The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trans individuals are killing female sports

sam13371337

Just now, luckylager said:

So by that logic - trans men should compete against women.?

Or they compete in the men's field. 

Just now, luckylager said:

You posted an article, the author wrote about the T factor being a distinct marker related to performance in sport... 

It's not like the powers that be will say - "if you were born with lady parts but identify as a man - you must compete against men. If you were born with boy parts and identify as a woman - sorry champ, you've gotta find other ladyboys to compete against because dicks, chicks and muscles don't mix"

I don't see why not. The issue is of having a decisive advantage. Decisive disadvantage is never discouraged in any sports unless its directly linked to potential risk of death ( MMA or Boxing weight classes). In Olympics, underweight weight lifters try to go for lifting weights 2-3 classes higher than their weight class's record all the time. 

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

So by that logic - trans men should compete against women.?

You posted an article, the author wrote about the T factor being a distinct marker related to performance in sport... 

It's not like the powers that be will say - "if you were born with lady parts but identify as a man - you must compete against men. If you were born with boy parts and identify as a woman - sorry champ, you've gotta find other ladyboys to compete against because dicks, chicks and muscles don't mix"

No OP, you need to alter your reality and accommodate the perceptionhood of others to suit the feelings of others.  :emot-parrot:

You are full of hate and want to kill and eat babies.

Where do you live and work? I want to expose your Nazi-ass, you white supremacist, homophobic bla bla bla, I’m sure I’m missing some of the go-to labels here. 

Castor Semenya isn't trans, but has really high testosterone levels for a female.  She is an Olympic champion, and (appears) to have a distinct advantage.  She was born with these higher than normal testosterone levels, but is a female.

What do we do with these naturally occurring athletes?  I say she's born with a gift of advantage, like being really tall for a basketball player, and she should get to dominate female athletics for as long as she can compete.  

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Castor Semenya isn't trans, but has really high testosterone levels for a female.  She is an Olympic champion, and (appears) to have a distinct advantage.  She was born with these higher than normal testosterone levels, but is a female.

What do we do with these naturally occurring athletes?  I say she's born with a gift of advantage, like being really tall for a basketball player, and she should get to dominate female athletics for as long as she can compete.  

maybe they just need to run things in weight classes or some other fair physical measurement for trans people? not sure. But looking at some of the videos and comments it really reminds me of the anti-gay stuff we used to hear not so long ago (and sometimes still do). The Crowder video above, whats that for? reaching some kind of understanding about different people or exploitation and hey if its a little hate mongering ah well, sells ad space. We're all using computers thanks to a guy that was tried and chemically castrated because he was gay.  You'd think we learned a lesson there about hating people but I guess not. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

maybe they just need to run things in weight classes or some other fair physical measurement for trans people? not sure. But looking at some of the videos and comments it really reminds me of the anti-gay stuff we used to hear not so long ago (and sometimes still do). The Crowder video above, whats that for? reaching some kind of understanding about different people or exploitation and hey if its a little hate mongering ah well, sells ad space. We're all using computers thanks to a guy that was tried and chemically castrated because he was gay.  You'd think we learned a lesson there about hating people but I guess not. 

All very true Jimmy.  With sports I don't see any transgender people competing at the top levels in most cases.  It's more of an outlier.  I do feel for this girl runner - Semenya.  She was born with advantage, and appears to be getting all caught up in the whole "what's fair" debate.  Maybe people just compete, and do their best regardless?

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

All very true Jimmy.  With sports I don't see any transgender people competing at the top levels in most cases.  It's more of an outlier.  I do feel for this girl runner - Semenya.  She was born with advantage, and appears to be getting all caught up in the whole "what's fair" debate.  Maybe people just compete, and do their best regardless?

yeah she's in a tough spot for sure. I think the comparison to Phelps is a good one, why wasn't he injected with lactic acid to level the playing field? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah she's in a tough spot for sure. I think the comparison to Phelps is a good one, why wasn't he injected with lactic acid to level the playing field? 

