The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Red Wings sign David Booth

His 'hunt' for an NHL contract is over:

The Detroit Red Wings signed winger David Booth to a one-year contract Monday, the club announced.

According to Craig Custance of The Athletic, Booth's deal is a two-way agreement worth $700,000 (NHL) and $250,000 (AHL). Custance also pointed out that Booth will serve as insurance if current restricted free agent Andreas Athanasiou isn't re-signed in the next couple of days.

The veteran forward hasn't suited up in an NHL game since 2015 when he was a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs. He registered seven goals and six assists across 59 regular-season games that campaign.

Booth was invited to Red Wings camp on a professional tryout, which was the third PTO of his career.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1388869

One of the most genuinely likable guys off the ice to ever play for us. Good luck David! 

How could you not love the guy? Million dollar smile and provides great comedy 

This goal was one of the highlights for me while he was here.

9288616.jpg?size=640x420

42 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Kinda odd that they are willing to spend money on a PTO guy, when they still have yet to sign a young RFA in Andreas Athanasiou.

The best to Booth though!  One of my favourite guys

I've been asking my Redwings inside connection about this, he is surprised they've let it go this far, apparently Athanasiou has gotten some bad advice from his agent.  If they are in cap trouble as reported, perhaps Booth is a replacement for a more expensive contract player that will be traded or waived. 

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

You don't watch Canucks games much I take it?  Booth has been in Russia for the last 2 years.

Yeah, that's a Canucks farm team isn't it? Russia. All of it.

regards,  G.

Just now, Gollumpus said:

Yeah, that's a Canucks farm team isn't it? Russia. All of it.

regards,  G.

Or it's a place that the Russians that play in Vancouver run to crying when/if they don't get their way.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Or it's a place that the Russians that play in Vancouver run to crying when/if they don't get their way.

Well, they get scared coming over to North America. Russia is so small a place compared to here, and there's so many people here compared to there. 

regards,  G.

Archived