The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Canada unveils men's 2018 Olympic roster

I see no reason to mock any of these guys. They are there pursuing (one of) their hockey dreams, playing for their country on one of the biggest stages in sport.

Are they a team of Bobby Orrs, Gordie Howes, Ken Drydens or Bobby Hulls? Nope, but I believe they will do their best to win gold, even though there will probably be some mistakes and poor choices. 

I'm looking to enjoy the effort.

regards,  G.

12 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

I see no reason to mock any of these guys. They are there pursuing (one of) their hockey dreams, playing for their country on one of the biggest stages in sport.

Are they a team of Bobby Orrs, Gordie Howes, Ken Drydens or Bobby Hulls? Nope, but I believe they will do their best to win gold, even though there will probably be some mistakes and poor choices. 

I'm looking to enjoy the effort.

regards,  G.

Fans who make fun of these players generally have no idea what it takes to play at this level. Frustrated wannabees IMHO. 

On 1/11/2018 at 7:07 PM, redhdlois said:

any surprise considering who the coach is ?  LOL

Vey was a damned good player. He had a lot going on in the background when he played here. Some people just don't get the same breaks in life and at the end of the day he has played in the NHL and is representing his country in the Olympics.

Archived