Gagner-16

Del Zotto -14

the rest of the players are no worse than minus 7

recommend new trades are for young prospects and draft picks

ALSO: need to separate the Sedins,keeping them together is not working,

why not try it

58 minutes ago, farhills said:

We sign new UFA’s to improve the team

You're assuming that's why the UFAs were signed.

I think it's more likely that the UFAs were signed to provide a buffer so that our prospects have time to develop properly rather than rushing them into the NHL too quickly.  Any improvement to the team by their signing is just a bonus.

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

You're assuming that's why the UFAs were signed.

I think it's more likely that the UFAs were signed to provide a buffer so that our prospects have time to develop properly rather than rushing them into the NHL too quickly.  Any improvement to the team by their signing is just a bonus.

I agree but also as tdl bait.if we can turn those free pick ups into more picks or prospects then it would be a mistake not  to moving forward.especially when the playoffs aren’t a reality which with the injuries is coming soon.

we can always sign more “buffers” for next season. 

I see them as more of a filler rather than an improvement.

Vanek at 2 mill has been a success for his production. He can net us a pick at the deadline.

Del Zotto is playing tougher minutes than he should be due ti injuries. But he helps shelter the younger guys on our razor this defense

Gagner's contract is a failure

1 hour ago, shazzam said:

I see them as more of a filler rather than an improvement.

Vanek at 2 mill has been a success for his production. He can net us a pick at the deadline.

Del Zotto is playing tougher minutes than he should be due ti injuries. But he helps shelter the younger guys on our razor this defense

Gagner's contract is a failure

100% agreed.

On 2017-12-15 at 10:49 AM, combover said:

I agree but also as tdl bait.if we can turn those free pick ups into more picks or prospects then it would be a mistake not  to moving forward.especially when the playoffs aren’t a reality which with the injuries is coming soon.

we can always sign more “buffers” for next season. 

Yup. Signing them as gappers  had to be a big part of the strategy.

Getting more picks and prospects ups a teams odds of getting a bonified NHLer. Have to trade them if the opportunity's there.

Vanek seems to have returned to form after a dismal season last year and could provide a contender with an effective depth forward at an affordable cost. If he gets JB a mid round pick or is part of a package for something bigger, JB's got to jump on it.

Even a rental, he must be worth, at least, a third or fourth rounder.

Archived