The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks vs Canes 7:00PM (SNP/SN650)

Odd.

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

He is only signed for 1 year and will now be out of our spending range for next year 

we either keep him for a playoff run or cash him out for some draft picks 

I'm thinking that Vanek might agree for one or two year extension since he's almost 35+ or around like that and most NHL clubs wouldn't give too long of a contract.   Maybe one-year extension at 2.5 to 3 million and nothing more than that.  

3 minutes ago, SuitnTie said:

It’s a legitimate concern don’t you think? He’s playing great recently, I’ll give him that. 

He's doing his job very, very well, in a role where he's not as likely to get a ton of prime scoring chances.  He already brings enough elements to his game where he's an asset to the team even if he's not scoring, and he'll have to score eventually.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few in quick succession once he gets the monkey off his back.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not one bit.  He's being very effective, and teaming up well on the 4th line.  Not everyone is required to be a top-six point producer, but he's going to get points the way he's playing.

Of course it is.. I’ve been hearing “he’s playing great, points will come” for a long time. At some point you have to replace him with someone who can contribute on the 4th line. 

7 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Oh Oh Goldy....passes like that will get you a date with a pine bench

With Goldy the only no show that period. He might get a better seat than the bench. The press box is where he belongs. That’s 5 straight uninspired periods of hockey for #77. And when you are a player on the bubble of an nhl career. That is a no no. If he doesn’t make any plays in the 3rd, he will not play again in the big leagues for a long time. It’s not like he’s playing with a couple of plugs who don’t  know how to hockey. 

2 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I'm thinking that Vanek might agree for one or two year extension since he's almost 35+ or around like that and most NHL clubs wouldn't give too long of a contract.   Maybe one-year extension at 2.5 to 3 million and nothing more than that.  

If he keeps playing.like this, he will have significant value at the tdl.  As nice as it is to ha e him, what he could bring is too tempting. 

Archived