The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] - Nineteen Eighty-Four (Game Over; Mafia Win)

Beluga Whale

I was against the thunderdome because we don't do it often, I don't really know what it is, I don't really wanna bother doing anything other than a lynch(I don't even like the idea of a no lynch), my mafia age is getting old I like the way we do it.

Nothing even close to game-related, I'd say the same thing everytime a thunderdome is brought up. It just sounds completely mental. Not to mention BW brought it over here and you guys know my stance on his stupid BBC #TBT BW acronyms. Same thing with thunderdome. So unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

1.  There's no way that a TP Master Radishes, a TP 112, and a TP Aladeen would ALL be okay with a Blue Jay 22 lynch.  One (or two) of you aren't town-aligned.  And if all three are thoughtcriminals, well, that's awfully bold of you to push the same wagon.

Whatever specials the town have ought to target a few on that wagon, whether that be in the form of an investigation, vig kill, role-block, etc.

As already stated, I agree with you (and Z) that the wagon has a scum on it.

2.  Duce's switch to Blue Jay is very scummy.  He'll probably say something about breaking the tie/not wanting a tie but he could have just moved his vote onto a player not in contention, ya know, like a 112.  Remember his post about her and MR and how he'd be shocked if they were TP.  That, to me, means he thought one of them to be scum and should have voted for them if he truly believed that.

Again, agree - ilduce needs to be looked at this round.

[stuff on tied votes]

Although I'm never around at end-of-round voting, last round doesn't read to me like there was any threat of a tie. BJ as a lynch was never really in doubt, and none of the other votes that came later even tried to push an alternative. So I don't see much sense in having a conversation about voting to avoid ties, to be honest.

A.  If MR and Duce are scum/scum, it's possible that MR and Duce are okay with how that lynch looks because MR is aware and bold enough to argue against any suspicion I, or any player, might have of him.  He's done this against me before when I've correctly called him out as mafia and I believe he's still really capable in his game of putting together posts to prove his 'innocence' quite adequately as he's done in the past.

It's easy to prove my innocence when I am, indeed, innocent.

B.  A more likely scenario I just thought of would be one where Aladeen/Duce are scum/scum.  Aladeen quoted me a few days ago saying that he felt MR was scummy in his call-out of me. I have an idea where, in an effort to fuel that suspicion, he and Duce decided to join that wagon in hopes that I would be point the finger of suspicion toward MR because I had made it known and because Aladeen would have that fall-back post of also calling MR scummy.  That would also explain Aladeen's "frantic" panicking before BJ's lynch.

I did note Aladeen's end of day frantics. I've been town-reading him fairly strongly, though, based on his other posts, so I'm not sure I'm ready to worry about that just because of some tinfoily scenario about him and duce.

Your implication throughout all of this post is that there were two scum on the BJ-wagon. But there were only four votes. If the mafia were plotting their voting placement strategically, I don't know that they'd risk that much on a lynch candidate who was heading for the noose without needing any nudging from the scum. And quite a few of the game's players could be deemed 'inactive', making it likely one of the mafia fall into that group as well. I'd place my bet on there being one scum on the BJ wagon, one actively not, and one lurking/inactive.

3 minutes ago, 112 said:

99% sure Zfetch is Town btw. His progression on everything looks genuine, in particular how his reads have been evolving over time.

Hmm. I was beginning to drift the other way. Zfetch did, after all, help kick off the BJ vote, only to abandon it later without any real reasoning, therefore letting the rest of us look like the fools. If he truly began to believe BJ innocent, why not try harder to stop the lynch? He just sort of let it happen without getting any blame for it in the end.

But I'll admit I'm fiddling with some tinfoil here. He seems okay in other respects.

Just now, Master Radishes said:

Hmm. I was beginning to drift the other way. Zfetch did, after all, help kick off the BJ vote, only to abandon it later without any real reasoning, therefore letting the rest of us look like the fools. If he truly began to believe BJ innocent, why not try harder to stop the lynch? He just sort of let it happen without getting any blame for it in the end.

But I'll admit I'm fiddling with some tinfoil here. He seems okay in other respects.

cuz he looked like mafia at the beginning and then didn't afterwards? dunno myan

4 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

I think I literally stated that I might have been wrong about BJ at one point before I shifted votes

Yeah, just not really why, nor did you then try to convince anyone else.

Honestly, though, just trying to look at the game through different lenses, since my initial readings were wrong. Someone is hiding well, otherwise we're saying the scum team are all inactives. Maybe you're the mole. Maybe it's 112. Maybe it's BW.

1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

Yeah, just not really why, nor did you then try to convince anyone else.

Honestly, though, just trying to look at the game through different lenses, since my initial readings were wrong. Someone is hiding well, otherwise we're saying the scum team are all inactives. Maybe you're the mole. Maybe it's 112. Maybe it's BW.

Tbh game like this all mafia could be inactive

I feel the WW kill is the type of thing TL would do

Actually, let's try a different tack yet again. This was TL's only post of any substance.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:02 AM, Time Lord said:

I'll analyze Zfetch:

No it was pretty decent help tbh

Decent post

^These two posts are odd and I don't know why he said this

Decent post

Zfetch doesn't talk like this

How is it sketchy lol

Okay

No

Bad post

I lol'd tbh

Fluff. Bad post

Bad post

No, not for MR

Agreed

I guess so

Ok Zfetch looks worse than average 

My vote will remain

Shoddy work for TL, and he's MIA since.

Vote Time Lord to come out and play.

While I think MR is trying to deflect suspicion off of him onto Time Lord, I will add that TL's case against Zfetch looked sus.  Not in a bad way per se, but more of a "I investigated you and your mafia so here's some points against you and hopefully the town will pick up on it". 

Now, let me clarify.  I do not think TL is sheriff/cop or that Zfetch is mafia.  I'm just stating that his case against Zfetch came across like that.

Regardless, he's in need of more activity going forward.

6 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Actually, let's try a different tack yet again. This was TL's only post of any substance.

Shoddy work for TL, and he's MIA since.

Vote Time Lord to come out and play.

Yeah I didn't get the point of that post.
I feel he wouldn't post that if he's mafia but I also feel he wouldn't post that if he's TP. So then wtf is he

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

While I think MR is trying to deflect suspicion off of him onto Time Lord, I will add that TL's case against Zfetch looked sus.  Not in a bad way per se, but more of a "I investigated you and your mafia so here's some points against you and hopefully the town will pick up on it". 

Now, let me clarify.  I do not think TL is sheriff/cop or that Zfetch is mafia.  I'm just stating that his case against Zfetch came across like that.

Regardless, he's in need of more activity going forward.

There's not even a sheriff in this game :lol:

1 minute ago, Zfetch said:

There's not even a sheriff in this game :lol:

Serious question but do we even know the set-up?

If we don't have a sheriff/cop, that's normal and believable.  I'm just saying the way that I interpreted his posts about you is that it came across like as if he was the sheriff/cop because he voted you and put together an underwhelming case.  To me, that was him trying not to hard-claim but to do enough to potentially get people to vote you.

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

While I think MR is trying to deflect suspicion off of him onto Time Lord

You're tunneling now. I get you find my suspicious, and that's allowed, but you've now made a substantial post that seemed to suggest ilduce was the most suspicious only to then vote me; you've already covered your bases by pointing out I'm just going to talk my way out of any pressure on me like I've done to you before; and now you're accusing me of deflecting when I'm legitimately trying to propose viable lynch candidates.

Tunneling is bad for scumhunting. Trust me - I did it with BJ last round.

Archived