The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 15, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

So Im oficially sold on Gaudette.  I have zero doubts that this kid is going to become another engine for the Canucks.  Hes the type of athlete that the more reps he gets, the better he becomes over time.   And because he is the driven type itll definitely happen.  I think Loui and Roussel compliment well what he is trying to do and will be good mentors for him.  I noticed Loui trying to get the puck to Adam as he was working hard.  That line could take off if Gaudette starts chipping in.

Im kinda surprised with how fast he is. He is all over the ice. He could become the perfect 3rd line center.

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

I agree. Now they might as well move Sutter for a player like Burokosky and pick up a draft pick in the deal.

Gaudette is the future and has as much if not more offensive upside then Sutter. 

It bodes well for the future when you can move a player like Sutter because you have youth to fill the hole . Maybe Sutter for a young D man and a pick.

We are about to have too many players on the roster. Do they send Gaudette down to make room or.......

Is that how you reward the kid?

There's still a place for Sutter on this team. Best case scenario he takes the shut down role back from Bo and allows Bo's line to do what they do best. It also wouldn't hurt Gaudette to play first line center in Utica

Jake with another really strong game.  He has been great this year.  Very noticeable out there.

powerplay sucks.  No excuse for this.  I thought we moved on from the buttonhook backpass crap.  Take it to the net!....coach needs a few games in the press box 

goldy had had a good game.  Better on the wall.  Some slick passes and dangles.

markstrom looked solid.  Shows why rest is good for him.

Got a good feeling the line of Bo, JV, and Goldy will start lighting it up...good blend of power and skill...they just need to play harder, with more intensity and quickness, in the 'D' zone...offense starts in the 'D' zone...they just need to play harder and out work the other guys in this zone...play between the net and their man and win the race to the loose pucks....

Goldy and JV seem to be a step behind in the 'D' zone because they are watching more than challenging.

9 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Hence why i for one don't lose any sleep over not drafting Tkachuk instead of Joulevi :)

Tkachuk is definitely a pos. But at the end of the day he he has done what it takes to become an impact player in the nhl at a young age who helps his team win in different ways.

the comparison doesn’t really work because of the positions alone but there is no doubt that juolevi needs to show something special up here in a year or two to justify the pick.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Tkachuk is definitely a pos. But at the end of the day he he has done what it takes to become an impact player in the nhl at a young age who helps his team win in different ways.

the comparison doesn’t really work because of the positions alone but there is no doubt that juolevi needs to show something special up here in a year or two to justify the pick.

Tkachuk is a franchise player....he is proving it this season...up there with Laine and Mathews for what he does for his team....we could have had him...water under the bridge, we still have hope for OJ....if he turns out to be another Ohlund, then he will help this team similar to how Tkachuk is helping Calgary (quality wise).

9 hours ago, GreyHatnDart said:

For me, I’ll make that assessment in 10 years when both Tkachuk and Juolevi are well into their careers. 

Tkachuk is the straw that stirs the drink in cowtown....without him, Calgary would not be the top team in the Pacific

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Tkachuk is a franchise player....he is proving it this season...up there with Laine and Mathews for what he does for his team....we could have had him...water under the bridge, we still have hope for OJ....if he turns out to be another Ohlund, then he will help this team similar to how Tkachuk is helping Calgary (quality wise).

Agree.

cdc hates on this kid so much.  Do I like how he conducts himself on occasion.  No way.  Total rat.  But he would be a huge help to our team and any team ftm.  Playoff player written all over him.

33 minutes ago, Pete M said:

He is 1 inch away from breaking out offensively...good defense.

I fast forwarded the game, and in doing so, I saw at least 4 quality chances for Gaudette. There is no way, that Schaller gets in this lineup at his expense. His speed is NHL, he's hitting, the offense will come, he's learning the NHL calibre face off challenges and doing OK, and in the small sample size, he's doing well in the defensive zone. Once he gets one goal, I think they come in bunches. Props to LE, as well, one of the best games he's played in Vancouver.

9 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Cuz he should be here. Not Youlevi. A Benning blunder. Wake up donkey 

Yeah, it was the wrong pick....but still selling hope for OJ...hopefully next year he will be here and he will excel because he will be NHL ready.

9 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Hence why i for one don't lose any sleep over not drafting Tkachuk instead of Joulevi :)

SMH...actualy (reality), Tkachuk is a team first guy...plays on the edge, however, he is a quality guy...just ask 'Q' (Quinn Hughes)....their buddies

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

SMH...actualy (reality), Tkachuk is a team first guy...plays on the edge, however, he is a quality guy...just ask 'Q' (Quinn Hughes)....their buddies

You know you have 7 posts on one page of a Canucks game against the Flyers. And you have commented 7 times about a guy on the Flames.

They got their winner pick in him, and another in JG.  Now its been said. Kiss off without saying it 8 times, 3 years after the fact. In an unrelated thread.

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

You know you have 7 posts on one page of a Canucks game against the Flyers. And you have commented 7 times about a guy on the Flames.

They got their winner pick in him, and another in JG.  Now its been said. Kiss off without saying it 8 times, 3 years after the fact. In an unrelated thread.

stop pissing on his back then...keep it real

Archived