The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] - Nineteen Eighty-Four (Game Over; Mafia Win)

Beluga Whale

There's a lot of posts, as she's been quite active, but I genuinely didn't find anything that jumped out at me as suspicious.

A sample:

On 8/28/2018 at 7:31 PM, 112 said:

[To BJ] Your posts have all been off-topic and without depth or substance. What say you to that?

On 8/28/2018 at 7:39 PM, 112 said:

[To BJ] Fair, but there are other ways to contribute, eg MR, WW and I re: the vig. There's always a way to start some dialogue but you seem uninterested.

On 8/28/2018 at 10:51 PM, 112 said:

Agree strongly with this and question how J got that read. Seems fairly random.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:14 AM, 112 said:

[About WW] That's par for his meta, no?

On 8/29/2018 at 5:28 AM, 112 said:

The thing with Zfetch is that he posts so much fluff even when town. I don't think he's scumhunting well but am also not sure if that implicates him, especially on day 1.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:30 PM, 112 said:

Aladeen seems like TP Aladeen to me, and I'm usually pretty good at reading him fwiw.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:35 PM, 112 said:

I'm not a dan of J's posts. He seems to be reaching on thinhs a lot. I don't see a legitimate reason for him to pick apart WW's post the way he did.

On 8/29/2018 at 6:21 PM, 112 said:

^I agree with your BJ breakdown but don't think AV has been acting too out of line with what I would typically expect of him as Town. He's more of a neutral read for me whereas I have BJ and J-23 as scum.

Scum leans:

BJ, J-23

TP leans:

MR (slight), Zfetch, Aladeen, WW (also slight), 112

On 8/29/2018 at 8:44 PM, 112 said:

TP points go to AV for his detailed response. I liked his arguments and they appear to come from a towny headspace.

On 8/29/2018 at 8:49 PM, 112 said:

I'll drop a vote BJ for now for reasons articulated by myself and a couple of others. He seems very hesitant to participate in the game and has only one post I may have liked. He's deflecting a lot and has been borderline aggro at various points, which usually = scum.

On 8/29/2018 at 11:29 PM, 112 said:

It's kinda hard to read a new face, but SC has been playing more like a rookie wolf treading lightly than a confused new townie imo.

I mean, it may not be as long and detailed as mine or AV's posts, but I see a player that appears to be game-solving. She was early on BJ, although didn't vote till Z and I did, so I guess that can be considered a wagony vote, but it was mid-round and consistent with what she had been saying about him all along, so not particularly egregious compared to later votes. She also has clearly stated her reads on multiple players, only waffling slightly on one (Zfetch), and usually gives a brief but solid reason why.

I've never been good at reading 112, and there's nothing here that prevents her being scum, per se. But her contributions seems to be genuine and consistent, if sporadic and under-developed.

Perhaps if we have a Tracker or JOAT, they could watch her at Night?

On 8/29/2018 at 6:34 PM, ilduce39 said:

The party requests information on BJ’s MO when it comes to being called out?  Does he usually get defensive like that, or double down on trying to be extra helpful?  

The former is usually the most incriminating, to me at least, but I can’t remember how BJ plays at all.

SC’s posts stood out last night but it’s not nice to lynch the new guy round 1. He’s also a rather laid back poster on the rest of the forum so the party is double against lynching him this round.  

It’s shamelessly self-preserving but MR is right to push a more active member for lynch.  Way more meat to go on than a less active player.  Agree that J23 is choosing weak targets.  

vote J23

On 8/29/2018 at 6:54 PM, ilduce39 said:

I’ll do you one better, foul jay!

Unvote

Vote BJ 22

If ilduce is mafia I can see him bussing J-23 and then quickly taking his vote off

Also if ilduce is mafia I don't think there's another mafia on the BJ wagon

Blue Jay (4):  Master Radishes112, Aladeen, ilduce

Otherwise (2): Zfetch, J23

Master Radishes (2): Virtanen87, Salacious Crumb

J23 (1): otherwise

Zfetch (1): Time Lord

Alain Vignealt (1): Where's Wellwood

No vote (2):  Alain Vigneault,  Blue Jay

And then one of the purple people are mafia

That sounds believable right?

Just now, Zfetch said:

He tried voting for me earlier without his post being bolded

Over/Under of his mafia PM telling him to not forget VS him actually looking into the rules of voting?

He voted MR with bolding in R1 so he likely knows what he's doing.

• Important: This game will contain Day and Night phases. The Day will run for 36 hours, and the Night will run for 12 hours. End of Day will occur at 8:00 PM PST; the lynch will take place and Night will begin. Night ends at 8:00 AM PST and the next Day begins. Once round 3 begins, the Day phases can be ended early if a vote majority has been reached (this is to speed up the game if it gets stale later on). 

I know it's hard to read the rules in the OP.

7 hours ago, Time Lord said:

I think ilduce is the most suspicious person and that lynching him tells us a lot

Not a fan of agreeing with one of my scumreads about another one, but this is true. Ilduce's actions and words were not townie friendly, and others have already noted potential connections to other players in the game.

We at least need a wagon on ilduce to see who hops on and for what reasons.

Unvote; Vote Ilduce39

Archived