In no order

Beers with friends

Gaming with friends

Watching / talking hockey with my Dad

Spending time with my Mom

Gaming with my Brother

Coffee on the deck in the morning

A big Canucks win

Been working a lot of extra hours and days lately, so I've been so tense and stressed out that it's actually causing some pain to my shoulders and back (on top of this, I sprained my ankle a couple days ago, but have had to be on my feet for hours each day). So I'm so thankful for co-workers who, not only have offered to take whatever workload they can help with (not much), but threatened to "punch" me if I show up to work on the only day I have off next week. 

• 2 weeks later...

relaxing and watching old movies, especially old westerns.  i can lose myself and any problems while watching them. when i was caring for wife after her stroke... tough, even though it was a labour of love, if i wasn't able to go to the movies, once a month, i would have had trouble coping. 

1) A bold, smokey dark roast coffee

2) Scoring 100% on exams

3) When you eat so much you get "food drunk"

4) That really calm feeling you get after finishing a devistatingly difficult workout

5) The first hot shower after some time in the bush

6) Winning in competitive sports (or competitive business simulations and esports if you're a big nerd like me)

7) Falling in love with a new TV series

8) Working on a captivating project

Going to the Stockton Heat games. Don't get me wrong, I love a good Canucks game, but it's a very different experience being able to cheer for the home team in a tiny arena where everyone's a fan of the same six guys on the ice. The atmosphere is electric, and the guys are sweethearts to boot.

Eating junk food. I am especially fond of Taco Bell, but most just food makes my day so much better. Also a big fan of a morning coffee.

Hockey fandom. It keeps me distracted from the very many things that make me sad.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:08 AM, MattJVD said:

6) Winning in competitive sports (or competitive business simulations and esports if you're a big nerd like me)

esports eh? Don't meet to many other of those folks around here. Which games you play?

Archived