The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what if...

milk and honey

hey y'all

ok I was talking to a bud the other day about trades that almost happened before the 2011 run. Anyone remember the whole rick nash saga? I think they wanted schneider, hodgson, and a 1st(gaunce). instead we got  horvat which verdict is to soon and maybe he will help make us a dynasty.

besides that how about good old jay bouwmeester? it was down to us and flames he took the flames but damn he would of been a beauty to have.

there were also the Jeff carter and Dustin Brown trade rumours beforehand

any other trade rumours I missed before 2011 that could of been a huge difference?

gotta say if we have Rick Nash and Jay bou then boom we have a banner

your opinion?

OK.

What if Hamhuis didn't go for that hip check that ended his playoffs.

What if that puck didn't get Malhotra in the eye?

What if Rome didn't crush Horton?

What if Burrows didn't slay the dragon?

What if Moore didn't hit Naslund?

What if Otto didn't kick it in?

Personally, I think it is what it is and it's better to look to the future than it is to be obsessed with the past.

40 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

hey y'all

ok I was talking to a bud the other day about trades that almost happened before the 2011 run. Anyone remember the whole rick nash saga? I think they wanted schneider, hodgson, and a 1st(gaunce). instead we got  horvat which verdict is to soon and maybe he will help make us a dynasty.

besides that how about good old jay bouwmeester? it was down to us and flames he took the flames but damn he would of been a beauty to have.

there were also the Jeff carter and Dustin Brown trade rumours beforehand

any other trade rumours I missed before 2011 that could of been a huge difference?

gotta say if we have Rick Nash and Jay bou then boom we have a banner

your opinion?

You can say what if in to many circumstances

What if you were born in Montreal and still lived there? we wouldn't be having this conversation would we

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Good one.  The truth is somewhere in the middle, have an eye for the future while taking care of the present, while learning from past mistakes.  

Fantasy vs. Reality

Emotion vs. Logic

Ego vs. Humility

What if vs. What is

What if the world and humans were perfect and we could all join hands and sing in harmony like the Whos in Whoville?

What if Lando Calrissian was our fourth line centre ...

19 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Fantasy vs. Reality

Emotion vs. Logic

Ego vs. Humility

What if vs. What is

What if the world and humans were perfect and we could all join hands and sing in harmony like the Whos in Whoville?

What if Lando Calrissian was our fourth line centre ...

He’d sell us out to the Empire probably. Lets not pick him up.

One of my fav what ifs, and arguably one of the only 3 I can remember, is the 2014 draft where we were apparently in on the 1st overall pick. I remember it involving the 6th overall, Shinkaruk and some other guy. Tanev? I often wonder how this team would look with no Granny, Tanev and Virtanen and Ekblad/Reinhart instead. That's not even including what kind of effect it'd have on the following drafts. 

8 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

One of my fav what ifs, and arguably one of the only 3 I can remember, is the 2014 draft where we were apparently in on the 1st overall pick. I remember it involving the 6th overall, Shinkaruk and some other guy. Tanev? I often wonder how this team would look with no Granny, Tanev and Virtanen and Ekblad/Reinhart instead. That's not even including what kind of effect it'd have on the following drafts. 

My favorite "what if" is ... what if I could make big garbage bags of money appear at my feet ... at will. ;)

Archived