Kyle Quincey - Carl Gunnarsson

Jaroslav Halak

Jonas Gustavsson

Spares: Gabriel Bourque, Blake Coleman, Nick Jensen, Anthony Bitetto

Dylan Strome

Michael McLeod

See you in the finals?

• Haha 3

Since we got knocked for not making our list of players available more visible to any team last time around, we have the following players available:

DAVID SAVARD - PENDING UFA, $3M, 3.08 FP/G, COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS DEFENSEMAN

MICHAEL DEL ZOTTO - PENDING UFA, $4.5M, 3.72 FP/G, VANCOUVER CANUCKS DEFENSEMAN

:P 

We'd like to move one of these two, and need ~2m of space, or at least $1.5m. That being said, we won't move either until we've found a deal we like. Savard is on a playoff team, while we believe that MDZ will be playoff bait. Both put up good numbers for this league.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

fLlMrYG.jpg

On behalf of GMs @Sygvard and @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the signing of:

Chris Kunitz - 1 year, $2m

I think you misspoke, that's 4 time Stanley Cup Champion, Olympic gold medalist, and first team all star Chris "BAMF" Kunitz.

Super pumped to have him on board

Edited by Sestito'sHandMadeVodka
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

I think you misspoke, that's 4 time Stanley Cup Champion, Olympic gold medalist, and first team all star Chris "BAMF" Kunitz.

Super pumped to have him on board so that we can flog him for assets at the trade deadline

I'm assuming that's what the edit was :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

I'm assuming that's what the edit was :ph34r:

Who? Uuuuuus? We are absolutely stockpiling assets for our goalie-free push for the playoffs. 

Please ignore the fellow surreptitiously attaching price tags on the back of players pants. 

REASON FOR EDIT: Surreptitiously is a ridiculously hard word to spell. 

Edited by Sygvard
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Super pumped to have him on board

I'm disappointed in Kunitz could have signed on board for another cup. Guess he's happy with 4 :wacko:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Monty said:

89C7C4CC-89DD-4887-95E5-98455F01C4C4.jpeg

Current Roster and Top Prospects

Silfverberg - Kopitar - Rust

Fiala - Krejci - Smith

Sheary - Henrique - Tanev

Tatar - Bonino - Callahan

Dumoulin - Myers

Leddy - K. Miller

Russell - Stralman

Goalies:

Fredrik Andersen

Mikko Koskinen

Reserves:

De La Rose

Hainsey

Voynov

Coburn

Chychrun

Top Prospects:

Robert Thomas

Gabe Vilardi

Barrett Hayton

Alexander Volkov

Mathieu Joseph

Zach Senyshen

Evgeny Svechnikov

Sean Day

Dante Fabbro

Sam Girard

Libor Hajek

Miro Heiskanen

Pierre Olivier-Joseph

Marcus Pettersson

Highlighted a few players that have received a bit of interest lately. Defensemen could start to move soon, especially if Voynov signs IRL.

As for prospects, pretty self explanatory which ones I have been getting inquiries on. So, think I’ll be a little up front so there’s no confusion:

Robert Thomas, Miro Heiskanen, and Sam Girard won’t be traded for scraps or quantity vs quality. Unless someone actually has Raymond and Ballard available, then we’ll talk.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Monty said:

Highlighted a few players that have received a bit of interest lately. Defensemen could start to move soon, especially if Voynov signs IRL.

As for prospects, pretty self explanatory which ones I have been getting inquiries on. So, think I’ll be a little up front so there’s no confusion:

Robert Thomas, Miro Heiskanen, and Sam Girard won’t be traded for scraps or quantity vs quality. Unless someone actually has Raymond and Ballard available, then we’ll talk.

So we should start lowballing you on Vilardi, Svechnikov, and Hayton then?

• Haha 3

5a4fbbc8da2b4f099b95da1e.thumb.png.e9b869bd5f50e19c772282f9a223781f.png

New Lightning GM wallstreetamigo held an impromptu press conference this morning to discuss several topics.

Q - What is the reasoning behind the GM role reversal and what does it mean for Tampa?

WSA - "In reality, very little has changed. HV and I will continue to work together to bring a cup to Tampa. As you might remember, HV stepped up when I needed to take a step back. Its a similar situation now and the change at this point is simply a reflection of the team-oriented approach we have in Tampa management."

Q - This has been a quiet offseason despite significant cap space at your disposal. Tampa made no signings in free agency and rumblings have been coming out of the Toronto media questioning the commitment to win. What do you say to those people?

WSA - "Well, first of all, we are all commited to winning no matter the cost so those TO guys dont know what they are talking about. We simply did not feel there was anyone in free agency that was going to fill our most pressing needs. Thats not a knock on any player though. Its just an indication that what we need organizationally really wasnt out there." 

Q - So, why hoard all that cap space?

WSA - "In regards to cap space and lack of signings, I think our restraint in free agency puts us in a great position, dont you? It enables us to give our good young players a chance to earn spots and to potentially take advantage of other teams cap troubles as the summer goes on. I think some good players will be available and Tampa will be looking to strategically upgrade. Sometimes the moves you dont make are the best ones. I also think convincing a player like Jan Kovar to come over to North America could help fill a hole at center, and on a bargain contract. Those kind of investments in non traditional free agents can certainly help us."

Q - What is on your wish list at this point and is anyone on the trade block?

WSA - "Ideally we would like to add a top line forward, preferably a center, and a top pairing defender to the fold. Those are really my big ticket items. Both are generally tough to come by on the trade market but we are willing to get creative to make deals happen. If there are cap situations that we can take on to lower the overall cost of acquiring those pieces we will certainly look at it."

Q - So is anyone on the block?

WSA - "We have received varying degrees of interest on several players but nothing is imminent. No one and everyone is on the block if that makes sense. We will look at any deal that makes us better. We obviously do have a lot of nhl and prospect depth at defense so I anticipate a few moves to upgrade at the forward position from that depth."

Q - What direction will the franchise be taking going forward, going for it, rebuild, etc.?

WSA - "That is definitely something we are going to continually reassess in an ultra-competitive league like PUCK. At this point we feel like we are a competitive team with a relatively young core group but we still have some holes to fill. So a lot will depend on what we see going on around us with other teams too. I dont think a fire sale rebuild is anywhere on the radar for us but we are definitely going to need to retool a bit here to take the next step. We definitely want to look at bolstering the top end of our roster through picks or deals."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3