The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Healthy goaltending rotation or soon to be Nilsson's spot?!!

NHL97OneTimer

Both goalies are playing pretty good, Both have starter potential.

I wonder if either will be trade bait at any time this season.

One has to go eventually so Demko gets a spot and the timing of when/if that happens will signal if the team is rebuilding or just trying to make the playoffs.

19 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Both goalies are playing pretty good, Both have starter potential.

I wonder if either will be trade bait at any time this season.

One has to go eventually so Demko gets a spot and the timing of when/if that happens will signal if the team is rebuilding or just trying to make the playoffs.

How about the 2019 TDL when Nilsson's contract is expiring and Demko is more experienced. 

And no, it won't signify anything other than Nilsson's contract expiring and Demko being more experienced. 

Only other way a guy gets moved is a vast overpay before then. 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

How about the 2019 TDL when Nilsson's contract is expiring and Demko is more experienced. 

And no, it won't signify anything other than Nilsson's contract expiring and Demko being more experienced. 

Only other way a guy gets moved is a vast overpay before then. 

I think it really depends on where Demko is in his development.  If management feels he will be NHL ready next season then I can entirely see us moving a goalie at this year's TDL. Otherwise, it makes much more sense to do it next TDL.

If I were a goalie I would want to play 85 90 percent of the games.

I think there are a few backups in the league that if they ever got the chance to play 15 games in a row they might prove to be better than a backup.

Often goalies have a weak game and then get pulled instead of letting them play through it. 

With Eddie lack for example it seemed that the more he played the better he got when he was here. 

But that may not be the case with our goalies. But I would rather let one of them play a long string if games as opposed to switching all the time.  

Then maybe one will get really hot. 

6 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

Demo is playing really well in Utica.  Easily the MVP so far this year.  

Is he?  I haven't watched.  All I saw was .92 save percentage (I think) which is decent, but nothing great at that level.  Perhaps the quality of shots have been outstanding, and that's not something reflected on most stat sheets.

3 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Is he?  I haven't watched.  All I saw was .92 save percentage (I think) which is decent, but nothing great at that level.  Perhaps the quality of shots have been outstanding, and that's not something reflected on most stat sheets.

He has tapered off somewhat..but'll most likely get back on track.

8 minutes ago, kloubek said:

the D in front of him is decimated.  He has been very good and Cull is riding him hard.  8 of last 9 starts and he has bailed us out in pretty much every game.  A couple of shoot out wins for us in there.  

17 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

If a 1-tender team(lousy backup) gets an untimely injury this season, wonder if we'd consider trying to leverage a 1st out of it(even add a small piece, perhaps)?

NYR, Wash, Mtl, Edm, TBay or even the Fleas all seem fairly dependent upon 1 guy.

So does T.O ST LOUIS NJ Long island pitts philly the jets etc. Could be A good idea.

Archived