The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shooting at Santa Fe, Texas, high school. 10 reported dead.

nuckin_futz

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Why do people want to commit these tragedies? They don't want to because it's easy to buy a gun. What is wrong with people down there?

easy access to assault-style guns is part of it, thats undeniable. It has to be tackled on multiple fronts: harder semi-auto gun access, more mental heath care, less media hype. IMO anyway.  

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

easy access to assault-style guns is part of it, thats undeniable. It has to be tackled on multiple fronts: harder semi-auto gun access, more mental heath care, less media hype. IMO anyway.  

The guns used in this were a revolver and a shotgun 

4 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

RIP to these children..

no point in discussing guns.. I only hope the nutters who can't live without them will one day consider children's lives more important than their perceived toughness when carrying.

No one disagrees children's lives matter. Guns aren't the issue, why do people down there want to kill? If they are that determined they will find other ways. 

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not trying to argue anything I have just noticed assault weapons mentioned a few times.

fair enough. I was thinking more the Vegas a-hole. For kids that get their parents guns I'd like to see the parents made liable for damages. That would get them to lock them up properly.

Things have to change, responsible gun owners know that. But the NRA isn't a responsible gun owner, they are pushing for everything that they can get on the shelves and easier laws to buy them. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats interesting - did not know that. 

Unfortunately most Americans don't.  I'm one of the strange and exotic kinds that has actually read the whole constitution... many times...

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

22 school shootings in 5 months. That's an average of over two per month. There is something deeply wrong with the US.

It is actually over four per month.   No other country in the developed world has this kind of disregard for innocent life in this manner.   This problem existed before Trump, before Obama and before the internet was a place for people to rant about what they think the problem is.   

Those poor parents.

31 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yes she was. 

For all the noise about Trump, Hillary actually was human garbage, an actual career politician greaseball with ties into all sorts of badness, not including her husband’s ... and you guys all snivel about Trump like he’s the worst.

Option 2, as far as human garbage goes, was worse than option 1. 

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

This will definitely get you some cheap +1's.  lol   I don't own this style of rifle personally.  I have no use for it.  My rifle is a regular old hunting rifle that I take out once in a while to oil down.  I haven't even taken it out shooting for years.

It's generally the culprit in tragedies

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

For a The noise about Trump, Hillary actually was human garbage, an actual career politician greaseball with ties into all sorts of badness, not including her husbands... and you guys all snivel about Trump like he’s the worst. Option 2, as far as human garbage goes, was worse than option 1. 

This iconic visual of Hillary’s reaction during the bin Laden raid says otherwise.  The men in the photo could be watching a football game.  Hillary looks horrified.  I’m still shocked she lost to Trump.  

2216B457-EF63-4480-AAB2-97F10EA42AE3.jpeg

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Unfortunately most Americans don't.  I'm one of the strange and exotic kinds that has actually read the whole constitution... many times...

thats a really interesting process.... high bar but the super gun nutty states wouldn't be able to stop it. Maybe thats what it will come to, but man would that ever be divisive for the states that didn't want it. 

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

For all the noise about Trump, Hillary actually was human garbage, an actual career politician greaseball with ties into all sorts of badness, not including her husband’s ... and you guys all snivel about Trump like he’s the worst.

Option 2, as far as human garbage goes, was worse than option 1. 

"but Hillary" is a hollow argument, purely academic now. Trump is in power, he's the one that can do something today. 

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No one disagrees children's lives matter. Guns aren't the issue, why do people down there want to kill? If they are that determined they will find other ways. 

I didn't say children's lives didn't matter just seems they don't matter as much as guns to some people.. And guns may not be the only issue but they most definitely are an issue..Give someone the proper tools and it's easier to do the job...

I think for a great number of people guns also give a false sense of security.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

"but Hillary" is a hollow argument, purely academic now. Trump is in power, he's the one that can do something today. 

But the hundred million+ $$ and years of investigations eventually clearing her were all a giant conspiracy.

And I am not a fan of any Clinton and really don't give a sh*t how bad America screws themselves over except how it affects Canada primarily, as well as the rest of the world.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

All true.  However did Trump make gun control part of his campaign platform?  

Archived