The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rating our trades

smithers joe

21 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

But who knows who JB would have drafted in that 2nd round -right after Brock.

Fwiw they were looking for a 2nd round pick for Lack but got a 3rd.  Benning said Brisebois was their target in the 2nd round and were so lucky to still have him available in the 3rd.  

6 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I have a list... would have to be one of these players. I'm thinking he would have went dunn

Screenshot_20181017-232039_Chrome.jpg

They had Brisebois ranked in the 2nd round and felt they got real lucky that he was still available at 66.  I am not sure they would have passed on him at 53rd.

Just now, mll said:

They had Brisebois ranked in the 2nd round and felt they got real lucky that he was still available at 66.  I am not sure they would have passed on him at 53rd.

He did say that, however that's not to say a player he ranked higher wasn't there at 53.

10 hours ago, martybyrd said:

Everyone points to Baertschi as this shining trading moment for Elmer ...

Does anyone believe we could get a high 2nd round pick for him today ?

Word has it that we tried to move him at last yrs deadline and this off season, and nothing close to that was offered.

Not only was this not a "great" trade as so many of you point to....IMO , we lost this trade.

And this is one of his BEST trades ???

It's certainly not as bad as most...but Cmon ??

He is currently a 1st Line LWer, and on a good team would be on the 2nd. He can provide 50 points and therefore makes him worth at least a 2nd rounder. Also is very good on the defensive side of the puck and battles hard. WHat more do you want ? 

3 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

He is currently a 1st Line LWer, and on a good team would be on the 2nd. He can provide 50 points and therefore makes him worth at least a 2nd rounder. Also is very good on the defensive side of the puck and battles hard. WHat more do you want ? 

Do you think we could get a high 2nd round pick for him today ?

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I have absolutely no doubt we could get a high 2nd for him. I think some teams might even add a B prospect to get it done.

I respectfully disagree...and by many reports we have attempted to move him as recently as this past summer with no takers.

Irregardless...the fact that people point to this as the preeminent trade win of his tenure speaks volumes.

10 minutes ago, martybyrd said:

I respectfully disagree...and by many reports we have attempted to move him as recently as this past summer with no takers.

Irregardless...the fact that people point to this as the preeminent trade win of his tenure speaks volumes.

please provide a source. I have stayed pretty connected since the year ended, and have heard no such rumours.

14 hours ago, martybyrd said:

Word has it that we tried to move him at last yrs deadline and this off season, and nothing close to that was offered.

Not only was this not a "great" trade as so many of you point to....IMO , we lost this trade.

Source on this outrageous claim.

We have one top 6 lw in Baer and no one else  , how do we trade him when we already have holes on lw?

I love the baertschi trade. You’d be really lucky to get a player like him with a 2nd round pick, even a high one. And I think he’s been really good for Bo’s development, plus his trade value right now is more than a 2nd rounder so they could sell him and more than recoup what they gave up. 

However, it kinda stings that rasmus Anderson, the player the flames drafted with that pick, is a 21 yr right handed defender who is playing his first year in the NHL, the exact type of player the Canucks could use right now. I watched the flames game last night and I don’t think he looked too bad. I still say we won the trade but that does sting a bit. 

33 minutes ago, Old school nuck said:

Source on this outrageous claim.

We have one top 6 lw in Baer and no one else  , how do we trade him when we already have holes on lw?

Excuse the "outrageous" claim....hyperbole much ?

Google Baer trade rumors...sure you'll find a bunch...

You're kinda missing the point here though...the fact that people point to this as the "preeminent trade win" of his tenure here is sad.

No one said he can't bring in Middle/bottom six players...I'm sure we lead the league in both categories

Bring in a difference maker...The Flames have acquire Hamonic Hamilton(since traded) and Hanifin in the same period.

What have we acquired ?? Plugs...

15 hours ago, martybyrd said:

Source? In a few posts above you said "many reports", I wouldn't mind seeing just one reliable report that says we were shopping him. Just one.

Cause I used the magic Google machine and found very little supporting your claim. Hfboard is not a source, nor is any other low quality canuck blog.

1 hour ago, martybyrd said:

Again, if we attemted to move him numerous times why did we sign him to a 3 year extension? I'm calling total B.S. on these rumours. Unless you mean Eklund then just lol. 

21 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Source? 

Cause I used the magic Google machine and found very little supporting your claim. Hfboard is not a source, nor is any other low quality canuck blog.

I give up...

How's this ??

Elmer is a "great" trader...He got us the great Sven Baertschi for only a high 2nd round pick...ABSOLUTE STEAL !!!

He's stolen Gudbransen,Granlund,Vey,Sutter,Clendenning,Pedan,Acton,Dowd,Larsen,Dahlen, Prust and how bout that Emerson Etem robbery ??

THESE ARE ALL BIG TIME DIFFERENCE MAKERS !!!... just you wait. It's only been 5 years

Other GMs soil themselves when they see Jims name on their caller Id....

Make everyone happy ?

Just...wow

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

you mean at 54 not right after Brock. Go ahead and take a look at who was available at that pick JB got the guy he wanted not long after in G Breeze pick 66.

Ok.. then who knows who JB would have drafted at 66 if he took Brisbois in the 2nd round. 

My point is that it is an unknown player who would be at the same point in his career as Brock. So how do you rank that trade ahead of getting Dahlen and Goldy for free??

3 minutes ago, martybyrd said:

I give up...

How's this ??

Elmer is a "great" trader...He got us the great Sven Baertschi for only a high 2nd round pick...ABSOLUTE STEAL !!!

He's stolen Gudbransen,Granlund,Vey,Sutter,Clendenning,Pedan,Acton,Dowd,Larsen,Dahlen, Prust and how bout that Emerson Etem robbery ??

THESE ARE ALL BIG TIME DIFFERENCE MAKERS !!!... just you wait. It's only been 5 years

Other GMs soil themselves when they see Jims name on their caller Id....

Make everyone happy ?

Just...wow

Over reaction much? You made a claim that I had not heard. I asked for a source on where you heard that claim. You fly off the handle.

Maybe you should give up if that is your reaction.

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

Over reaction much? You made a claim that I had not heard. I asked for a source on where you heard that claim. You fly off the handle.

Maybe you should give up if that is your reaction.

Thank you for you ongoing great insight and contributions to the site...

Archived