The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

happy belated  b-day @greensman

im pretty pleased with the Draft so far 

Seider selected @ 6th  ...  that a little surprise or not?  Somehow the Redwings following my path ..last Year Zadina ..this Year Seider.

Hope the Wings handle both Players well . 

Pelletier @ 26th   to the Flames .

Interesting Fact .....i allways had an eye on Seider but i didnt wanted to waste the 7th for him. 

He was ranked somwhere between 10th and 24th on several sides. Same with Broberg , Söderström and York.

so i tried to move down and it worked out. :) 

its nice that i got 2 1st Rounders (IRL) for my 7th . now the time will show if both players will pan out for the Blues.

Thank you @Rush17 

The Draft 2019 so far  ... CDCGML/IRL

D Moritz Seider  #11/#6   + 5 

F Jakob Pelletier #41/#26   +15

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Personally I think Foote is one of the safer picks to at least make the nhl (aside from the top players of course). Getting him at 54 is a steal.

LOL, what do I know, when I know?

Foote, makes in to the 1st round with Tampa!  :towel:

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

happy belated  b-day @greensman

im pretty pleased with the Draft so far 

Seider selected @ 6th  ...  that a little surprise or not?  Somehow the Redwings following my path ..last Year Zadina ..this Year Seider.

Hope the Wings handle both Players well . 

Pelletier @ 26th   to the Flames .

Interesting Fact .....i allways had an eye on Seider but i didnt wanted to waste the 7th for him. 

He was ranked somwhere between 10th and 24th on several sides. Same with Broberg , Söderström and York.

so i tried to move down and it worked out. :) 

its nice that i got 2 1st Rounders (IRL) for my 7th . now the time will show if both players will pan out for the Blues.

Thank you @Rush17 

The Draft 2019 so far  ... CDCGML/IRL

D Moritz Seider  #11/#6   + 5 

F Jakob Pelletier #41/#26   +15

I'm happy to help! Glad it worked out for you. I am estatic about Cozens too! Thanks to you and PO that was possible! 

I don't think Cozens could have landed at a better spot in that range. Buffalo is far closer to competing and I think he can become an important piece for them.

We somehow avoided the rebuilding Wings, the Kenny Holland experience, and the lame ducks lol. Only thing better would maybe him in Vancouver. 

Grats on Seider. I gasped for air when that pick happened lol. I love when curve balls like that happen to the expected lists. Kid looks promising 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Monty said:

Edmonton selects Broberg.

Monty:

1A160D1C-248A-43BF-85E9-A0E0372A0102.gif

Hey, I got Soderstrom to ARZ, it's not much better...:lol:

Holmstrom at 23 to NYI makes up for it though!

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

So you traded down to get him, doing what Yzerman should have done. Yzerman out GM'ed by Bomba!

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

LOL, what do I know, when I know?

Foote, makes in to the 1st round with Tampa!  :towel:

Tampa getting both Cal and Nolan is quite the feat  ;)

Ok I'll leave now.

Edited by Master Mind
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

This could easily be the best draft we've ever had in Montreal, all things considered. All five of our picks (one 2nd, two 3rds and two 4ths) ended up being taken in the 2nd round. :emot-parrot:

44th Pick: C Jamieson Rees (44th to CAR) +0

76th Pick: D Drew Helleson (47th to COL) +29

90th Pick: D Nikita Okhotyuk (61st to NYI) +29

102nd Pick: C Karl Henriksson (58th to NYR) +44

123rd Pick: D Samuel Bolduc (57th to NYI) +66

Edited by _arby_18
  • Upvote 3

8th Pick: LW Matthew Boldy (12th to MIN) -4

21st Pick: C/RW Aleksi Heponiemi (2017 draft pick - total steal)

38th Pick: RW Egor Afanasyev (45th to NSH) -7

43rd Pick:  D Vladislav Kolyachonok (52nd to FLA) -9

45th Pick: D Ryan Johnson (31st to BUF) +14

52nd Pick: G Hunter Jones (59th to MIN) +7

71st Pick: C Shane Pinto (32nd to OTT) +39

83rd Pick: G Hugo Alnefelt (71st to TBL) +12

85th Pick: LW Alex Campbell (65th to NSH) +20

Very happy with how thing shook out for us this year at the draft. Some of our earlier picks dropped a bit but none fell more than 9 real life spots. Happy to see all of our later picks get picked by at latest the early 3rd. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Knowing Soderstrom went right after I'd like to pretend I'm on to something liking that guy. But maybe the minority here, I like the pick at 10.

We def need a guy like Soderstrom. NEED. I'm still a bit surprised Zona traded up to get him?

Pod is the better player though. And just as useful really. He was the better pick. He has the potential to be our best power forward since Bertuzzi. Plus all the tools, compete, to be valuable even if he ''only'' scores 55 or 65 points a year.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

We def need a guy like Soderstrom. NEED. I'm still a bit surprised Zona traded up to get him?

Pod is the better player though. And just as useful really. He was the better pick. He has the potential to be our best power forward since Bertuzzi. Plus all the tools, compete, to be valuable even if he ''only'' scores 55 or 65 points a year.

really excited by the picks so far, Pod I think was a steal, nothing wrong going all in on skill. The 2nd rounder aI honestly thought would have been gone in round 1 too. The Finn just added in round 4 looks to have fallen a into JB's lap a little as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

really excited by the picks so far, Pod I think was a steal, nothing wrong going all in on skill. The 2nd rounder aI honestly thought would have been gone in round 1 too. The Finn just added in round 4 looks to have fallen a into JB's lap a little as well.

I'm excited by Hoglander.  Great pic as well!

Might have picked a D.  Cant get all your D late.  Mind u? Bjornfot & Ryan Johnson were both gone; closest to need.  

• Cheers 1

Well, overall we are pretty happy with the complete draft:

Nick Robertson 37th by us, 53rd by Toronto down 16 spots

Nikita Alexandrov 64th by us, 62nd by St Louis up 2 spots

Aliaksei Protas 74th by us, 91st by Washington down 17 spots

Daniil Misyul 84th by us, 70th by New Jersey up 14 spots

Graeme Clark 94th by us, 80th by New Jersey up 14 spots

Marcus Kallionkieli 97th by us, 139th by Vegas down 42 spots

Yaroslav Likhachyov 101st by us, ???? perhaps undrafted? He is 17 until September 2nd, so lots of time to watch him move up the charts. 

• Upvote 1