The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Senators assistant GM arrested on harassment charge

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

A 2nd charge is being brought against him now.  I'm willing to bet that the DA isn't thrilled that he has to fight it coupled with the fact that Ottawa seems to be letting Lee off of the hook.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/06/27/senators-assistant-gm-randy-lee-faces-2nd-harassment-charge/

Ottawa isn't really letting him off the hook though innocent until proven guilty if/when the charges go through he'll be fired. 

This is no diiferent than the Sabres not releasing Kane when he went through his case. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ottawa isn't really letting him off the hook though innocent until proven guilty if/when the charges go through he'll be fired. 

This is no diiferent than the Sabres not releasing Kane when he went through his case. 

Lee isn't denying what happened.  He's just calling it a "misunderstanding".

It doesn't matter to me personally one way or the other.  The 19 year old got his shoulder rubbed and was talked dirty to by a guy twice his age.  Get over it already for crying out loud.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

It doesn't matter to me personally one way or the other.  The 19 year old got his shoulder rubbed and was talked dirty to by a guy twice his age.  Get over it already for crying out loud.

It just sets a bad precedent if the Sens were to straight up fire him before the courts rule anything. 

Though if proven guilty drop the guillotine asap.

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It just sets a bad precedent if the Sens were to straight up fire him before the courts rule anything. 

The guy is a serious loser.  If the person he was aggressively coming on to was a 19 year old girl, he would have been fired already.  He put his hands on the boy, and was a disgusting pig.  Toss him to the curb!  

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Personally, I think that the charges will eventually be dropped.  The fines can't exceed $250 for each charge so all Giambra has to do is continue to make it expensive as possible to keep the case going.  I'm not sure what charge you can lower harassment to (It's already as low of a criminal charge as it can get) or that would be my next guess.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The guy is a serious loser.  If the person he was aggressively coming on to was a 19 year old girl, he would have been fired already.  He put his hands on the boy, and was a disgusting pig.  Toss him to the curb!  

Melnyk is bankrolling Lee's defence according to the Ottawa newspaper article on this.  Lee is pretty much safe it seems.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Personally, I think that the charges will eventually be dropped.  The fines can't exceed $250 for each charge so all Giambra has to do is continue to make it expensive as possible to keep the case going.  I'm not sure what charge you can lower harassment to (It's already as low of a criminal charge as it can get) or that would be my next guess.

He might have been the brains of the operation. Without him Ottawa picked Tkachuk (who I think won't play for them, at least not this year) and gave up a lotto ticket for and elite player like Hughes in 2019. 

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

How ridiculous.  Someone talked dirty to him and rubbed his shoulder.  What in the h*ll is there to sue over.  The point of a lawsuit is to make whole a loss.  The kid and his family are just going after deep pockets out of greed.  He lost nothing that needs to be compensated for.  I hope the judge tosses it out in the beginning on summary judgment.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

How ridiculous.  Someone talked dirty to him and rubbed his shoulder.  What in the h*ll is there to sue over.  The point of a lawsuit is to make whole a loss.  The kid and his family are just going after deep pockets out of greed.  He lost nothing that needs to be compensated for.  I hope the judge tosses it out in the beginning on summary judgment.

it does seem a bit like making a mountain out of a mole hill

but if the other part of what you are saying is true or likely

and the charges might just get dropped

i can see the family might not want this goof to get off scott free

so they are exercising private legal rights to make claims

it would be most unfortunate if the charges were dropped

and the next p.r. move by the ottawa folk is to then claim it was all made up

and the boy is a liar

(we saw something similar happen in baseball with the misplaced urine sample. .cannot remember the details, but the player got quite aggressive, and later is was shown he had in fact take ped)

so this gives the young lad some protection. .as it will likely be settled quietly

with non disclosure terms which also will likely silence the ottawa tribe as well

21 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

it does seem a bit like making a mountain out of a mole hill

but if the other part of what you are saying is true or likely

and the charges might just get dropped

i can see the family might not want this goof to get off scott free

so they are exercising private legal rights to make claims

it would be most unfortunate if the charges were dropped

and the next p.r. move by the ottawa folk is to then claim it was all made up

and the boy is a liar

(we saw something similar happen in baseball with the misplaced urine sample. .cannot remember the details, but the player got quite aggressive, and later is was shown he had in fact take ped)

so this gives the young lad some protection. .as it will likely be settled quietly

with non disclosure terms which also will likely silence the ottawa tribe as well

He's going after money plain and simple.  That's why the Senators will be in the suit.   The point of civil court isn't supposed to be revenge.  It's to be made whole and/or compensated for a loss.  He lost nothing.  He was just inconvenienced slightly.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

He's going after money plain and simple.  That's why the Senators will be in the suit.   The point of civil court isn't supposed to be revenge.  It's to be made whole and/or compensated for a loss.  He lost nothing.  He was just inconvenienced slightly.

so better that he drop it then ?

and lee walk away without meaningful consequence ?

10 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

so better that he drop it then ?

and lee walk away without meaningful consequence ?

Lee will most likely walk away regardless.  Melnyk is bankrolling the whole thing according to Ottawa newspapers.  They published that the other day and all of a sudden a civil suit pops up.

I don't like what Lee is alleged to have done any more than anybody else, but I certainly don't think that the kid and his family should be money grubbing over it.

• 1 month later...

His boiler plate reasoning:

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/randy-lee-steps-down-as-assistant-gm-of-the-ottawa-senators

“My suspension has given me more time to spend with my loved ones than ever before. For the past 23 years, my family has taken a back seat to my career. My focus now is on putting them first,” Lee said in a statement emailed from his personal address.

“At the same time, I have to think about my obligations to the hockey team. They need an assistant general manager who can focus completely on the coming season. Until this matter is behind me, however, I’m not in a position to that.

“For this reason — in consultation with the Ottawa Senators and my family — I have chosen to resign as assistant general manager of the Ottawa Senators and general manager of the Belleville Senators.”

On 6/1/2018 at 1:16 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Sounds like textbook sexual harassment. Innocent until proven guilty of course, but if the allegations are true, this should be the end of his career in hockey management. 

In the good old days if some old man put his hands on your shoulders and said something stupid you would either laugh or punch him in the mouth.

These days you cry, call 911, get PTSD, and sue everyone.  

Society is farked!!

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

In the good old days if some old man put his hands on your shoulders and said something stupid you would either laugh or punch him in the mouth.

These days you cry, call 911, get PTSD, and sue everyone.  

Society is farked!!

or you got attacked and no one believed you. It might be an annoying time to be alive, but its also safer (hopefully). 

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, SabreFan1 said:

If you ever experienced a shoulder rub/dirty talk combo, you'd feel differently. Now the elbow? That's grounds for prison, baby!

Archived