The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what if...

milk and honey

3 hours ago, milk and honey said:

hey y'all

ok I was talking to a bud the other day about trades that almost happened before the 2011 run. Anyone remember the whole rick nash saga? I think they wanted schneider, hodgson, and a 1st(gaunce). instead we got  horvat which verdict is to soon and maybe he will help make us a dynasty.

besides that how about good old jay bouwmeester? it was down to us and flames he took the flames but damn he would of been a beauty to have.

there were also the Jeff carter and Dustin Brown trade rumours beforehand

any other trade rumours I missed before 2011 that could of been a huge difference?

gotta say if we have Rick Nash and Jay bou then boom we have a banner

your opinion?

Rick Nash has never been a great playoff performer. Schneider (top young goalie), Hodgson (promising young center), and a 1st (regardless of who would've been drafted) is a very steep price. Hindsight might suggest that it may have been worth it, but if it didn't pay off with a Cup, then we lost the piece that is a key figure in our build today.

Jay Bouwmeester prior had never made the playoffs and since he has, he hasn't been very impactful.

Hard to say if either one would've put us over the top. There would also be a butterfly effect on how things played out after the trades that may have even altered our path to the finals as well (eg Nash is put with the Sedins and Burrows doesn't slay the dragon, Bouwmeester makes Bieksa expendable and moved and the San Jose clincher doesn't happen, etc).

7 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Fantasy vs. Reality

Emotion vs. Logic

Ego vs. Humility

What if vs. What is

What if the world and humans were perfect and we could all join hands and sing in harmony like the Whos in Whoville?

What if Lando Calrissian was our fourth line centre ...

Haha misread... thought it said Edmonton v logic ::D

20 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Anyone remember the whole rick nash saga? I think they wanted schneider, hodgson, and a 1st(gaunce). instead we got  horvat which verdict is to soon and maybe he will help make us a dynasty.

And the response of Gillis when asked if he'd be looking to acquring Nash was:

"2019"

Archived