The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

1 minute ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To CAR - Kris Letang (50% retained for 2018-19 to 2021-22 seasons)

To ANA - Nikita Zaitsev, Jay O'Brien, Josh Brook, Matthew Villalta

@Master Mind

Thanks to @gmen81 for the really quick negotiations. I think I first reached out back in October, but nothing ever came to fruition. Finally, I sent in an offer (which was essentially the above) on Friday, and this came together quickly thereafter.

While not happy with the hit in rep I’ll take for extending Zaitsev in October and then trading him now, I also feel like Letang is the difference maker I need come playoff time; assuming the Pens make the playoffs. The bigger hit for me is moving O’Brien and Brook, both of whom are expansion ineligible, and good (O’Brien) to great (Brook) prospects. However, with Kotkaniemi, Armia, Hart, and Voracek, I feel as though I’m set for Habs and Philly rep, so the two were somewhat expendable, especially when bringing in Letang.

With Letang comes huge health risks, and an increase in roster age. But the Pens will never be a rebuilding team, and my team is in a “win now” mode.

13 minutes ago, Nail said:

c9bcb80e88377e102aa0a420d4f40644.png

Currently, no teams in the bottom 15 of the league have traded their own first round pick. All top 15 picks would belong to their original owners.

Personally, I want to see Montreal win the lottery. @Patrick Kane took over a team with no prospects of note and no draft picks.

• Upvote 1

I like those trades for @gmen81 - nice moves. Unfortunate to have Letang in the metro however.

41 minutes ago, Monty said:

Personally, I want to see Montreal win the lottery. @Patrick Kane took over a team with no prospects of note and no draft picks.

That Seabrook signing is still a head scratcher (I know PK did not sign it) - probably the best use of a compliance buyout in the league if we were to have them.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JimLahey said:

I like those trades for @gmen81 - nice moves. Unfortunate to have Letang in the metro however.

That Seabrook signing is still a head scratcher (I know PK did not sign it) - probably the best use of a compliance buyout in the league if we were to have them.

Seabrook - 177 fpts for $10M, or

Kesler - 65 fpts for $8.4M

...And Kesler's is 1 year longer!

9 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To ANA - Reilly Smith

To VAN - Kasimir Kaskisuo, EDM 2019 2nd Round Pick

@Master Mind

This deal may seem like we are going the wrong way, but I assure you this was more about next year, and securing returns on an expiring deal than it was about the playoffs this year. Capologists will note before the trade we were sitting with .02 of a million in cap space, with not much relief in the next season, while Reilly, a great player, loved in the room and on the ice, was due a pay raise and pushing to go to free agency. If I wanted to be a one shot pony, I would have kept him, but we feel we got a fair return on a player we just couldn't afford next year. Thank you to Anaheim and GM gmen81 in particular for a fair fun and honest back and forth about this and other potential trades. Thank you to Reilly Smith for the time put in with our club, you will be missed, most obviously missed when considering our attempt to run down Calgary in the standings. haha. f

Thanks to the exec for fast updates, once again. much appreciated, it makes all the difference. 

In a bit of a surprising turn of events Tampa has made a bigger trade, and potentially have a 2nd in the works. The completed deal has risk involved. But this will improve our squad long term I feel. 

We are working the phones hard today in hopes to get another deal or two completed before I stand pat for the deadline. 

Stay tuned for more news from Tampa

• Upvote 1

nyi.png TRADE REPORT:

The New York islanders are making the following players available on the trade market but not limited to:

Tomas Tatar

Michael Grabner

Mark Giordano

Jamie Oleksiak

Philipp Grubauer

We are looking to discuss trade options that will upgrade our Playoff roster. See any players you like, fire me a PM!

• Upvote 1