The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I find this funny all the time wasted discussing this, and nothing ever came close to it happening lol Kypreos got people good!

The only thing we have, as of right now, is as verbal promise from Dubas to not trade Willie.  That means nothing in business.

21 hours ago, xereau said:

The only thing we have, as of right now, is as verbal promise from Dubas to not trade Willie.  That means nothing in business.

He will be traded once Marner and Matthews need new contracts, and if not then they will become the new Oilers with cheap crap players filling holes because they over payed on forwards.

19 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

He will be traded once Marner and Mathews need new contracts, and if not then they will become the new Oilers with cheap crap players filling holes because they over payed on forwards.

What are Matthew's and Marner's value?

Matthew's 11 - 13 million?

Marner 8 - 10 million?

You start going down their contract lists and it gets ugly quickly.  Tavares, Nylander, Reilly etc.

You can't win being the Oilers, can you? Top 6 and top 2 making huge amounts, the rest making minimum and interchaging them nightly.

I heard that on NHL Network today. So over the course of Nylander's contract they need to re sign or replace, under the cap, Mathews, Marner, Reilly, Gardiner, Andersson, Kapanen, Kadri. All to big, big raises. And Nylander stays? All while trying to upgrade that D. This will get interesting.  

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

I heard that on NHL Network today. So over the course of Nylander's contract they need to re sign or replace, under the cap, Mathews, Marner, Reilly, Gardiner, Andersson, Kapanen, Kadri. All to big, big raises. And Nylander stays? All while trying to upgrade that D. This will get interesting.  

They won't be able to sign them all. Watch them try to trade Marleau after they have another first round exit.

With that defense, they aren't going anywhere far.

Should have traded for Doughty.

1 hour ago, 406in604 said:

What are Matthew's and Marner's value?

Matthew's 11 - 13 million?

Marner 8 - 10 million?

You start going down their contract lists and it gets ugly quickly.  Tavares, Nylander, Reilly etc.

You can't win being the Oilers, can you? Top 6 and top 2 making huge amounts, the rest making minimum and interchaging them nightly.

Definitely predicting Matthews $10-12 range, no way he gets more than McDavid, but it is Toronto so you never know :lol:

Definitely looks like Marner is in the $8-9 range by the sounds of it. 

One thing Toronto has that Oilers don't is a decent goalie, I'll give them that, but Torontos D needs help, so they will or should move one of the forwards probably in the off season and acquire a D or 2, or they do it at the trade deadline this year if all their players are healthy. I do expect them to move Marleau don't see them keeping him for next year for his last year on contract, throwing out a proposal Toronto trades for Subban with Nylander and a prospect maybe.

Oilers need a goalie and better D, similar to the Canucks, no way I see Oilers winning or making it far into the playoffs until they address that issue.

42 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They won't be able to sign them all. Watch them try to trade Marleau after they have another first round exit.

With that defense, they aren't going anywhere far.

Should have traded for Doughty.

I think the trouble started with Tavares. I can't fully blame them as adding a piece like JT is just so tempting. But is he what they need? Time will tell I suppose. 

22 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

He will be traded once Marner and Matthews need new contracts, and if not then they will become the new Oilers with cheap crap players filling holes because they over payed on forwards.

I am betting that Toronto is relying on big cap ceiling jumps (expected to go up to $83 million next season), and some favorable cap circumvention assistance from the league to get them out of the mess.

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am betting that Toronto is relying on big cap ceiling jumps (expected to go up to $83 million next season), and some favorable cap circumvention assistance from the league to get them out of the mess.

Oh they'll be doing everything they can to get the cap up as high as possible, I'm sure they're taking Bettman out for meals daily :lol:

Archived