Morgan all the best in Washington.

We are extremely excited to add a solid goaltender in Ilya Sorokin, a promising young forward in Dillon Dube, and a solid defenseman in Brandon Manning. The 2nd rounder is just gravy. 

2 hours ago, Nail said:

@Master Mind

Washington is planning on being extremely aggressive this year with hopes of challenging for the CDCFL title.

Although Sorokin is a tough piece to move, you have to pay the price to add impact players. We also feel that our depth in our forward prospects will replace the loss of Dube.

Excited to add someone of Rielly's calibre to the backend - we now have Jones, Rielly and Faulk to anchor our blueline for the future. But we won't be done there.

16 hours ago, Monty said:

Perhaps parting ways with a player that won’t sniff the playoffs for the next 10 years may boost those playoffs chances. ;) 

Same could be said for Winnipeg 2 & 4 years ago. Being honest about it. But keeping their young guys was nota bad plan if you had them.

I'm going to wait out whether I do or don't have a guy close to franchise level guy before I trade EP40? Again, being honest, I was the 16th place playoff team last year. I will get closer to being competitive by letting him elevate the team.

But I have a fair bit of depth. Will use that if I have a chance...    

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Same could be said for Winnipeg 2 & 4 years ago. Being honest about it. But keeping their young guys was nota bad plan if you had them.

I'm going to wait out whether I do or don't have a guy close to franchise level guy before I trade EP40? Again, being honest, I was the 16th place playoff team last year. I will get closer to being competitive by letting him elevate the team.

But I have a fair bit of depth. Will use that if I have a chance...    

Just giving you a hard time.

The Pacific is such a question mark going forward, who really knows with the Canucks. But a lot (see: everything) hinges on their defense and goaltending improving a whole lot.

5 minutes ago, Nail said:

To WSH - Colton Sceviour

To STL - WSH 2020 3rd Round Pick

@Master Mind

Another move to continue St. Louis' rebuild.

Updated lines: Always open to making some more moves!

Chris Kreider - John Tavares - Marian Gaborik

Evgeny Dadonov - David Krejci - Martin Frk

Jordan Greenway - Mikko Koivu - Noel Acciari

Zach Sanford - Marcus Kruger - Denis Malgin

Dion Phaneuf - Michael Del Zotto

Miro Heiskanen - Deryk Engelland

Markus Nutivaara - Gabriel Carlsson

Robin Lehner

Anders Nilsson

18 minutes ago, Monty said:

The Pacific is such a question mark going forward, who really knows with the Canucks. But a lot (see: everything) hinges on their defense and goaltending improving a whole lot.

That's fair.

The Jets D had Trouba, Bogosian / Myers, Byfuglien, Morrison in the womb.  A bit more advanced in particular on D.  No sense of goaltending, but Schefele in place then.

For us, Demko & Hughes look serious enough. A lot rests on whether Juolevi becomes a real player. And some other good D need to surface.

Archived