The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(wjc) Could we have Juolevi & Pettersson captain Finland and Sweden respectively?

Rush17

Apparently no letter this time around for Juolevi.

Juuso Valimaki was already announced as captain back in August and this morning one of their reporters tweeted from practice that the As were going to Miro Heiskanen and Janne Kuokkanen.

Sweden announced Lias Andersson with the C.  Assistants are Erik Brännström, Jacob Moverare and Alexander Nylander.

3 hours ago, Davathor said:

Maybe because he's not even the best defenceman on his Finland team?

I think more of not doing so well under his leadership last year (perhaps not actually due to his leadership) as others previously mentioned. As for EP I suppose it's because the selected captains for Sweden all have had leadership roles in the past (at different levels) and EP never has.

Sad, but it's okay Jagr, Modano, Datsyuk has never considered themselves as captain material, and they're still OK hockey players in the end. ;) 

2 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

It would be nice if we could watch Sweden today but it doesn't look like TSN will let us. 

Sad face.  Olli Juolevi and Jonah Gadjo will be a nice fill in though.  I look forward to seeing these guys hit the ice in the next little bit!

Archived