The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Well Jack's contract goes until 2030, whereas Quinn's only goes until 2027. And having two players under contract move to Vancouver is much more difficult than just having a UFA sign with NJ.

Vancouver is a beautiful city where hockey in king. Jersey is New York’s dump and no one cares about hockey. 
Jack and Luke will come here. Them’s the facts. Bow to Alf’s empties :frantic:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Vancouver is a beautiful city where hockey in king. Jersey is New York’s dump and no one cares about hockey. 
Jack and Luke will come here. Them’s the facts. Bow to Alf’s empties :frantic:

I hope you're right, though I also wish I had your optimism :lol:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

With the cap going up we don't know what a GM will do and my bet is if NJD have the chance to trade for QH they would.

I'm sure they would, but I also doubt they'd be willing to overpay knowing they could get him for free if they waited.

6 hours ago, dougieL said:

I'm sure they would, but I also doubt they'd be willing to overpay knowing they could get him for free if they waited.

4 yrs is a long time in the NHL and many things can happen in a players' personal life and professional

life.  It's hard to predict what choices a player would make at that point.  Is it that important for Quinn

to play alongside his brothers?  Will Quinn be absorbed by leading his team that has finally become a

solid SC contender during his tenure?  Will he have a family and want to raise his children in a preferable

place(s)? 

It's highly unlikely that Quinn will be had for 'free' by any team.  He will likely be a highly sought after

dman by many teams; some that may be more attractive to him than the Devils.  If/when Hughes decides

to move on from Vancouver, there will certainly be teams that will present some decent trade offers.

Being joined at the hip with your siblings is not the end all-be all in life.  There are so many other factors

that can affect one's decisions.

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Could you elaborate on this?

I don't agree (at all).

Neither do I, especially regarding Petey. His defensive play has gotten very good, to the point he got Selke votes. If that wasn’t good enough, he did that while eclipsing his point totals by more than 40 points.

While Miller’s offensive production did drop a bit from last season, he’s still a PPG player, which he has been for a while now.

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

Neither do I, especially regarding Petey. His defensive play has gotten very good, to the point he got Selke votes. If that wasn’t good enough, he did that while eclipsing his point totals by more than 40 points.

While Miller’s offensive production did drop a bit from last season, he’s still a PPG player, which he has been for a while now.

Yeah, Miller simply had a normal season. Most people didn't expect him to get 99 points again. A point-per-game is all we should expect from him with decent defense. Anything extra is gravy.

• There it is 1

4 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

I don't mean play-wise, I mean leadership-wise and vocally (or whatever we hear anyway). You don't see Petey that vocal anymore on the bench, his interviews aren't that elaborate and even Miller seems to have quietened down a bit compared to a year or two ago (especially when we were in it rough with Bo, he seemed like quite a vocal leader). I know there's lots of different ways to lead and we obviously don't see all of it, but now look at all this publicity Quinn is getting. He used to be the quiet, shy one and now he's out there getting filmed in his holiday home with his brothers and comes off as the big bro and leader even of his own family.

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I don't mean play-wise, I mean leadership-wise and vocally (or whatever we hear anyway). You don't see Petey that vocal anymore on the bench, his interviews aren't that elaborate and even Miller seems to have quietened down a bit compared to a year or two ago (especially when we were in it rough with Bo, he seemed like quite a vocal leader). I know there's lots of different ways to lead and we obviously don't see all of it, but now look at all this publicity Quinn is getting. He used to be the quiet, shy one and now he's out there getting filmed in his holiday home with his brothers and comes off as the big bro and leader even of his own family.

To be fair, Quinn is actually the oldest child and probably has always been somewhat a leader in the family.

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

All these moments completely escaped my mind, but wow.

You almost forget how good Quinn is now that we've had him for a few seasons, what a spectacular talent. And a great leader too, he's young & still growing but I think he'll make a great captain if that ends up being the decision.

Hope he stays in Van his whole career, love watching him play. My fav player for sure. 

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

All these moments completely escaped my mind, but wow.

You almost forget how good Quinn is now that we've had him for a few seasons, what a spectacular talent. And a great leader too, he's young & still growing but I think he'll make a great captain if that ends up being the decision.

Hope he stays in Van his whole career, love watching him play. My fav player for sure. 

He's my favourite player to watch on the team. He does so many little smart moves. Really a magician out there.

• Vintage 1