The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017/18 WJHC Thread

RRypien37

Sweden has named Lias Andersson as their captain.  Assistants are Erik Brännström, Jacob Moverare and Alexander Nylander.

Canada has named Dillon Dube captain.  Kale Clague, Dante Fabbro and Victor Mete with the As.

5 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

He was last year

Ooooh, bit of a slight there not getting a letter after captaining last year then - no?  I know last year's tournament was a nightmare for them and all but that was more coaching issues from my understanding. 

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Ooooh, bit of a slight there not getting a letter after captaining last year then - no?  I know last year's tournament was a nightmare for them and all but that was more coaching issues from my understanding. 

The players had a closed door meeting because they were upset with the style of play.  Juolevi and the assistants then went on to tell the coaching staff about changes they hoped for.  It was mess because all of it ended up in the media.   The coaching staff got fired mid-tournament once it was clear they wouldn't make it past the round robin and had to play the relegation round.

7 hours ago, mll said:

The players had a closed door meeting because they were upset with the style of play.  Juolevi and the assistants then went on to tell the coaching staff about changes they hoped for.  It was mess because all of it ended up in the media.   The coaching staff got fired mid-tournament once it was clear they wouldn't make it past the round robin and had to play the relegation round.

Yeah. I didn't know the full details so I didn't say anything but this is what happened. 

I guess you could say Juolevi was in the right because the coach was an idiot and Finland did better after he was fired, but it's the kind of action that makes him unlikely to be the captain again.

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

So by this we can assume Fabbro is good to go and will play?

They don't know if he can play yet but they'll ease him in as soon as he can.  They will dress 7Ds in any case tomorrow.  Teams are allowed to have up to 20 skaters per game (plus the two goalies).  

Archived