The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Daredevil - season 3

@tbone909 @Monty @D-Money did we watch the same show? As someone who loved season 1, thought season 2 was decent, the 3rd was just painful to watch.

So many plot holes and inconsistencies you can pick off as they happen. Foggy was lame, but I thought Matt, and every FBI agent, was far worse.

Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Fisk needed to die. Matt letting him live just shows he learned nothing. Trusting Fisk's word? That worked well last time...

Matt convinces Dex into wanting Fisk dead, just so he can prevent it? It was the perfect setup, so Matt didn't have to kill, instead he'd risk his life to protect Fisk, meanwhile he doesn't stop Dex from killing the other agents in the main hall. That's consistent.

Ray didn't need to die. If he was going to give up, he should have at least attempted to kill Fisk. He knew where Fisk was after all.

A whole episode dedicated to Dex's childhood was long and boring. He's only been in the show for 4 episodes at this point, not deserving of a full episode like Karen got. Spread out his character development.

There were plenty of other smaller problems, like Matt leaving the guy who shanked Fisk alone with Karen, but it all could've ended in a semi-satisfying way if Fisk died. Instead he'll be back in season 4 and Matt will act surprised that he didn't keep his word.

Complete disappointment. Netflix has ruined yet another show that began with such promise.

There were a lot of things about the 2nd half of season 3 that I didn't like. But the first half was very well done. Especially the prison episode (S3 E4), which was IMO one of the best single episodes of an action series I have ever seen. Overall, I found the positives outweighed the negatives. 

For me, the worst part of season 3 is Vanessa. She's such a focal point of the story (far too much at that), but the actress who plays her makes her seem wooden and lifeless. Especially in the last episode, when she's just standing there for the entire climax, watching... I didn't recall her being so void in season 1.

Edited by D-Money

Psycho Kitty - 9.  I'm learning great tips about cats. And that most cats train their owners, and how to stop that.  Like, don't respond when kitty wakes you up at 4am for cat food.  And cats who hate their pet carrier, leave the pet carrier with the door off in the living room and reward your cat with kitty treats if she/he goes in the carrier, becomes more comfortable with it, and other great tips. 

Edited by brilac

Narcos México— definitely worth adding to your watch list if you liked the first Narcos. Found myself googling a few of the main characters throughout.

Original Narcos, I actually stopped watching after Pablo was gone. 

9 hours ago, HI5 said:

Narcos México— definitely worth adding to your watch list if you liked the first Narcos. Found myself googling a few of the main characters throughout.

Original Narcos, I actually stopped watching after Pablo was gone. 

You didn't watch the third season?  It was still good. I might be a bit bias because I like Pedro Pascal.

6 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

You didn't watch the third season?  It was still good. I might be a bit bias because I like Pedro Pascal.

I just didn’t really care for the story after Pablo. The Mexico one ties in with that time period and looks to be headed in the direction of more recent events.

1 minute ago, HI5 said:

I just didn’t really care for the story after Pablo. The Mexico one ties in with that time period and looks to be headed in the direction of more recent events.

When was this brought on? I haven't noticed it.

I watched El Chapo. Not as high quality as Narcos but good enough to watch whole series.

45 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

When was this brought on? I haven't noticed it.

I watched El Chapo. Not as high quality as Narcos but good enough to watch whole series.

I’ve just come across it this week; I believe it’s a fairly new addition to Netflix.

Story is based around Felix Gallardo of Sinaloa w/ little bits of Chapo.

On 11/15/2018 at 10:49 AM, Shift-4 said:

House of Cards - new season

5-6 episodes in and I am WTFing?  It has become a whole lot disjointed and it jumps around too much. It struggles to follow up with story lines. Playing the feminism card too much, making a mockery of it (perhaps deliberate?).

Re: disjointed and jumping around

I almost feel like I have to rewatch a couple of episodes.

Finished it up last night

Don't even &^@#ing bother if you haven't given it a try.

Very unfortunate that all that acting talent was wasted on that script and story line.........if I can even call it a story line.

Edited by Shift-4

Brooklyn 99 - The most consistently funny show on Netflix.

I mean, it started out so-so, but has been getting better each season. Mostly due to better secondary characters. Jake, Holt, and Terry were always funny, but the other characters were a bit lame early. But by season 4, even Scully and Hitchcock (probably the weakest characters at the beginning) were earning some decent laughs.

I just finished S5 E1&2. Both gave me multiple full-on gut-laughs, mostly from guest Tim Meadows' character, Caleb the cannibal (who was awesome). But the best line came when Holt (who is gay) was trying to distract a security guard with a story of a love triangle between him, his "female wife", and his mistress:

Guard: It just seems like you wanna be with Jamie-Lynn. I mean, you keep talking about her thigh gap.
Captain Holt: That's my favorite part of a woman. There's nothing more intoxicating than the clear absence of a penis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 7:03 AM, Monty said:

Bodyguard

BBC miniseries, about an ex-British war veteran (in his 30s), who is assigned to protect the British Home Security Secretary. What transpires, from start to finish, is a story about Muslim terrorism.

Currently on Netflix, this is an absolute must watch. Very tense. Can’t stress enough how great this series is.

53079D34-30B5-445C-9CA1-92E06E7EFA76.jpeg

Few episodes in..really liking it so far

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Few episodes in..really liking it so far

I tell people that if the first 20 minutes doesn’t hook you, then you may as well turn it off and watch Friends. Because you hate quality entertainment.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:06 AM, D-Money said:

Brooklyn 99 - The most consistently funny show on Netflix.

I mean, it started out so-so, but has been getting better each season. Mostly due to better secondary characters. Jake, Holt, and Terry were always funny, but the other characters were a bit lame early. But by season 4, even Scully and Hitchcock (probably the weakest characters at the beginning) were earning some decent laughs.

I just finished S5 E1&2. Both gave me multiple full-on gut-laughs, mostly from guest Tim Meadows' character, Caleb the cannibal (who was awesome). But the best line came when Holt (who is gay) was trying to distract a security guard with a story of a love triangle between him, his "female wife", and his mistress:

Guard: It just seems like you wanna be with Jamie-Lynn. I mean, you keep talking about her thigh gap.
Captain Holt: That's my favorite part of a woman. There's nothing more intoxicating than the clear absence of a penis.

and hard to believe it got cancelled when it did.  one of the best large ensemble casts.  hard to pick a favorite.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 6:03 AM, Monty said:

Bodyguard

BBC miniseries, about an ex-British war veteran (in his 30s), who is assigned to protect the British Home Security Secretary. What transpires, from start to finish, is a story about Muslim terrorism.

Currently on Netflix, this is an absolute must watch. Very tense. Can’t stress enough how great this series is.

53079D34-30B5-445C-9CA1-92E06E7EFA76.jpeg

First episode I dont think I breathed

• Upvote 1