The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rebuild Kicked Off With Acquiring Bo, & Was Completed at 2019 Draft!

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

On 01/02/2018 at 10:01 AM, FireGillis said:

Man, this current run of mediocrity just shows how hard tanking is.  Even our run of losing like 11 out of 15 didn't create enough tank separation from the pack to be safe.  These last few wins have bunched us up with 5 teams now and we're even further from 3rd last than before thanks to ottawa never winning. 4th last looks like the only realistic goal left, while the worst case would be finishing 8th last.  We need to get this tank train back on track, but it's going to be hard now with horvat back!

I'm Uber depressed.  Damn this team.  

On 2/1/2018 at 10:01 AM, FireGillis said:

Man, this current run of mediocrity just shows how hard tanking is.  Even our run of losing like 11 out of 15 didn't create enough tank separation from the pack to be safe.  These last few wins have bunched us up with 5 teams now and we're even further from 3rd last than before thanks to ottawa never winning. 4th last looks like the only realistic goal left, while the worst case would be finishing 8th last.  We need to get this tank train back on track, but it's going to be hard now with horvat back!

you do realize the kind of players that could/will be available at 4 and 8?

Boqvist, Bouchard = exactly the kinds of RHD this team could ideally add.  Nothing to fret about.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm Uber depressed.  Damn this team.  

Hey, you missed the horrible 80’s teams and the the ups and downs since. This isn’t all bad because you know it’s building. Never forget that these are some of the most exciting times before it’s a contender, deep in the playoffs. Welcome to What it’s like to be a Canucks Fan. Many have only ever seem winning teams here. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Hey, you missed the horrible 80’s teams and the the ups and downs since. This isn’t all bad because you know it’s building. Never forget that these are some of the most exciting times before it’s a contender, deep in the playoffs. Welcome to What it’s like to be a Canucks Fan. Many have only ever seem winning teams here. 

Yeah. I started watching hockey at age 2.  back in 1990. lol.  I missed the 80's.  Hockey has changed so much.  It really frustrates me when they compare other players to players of today.  These guys now a days have a much more difficult time playing.  even just the skill of goaltenders is amazing now.  There are probably teenage goaltenders today who could out goal some of best of the 80's.  You can't say that tho cuz its taboo.  I feel for your pain tho I do.  I kind of stopped watching during the Canucks peak prior to 2011. I kind of stopped watching regularly from 08 until about 2010.  I really missed some of the peak years.  Just hit adulthood at that time had life going on.  Before that and since then though I've pretty much seen or listened to every canucks game.  I remember the only time I missed Canucks game was when they were PPV.  I ordered a PPV game once and it was a snorefest.  Thankfully after that I think they phased it out lol.

Just now, Isam said:

Oh man, prepare for disapointment.

I expect nothing anymore when it comes to the draft lottery.  I just want us to be good again. Dahlin on our roster with the likes of Pettersson, Lind, Gadjovich (if skating improves), Demko, Gaudette, Dahlen.  man.. If Gadjovich can improve his skating like 70% how Horvat did that kid could make this team next year.  Lind and Gadjovich will both be in Utica next season if not in the NHL>

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Oh man the Canucks lose and the only 3 teams behind them in the standings all win today! That sparked the rebuild to 93%! What a day!

I hope we finish 2nd or 3rd from the bottom so we can win.  Only Toronto is gifted the top pick @ #1.

10 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

well said.  I think that this dark period will help some of the newer fans (post year 2000) appreciate a winning team more when they start to go on an upswing again.  I dont like to stereotype but going to some of the games and listening to some of the reactions during the past decade i think some of the fan base started to feel self entitled a bit...

I guarantee when they do make the playoffs again that stadium will be rocking...

Edited by Darius71

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I hope we finish 2nd or 3rd from the bottom so we can win.  Only Toronto is gifted the top pick @ #1.

Even if we don't get number one, there are still potential game changers in the 2019 and 2020 drafts. Grabbing hughes and lafreniere will be just as big as if grabbing dahlin.

20 minutes ago, Isam said:

Even if we don't get number one, there are still potential game changers in the 2019 and 2020 drafts. Grabbing hughes and lafreniere will be just as big as if grabbing dahlin.

Who dat?  Looks like an awesome name lol.  As long as we are competing for a playoff spot I am happy.  I would like to see us sneak in again.  It's way more fun playing in the post season.  We have one of the best scouting minds in hockey. We do not need the top pick all the time.  Tanking essentially gives you a better chance at getting a top rated prospect.  The later rounds u can trade up relatively cheap if you like a player.  I'd rather see us make the post season and get bounced in the first round. Jim can combo some picks and still get the quality guys he wants.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Who dat?  Looks like an awesome name lol.  As long as we are competing for a playoff spot I am happy.  I would like to see us sneak in again.  It's way more fun playing in the post season.  We have one of the best scouting minds in hockey. We do not need the top pick all the time.  Tanking essentially gives you a better chance at getting a top rated prospect.  The later rounds u can trade up relatively cheap if you like a player.  I'd rather see us make the post season and get bounced in the first round. Jim can combo some picks and still get the quality guys he wants.

Lafreniere is a sixteen year old who plays for rimouski and has put up 58 points in 45 games. He has been compared as a cross between crosby and lecavailer.