The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] WINNIPEG JETS @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS | DEC.22 | 7:00PM | CBC CLOWNS | SN650 |

J-23

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yes..we will reflect back(centuries on) at all this as a type of Rennaissance Period..beauty, eh?

Hmm, yeah..this digital info won't erode!!....I never really think about that, gosh I might have to watch what I say in my posts more :o..

Hi to you people viewing these GDT's 100's of years in the future!:towel:

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Hmm, yeah..this digital info won't erode!!....I never really think about that, gosh I might have to watch what I say in my posts more :o..

Hi to you people viewing these GDT's 100's of years in the future!:towel:

They're gonna just say like..who cares about the pyramids, eh? We're settin the bar higher

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nope, he is no longer in non-contact jersey.

Beauty, thanks VC. 

Our lineup will be looking pretty damn good with his return. I think he’ll slot in with a lower minute line to get his legs back under him and then if I was Goldy I’d be looking over my shoulder. 

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Looking forward to this game. The Jets are a well built team with very little weaknesses. Should be a good physical game. Go Canucks Go!

I felt Phil's quote made me come up with this Survivor's mashup..

Two teams collide
Rival nations
It's a primitive clash
Venting years of frustrations
Bravely they hope
Against all hope
There is so much at stake
Seems their freedom's up
Against the boards
Does the crowd understand?
Is it Central versus Pacific 
Or man against man
Can any nation stand alone
In the burning heart
Just about to burst
There's a quest for answers
An unquenchable thirst
In the darkest night
Rising like a spire
In the burning heart
The unmistakable fire
In the burning heart

In the warrious code
There's no surrender
Though their body says stop
Their spirit cries, never!
Deep in their soul
It's a battle of wills
In the heat of attack
It's the passion that kills
The victory is theirs alone
In the burning heart
Just about to burst
There's a quest for answers
An unquenchable thirst
In the darkest night
Rising like a spire
In the burning heart
The unmistakable fire

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

What a coincidence, my sister is heading home today too, to see parents in Nanaimo.  Agreed Laine is overrated, and hopefully the hype will give the Jets a big cap headache soon.  Wheeler deserves every penny of his contract and I’m happy for him, one of the most underrated players in the league the past five years, quietly in or near the top ten or better year after year, a big body and a great leader is finally getting some recognition.  

Not that Laine is a chump, he’s also a big body and one of the better shooters in the league and just getting started.  Between him, Mathews and Marner the fate of second contracts dangles on a string.  Personally I think the league and the NHLA should cap it, going straight from first to third contract money even for stars is not creating a good work environment for teams.  A handful of guys making huge bucks, the rest getting shafted by excepting lower pay once their past thirty (Vanek for example), or simply retiring early because they can’t get work anymore as teams look to their farm system to balance the books.  Maybe they should make a new rule that allows a team to select one contract to not count against the cap up to a certain amount, or at the very least make it fair given TB, Vegas and Florida essentially can have 10% or more money to work with than the rest of the league...that’s like adding a Boeser for free to each team to make it even.  

I like your thinking ibatch. One modification would be that only those teams that have to make equalization payments should be eligible to select one contract.

It grinds my gears that some of the welfare recipients might be allowed to use funding from the Canucks to sign star players

Archived