The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

Man I'm really paying for not acquiring playoff guys... =(

I had a bad taste in my mouth from buying come TDL in the past years and losing too many futures... Stood pat this year and burning big time! 

My team lost all morale after superstar Edler didn't make the playoffs. He was Crosby's only inspiration in life... And his absence really affected Sid's downfall in the NYI sweep. 

I think your team could use some more classic apollo posts, with the Photoshop perfection. ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Stamkos - Eliminated

Oshie - Injured for playoffs

DeBrusk, Wagner - On brink of elimination

Karlsson - On brink of elimination

Deadline deals not looking too hot :mellow:

How are your other teams doing?

• Haha 4

We would be doing surprisingly OK so far, actually. Considering that we sold off our Lightning and Sharks.

Still would be getting absolutely rolled by the real contenders in the playoffs. But maybe one day soon we will be relevant!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Patrick Brown. Never heard of him? 8 hits and 1 block, while seeing PP time for Carolina.

Another long shot prospect that made the jump. While the Rangers prospect pool isn't deep, we're good at developing the ones we do have...somehow.

Happy Easter everyone!

• Cheers 4

Geez, I can make a much better team with my players that will be eliminated in round 1 than who will be left over.

But going forward...three game 7's! Who is everyone cheering for? Myself, for mostly fantasy reasons...

• Toronto/Boston - don't care, have great rep for both...but Toronto is better for FL
  • Washington/Carolina - definitely Caps, as I have no Canes, and don't want NYR to have Foegele next round
  • San Jose/Vegas - San Jose, all the way...much better rep for me, and don't want CAR to have MAF in round 3

27 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Geez, I can make a much better team with my players that will be eliminated in round 1 than who will be left over.

But going forward...three game 7's! Who is everyone cheering for? Myself, for mostly fantasy reasons...

• Toronto/Boston - don't care, have great rep for both...but Toronto is better for FL
  • Washington/Carolina - definitely Caps, as I have no Canes, and don't want NYR to have Foegele next round
  • San Jose/Vegas - San Jose, all the way...much better rep for me, and don't want CAR to have MAF in round 3

Round 3? You won't have to worry about that. Foegele will make sure of it.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, D-Money said:

As a non playoff team I can enjoy all outcomes!

TOR/BOS - My bracket predicted Boston to win the cup but I want Toronto to win. Living in southern Ontario the hype is real here. It’s fun to be a part of. 

VGK/SJS - Vegas because they’ve got a really exciting team and I’m a fan of stone/patches/stasny

CAR/WSH - Carolina to watch the world burn 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

- Boston, I have four Bruins and I want to watch my twitter TL burn 

- Carolina, because I like the underdogs

- Indifferent, but Vegas will go further if they win this game IMO. Maybe SJ so Joe has a chance to win one.

24 minutes ago, D-Money said:

G - Sergei Bobrovsky

4F42F87F-BFE4-4057-99D6-9CD8DB31494B.jpeg.12ab523b41567d777546f1ef9c1f59b8.jpeg

I didn’t have a problem with this extension when it happened because I assumed he was your goalie for the future. But if you are actively shopping him... 

You’ve done nothing wrong @D-Money. Your goalie depth is actually crazy good because you’ve done a great job. My complaint is that a top end UFA signed a long term deal and then that team traded into a position of having 3 starters (or you already had 3 starters and he signed that deal?). 

I can’t really explain it, but I feel it’s unfair. FA is already pretty mediocre.