Because Michael Phelps is named Michael Phelps and looks like this:

56ec15b0910584cc008b7451-750-500.jpg.d4f6c47bdfbb73fd0b9d4ad9c954ddfd.jpg

Meanwhile Castor Semenya is named Castor Semenya and looks like this:

caster-Semenya.jpg.89fd96d6b10fc089712426359951eb64.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Because the criterion isn't about elminating any and all physical advantages, its about a protected sports caterogy based on sex of the participants. Why don't we inject Floyd Mayweather with steroids and make him fight in the heavyweight class then ?

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Caster Semanya is NOT a female. She is intersex with XY chromosomes and a SRY gene mutation. She has testes, not ovaries. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

People are advocating about fairness in female sports, a protected sports category. It does not equate to hate for trans people. Just like advocating for paralympics being a protected category is not advocating hate for  'disability-fluid' people. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuckistani said:

Caster Semanya is NOT a female. She is intersex with XY chromosomes and a SRY gene mutation. She has testes, not ovaries. 

What’s intersex?  Is she a she or a he?  If she’s a she, then she gets the gifts she’s born with.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What’s intersex?  Is she a she or a he?  If she’s a she, then she gets the gifts she’s born with.  

hermaphodrite. She is technically a male with slight gene mutation that makes her slightly less male (SRY gene mutation in the Y chromosome). She has testes. Meaning, nuts. Not ovaries. The testosterone difference between male and female is due to testes producing so much testosterone. This is why guys and girls start to diverge in sporting performance during and after puberty, not before. 

She is being 'targetted' because hermaphodrites are allowed by IOC to compete as women ( LOL) but MUST keep their testosterone level in the women's level. Her's isn't. IOC does not penalyze a XX female for having astronomically high levels of naturally occuring testosterone. I posted an article on this pages ago, Alf. Read it. 

Edited by canuckistani

15 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

@Alflives

here you go:

https://quillette.com/2019/05/03/a-victory-for-female-athletes-everywhere/?fbclid=IwAR2idL_4HUTE7Ex-zVoD1P2JZPkbSLAWiy_eIuEs3vdecHRc_L7TErpdAMM

The person writing this is citing the actual science, is a lawyer representing female sports and is herself an accomplished former female athlete. 

Thanks.  I went back and read the previous posting.  Is it simply best to test female athletes testosterone levels, and if it’s too high they have to compete with men?  Or do these other factors mentioned about the advantages in other physical areas make it do no transgender or XY should be allowed to compete with females? 

Just now, Alflives said:

Thanks.  I went back and read the previous posting.  Is it simply best to test female athletes testosterone levels, and if it’s too high they have to compete with men?  Or do these other factors mentioned about the advantages in other physical areas make it do no transgender or XY should be allowed to compete with females? 

Females are allowed to have as much naturally occuring testosterone. Just like men. Its only the XY hermaphodrites ( mostly genetically male) who have this restriction placed on them.

People are allowed to have physical advantages. People are not allowed to have decisive sex based advantages in women's sports. Violating that, is equivalent to violating the physical disability part of paralympics. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Females are allowed to have as much naturally occuring testosterone. Just like men. Its only the XY hermaphodrites ( mostly genetically male) who have this restriction placed on them.

People are allowed to have physical advantages. People are not allowed to have decisive sex based advantages in women's sports. Violating that, is equivalent to violating the physical disability part of paralympics. 

Don’t transgender, even if they take drugs to lower their testosterone levels to acceptable range, have the advantage of going through puberty and physical development associated with being male?  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t transgender, even if they take drugs to lower their testosterone levels to acceptable range, have the advantage of going through puberty and physical development associated with being male?  

yep. Which is why i said 'LOL' to the IOC regulations. It still gives transgender M to F a decisive advantage but not as much as a fully functional male. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuckistani said:

yep. Which is why i said 'LOL' to the IOC regulations. It still gives transgender M to F a decisive advantage but not as much as a fully functional male. 

More top women athletes need to educate themselves on this issue, and speak up.