The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

3 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

(or you already had 3 starters and he signed that deal?). 

I mean, one of those starters is Rittich, i'm not sure if that counts. Guy had 21 games last year, split starts this year, then didn't get used in the playoffs.

Looks like he has 2 starters and a pleasant-surprise-maybe-starter. And is now looking to trade down to 2 again. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

4F42F87F-BFE4-4057-99D6-9CD8DB31494B.jpeg.12ab523b41567d777546f1ef9c1f59b8.jpeg

I didn’t have a problem with this extension when it happened because I assumed he was your goalie for the future. But if you are actively shopping him... 

You’ve done nothing wrong @D-Money. Your goalie depth is actually crazy good because you’ve done a great job. My complaint is that a top end UFA signed a long term deal and then that team traded into a position of having 3 starters (or you already had 3 starters and he signed that deal?). 

I can’t really explain it, but I feel it’s unfair. FA is already pretty mediocre.

Free agency always sucks in Puck. Players with value are usually retained, and the few that slip by end up massively overpaid.

On that note, I'm also accepting offers on the negotiating rights for Anton Stralman, Jordie Benn, and Patrick Marleau!

My preference all along has been to trade Jones and keep Bobrovsky. However, with Jones struggling, I haven't got a decent offer (hopefully that changes with him finding his game again recently). And I can't just ignore the cap next season. So I have to be at least open to the possibility that Bob may have to be the one to go.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sygvard said:

I mean, one of those starters is Rittich, i'm not sure if that counts. Guy had 21 games last year, split starts this year, then didn't get used in the playoffs.

Looks like he has 2 starters and a pleasant-surprise-maybe-starter. And is now looking to trade down to 2 again. 

Rittich has already been traded...although, a back-up goalie was part of the return coming back. I like Rittich, but couldn't afford what he'd be asking for as an RFA.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Free agency always sucks in Puck. Players with value are usually retained, and the few that slip by end up massively overpaid.

On that note, I'm also accepting offers on the negotiating rights for Anton Stralman, Jordie Benn, and Patrick Marleau!

My preference all along has been to trade Jones and keep Bobrovsky. However, with Jones struggling, I haven't got a decent offer (hopefully that changes with him finding his game again recently). And I can't just ignore the cap next season. So I have to be at least open to the possibility that Bob may have to be the one to go.

I guess what I’m saying is, because you signed that deal, shouldn’t Keeping Bobrovsky be already decided? Like the action of re-signing him should be essentially be you making the choice to move the other guys. 

I don’t know. I’m just bitter :lol:.

10 minutes ago, Sygvard said:

Rittich is their starter. He had a knee injury that wouldn’t fully heal, but wasn’t enough to stop him from playing. The only reason Smith started so many games in the 2nd half and playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Art Vandelay said:

I guess what I’m saying is, because you signed that deal, shouldn’t Keeping Bobrovsky be already decided? Like the action of re-signing him should be essentially be you making the choice to move the other guys. 

I don’t know. I’m just bitter :lol:.

That extension makes Bobrovsky the highest paid goaltender in Puck. I took a big risk offering that, especially with his early-season struggles. The commish team @thejazz97 / @Master Mind likely realized that there was a strong possibility that if things didn't improve, Bob wasn't going to get an offer that big in free agency, and took it, even though I had another legit starter. They probably wouldn't have let me re-sign him if I didn't somewhat overpay.

Fortunately for me, he's proving the doubters wrong in a big way, and is being linked to a suddenly free-spending Panthers team, with coach Q behind the bench. If not, it may have been difficult to trade him. In fact, I floated his name out earlier in the year, and the only interest I received was contingent on salary retention.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

SV gave him to me ask a contract dump! I was just happy to take get anything in return! Unfortunate way to end up

I made the mistake of giving up on him in FL before he really broke out. Didn't cost me anything this year (as he didn't play in the playoffs), but I got a significantly better return here by moving him at the end of the season (but it won't be announced until playoffs are over).

I also have a few players on the block:

Joe Pavelski will be actively shopped.

One of Nicklas Backstrom and TJ Oshie will be moved.

Rinne, Simmonds, Chara, and Ladd we will attempt to all move for picks (or prospects if we can; they are pending UFAs who we don't believe we will re-sign).

These aren't players we necessarily want to move, but as my team in the playoffs has a real salary of over $100m, I need to cut down before next season.

• Haha 1

What a game! Jones hangs on for another win!

With 2 starters in the 2nd round, a lot of my potential success lies in the hands of the schedule makers. If Columbus and San Jose are scheduled on the same nights, I can only dress 1. But alternate nights? 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, D-Money said:

With 2 starters in the 2nd round, a lot of my potential success lies in the hands of the schedule makers. If Columbus and San Jose are scheduled on the same nights, I can only dress 1. But alternate nights? 

Looks like it's alternate nights. <_<

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Columbus - Boston series starts Wednesday, SJ - Colorado Thursday.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

I also have a few players on the block:

Joe Pavelski will be actively shopped.

One of Nicklas Backstrom and TJ Oshie will be moved.

Rinne, Simmonds, Chara, and Ladd

Geez, picking on all the injured guys eh? Oshie, Ladd, Simmonds, and now Pavelski...

• Haha 2

Now the Rangers face @D-Money yet again, after each knocking the other team out the past 2 years.

Marchand, Heinen, Foligno, Goodrow, Bortuzzo, Bobrovsky, Jones

Maybes: L'Esperance

vs

Foegele, Thornton, Karlsson, Spezza, Brown, Edmondson, Pelech, Vlasic

Maybes: Radil, Johnston, Bishop, Clifton, Halak

Probably the weakest either of us has ever been. A lot hinges on Bob and Jones winning their series.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, inane said:

Thanks @Canuck Surfer for the round, without my goalies I'm toast.

That being said, my all star round 2 line up! 

Noel Acciari - Alex Kerfoot

Esa Lindell

Jordan Binnington 

Philip Grubauer 

Scratches 

Thomas Hickey

Denis Gurianov

giphy.gif

• Haha 2