The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trans individuals are killing female sports

sam13371337

13 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

They are still not making that decision on their own. I was simply pointing out that these decisions are not made by a 3 year old, or for that matter a 11 - 13  year old without proper treatment and guidance. Image you are a father who has a son that has identified as a female from the age of 3 and still identifies as such several years later. Will you support your child or deny what they feel is truly their gender orientation?

Do you know how many kids will adamantly express that they are the opposite gender? Every single one of them at one point or another. 

If a 3 y.o. girl tells you she is a boy, you don't start looking for hormone treatments, you say to yourself "My 3 y.o. is acting like a 3 y.o." 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, canuckistani said:

https://twitter.com/Adam4d/status/1134455653529993217?s=19&fbclid=IwAR0w9qgRe3O_Ggf8yx-rHTwxKBMhXgwO_fOIv98AsBTi6mLmoN2xOTZztoE

2016: Craig Telfer is ranked 200th

2017: Craig Telfer is ranked 390th

2018: Craig Telfer 'transitions to female'

2019: CeCe Telfer is national champion

https://world.wng.org/2019/05/built_in_advantage 

D75kdD1WkAAwpnB.jpg
6:44 AM - 31 May 2019

Nothing to see here.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

F*^k people whine a bi^&h a lot about others.... Should combine a lot of these threads (Trump/SJW/Election etc etc) into one and just call it the whine cellar....  

Best addition to any thread, ever. Well thought out. Terrific contribution.

10/10 would read, again.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

doesn't make it true either. Given all the variations we see in nature, why is it so inconceivable that someone could be born with the internal identity of a trans person? if identity is even partly genetically determined then its possible. And on top of that, who cares? if we are supposed to treat people equally who cares what they are? 

Bingo. 

It doesn't matter what one thinks their identity is. Its their personal business and it concerns nobody but themselves and those in intimate relationship with them. What matters, is if identity gets in the way of fairness in competetive aspects of professions. Just because I am <insert identity here> doesn't make me any more/less entitled to a job i am going for. And if its in aspects of sports, well what one thinks their identity is irrelevant to the biological determinants that are acting as controls in the sport. Males should not be allowed to compete with females in a female sport for the same reason a fully functional personal shouldn't be allowed to compete in paralympics.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Bingo. 

It doesn't matter what one thinks their identity is. Its their personal business and it concerns nobody but themselves and those in intimate relationship with them. What matters, is if identity gets in the way of fairness in competetive aspects of professions. Just because I am <insert identity here> doesn't make me any more/less entitled to a job i am going for. And if its in aspects of sports, well what one thinks their identity is irrelevant to the biological determinants that are acting as controls in the sport. Males should not be allowed to compete with females in a female sport for the same reason a fully functional personal shouldn't be allowed to compete in paralympics.

I wonder if feminists, who have spent so much time and energy getting respect, and equal opportunity are unsure just how to voice an opinion on this matter?  If women are to be treated as equals (in the areas that are common sense) then what would femanists think about females having to compete against males in athletics?  

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

F*^k people whine a bi^&h a lot about others.... Should combine a lot of these threads (Trump/SJW/Election etc etc) into one and just call it the whine cellar....  

Yeah, let's just never complain about anything and live in the stone age. Whining sucks. Never gets us anywhere. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Boeserker said:

Do you know how many kids will adamantly express that they are the opposite gender? Every single one of them at one point or another. 

If a 3 y.o. girl tells you she is a boy, you don't start looking for hormone treatments, you say to yourself "My 3 y.o. is acting like a 3 y.o." 

11 hours ago, sam13371337 said:

so your saying all these parents who are doing it at 5-6 are wrong.. . but you doing it at 11-13 is correct? 

kids are dumb and stupid. they change their minds all the time. even your 11-13 year mark is ridiculous.  I would never EVER let my 11-13 year old decide on something permennant and life changing like this.  their brains have not fully developed yet.  they could be confused, they could be gay they could be many things.  

there is no need to rush and pump hormones into children without knowing the ramifications.  goddamn even pumping hormones and experiments on animals is controversial.  but because the loud left has adopted this ideology, its ok.   sickening.  this is child abuse.  PERIOD

10 hours ago, canuckistani said:

11-13 is still way too young to make such life-altering choices. Not to mention, there is clinical evidence that most teenagers undergoing gender dysphoria end up accepting their sexual identity and turning homosexual instead ( i can cite the actual papers if required). Therefore, treating the teens for gender dysphoria is directly also being anti-gay. 

Can any of you speak from personal experience? I also don’t think any of you really read my posts, I never said a 11 or 13 year old was making the decision. The decision is made by the parents with guidance from doctors/child psychologists. I also feel a lot of judgement and opposition in your responses, which leads me to think you might be a bit close minded. Guys, I am 54 years old and have had a lot of life experience and don’t take this subject lightly, but nor will I judge another or their family when I don’t know the entire circumstances.

and sorry canuckistani, that last statement is over the top.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Can any of you speak from personal experience? I also don’t think any of you really read my posts, I never said a 11 or 13 year old was making the decision. The decision is made by the parents with guidance from doctors/child psychologists.

Sure, and that too, is 100% wrong. A transition for a kid is morally & ethically wrong, regardless of who makes the decision. 

7 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

and sorry canuckistani, that last statement is over the top.

Explain how its over the top. By doing gender-reassignment before their 20s, you are effectively telling the more than 50% of trans-curious teens, who de-transition and become homosexual (in most cases, very few stay heterosexual after self-detransitioning), that their option to be a cis-gendered homosexual is off the table. That is anti-homosexuality. 

Just now, canuckistani said:

Sure, and that too, is 100% wrong. A transition for a kid is morally & ethically wrong, regardless of who makes the decision. 

Explain how its over the top. By doing gender-reassignment before their 20s, you are effectively telling the more than 50% of trans-curious teens, who de-transition and become homosexual (in most cases, very few stay heterosexual after self-detransitioning), that their option to be a cis-gendered homosexual is off the table. That is anti-homosexuality. 

I’m done. You are young I’m guessing. Respond again in 20 or so years when you realize you are not always right.

1 minute ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I’m done. You are young I’m guessing. Respond again in 20 or so years when you realize you are not always right.

Mate, i am in my 40s. I am not always right. And i am happy to accept I am not right when the evidence demonstrates so. I can cite a whole host of psychologists and psychiatrists from the world over who strongly disagree with any gender reassignment drugs or surgery or such for teens. 

Edited by canuckistani

5 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Mate, i am in my 40s. I am not always right. And i am happy to accept I am not right when the evidence demonstrates so. I can cite a whole host of psychologists and psychiatrists from the world over who strongly disagree with any gender reassignment drugs or surgery or such for teens. 

If that were the case, you might refrain from calling someone ‘anti-gay’ because their opinion differs from yours. That, mate, is very judgemental and based on what? You don’t know me to judge me (and you shouldn’t anyhow).

i know if I spent the time, I could find an equal number of psychologists who strongly agree with gender assignment, including the one with whom our our family works.

Clearly we have different beliefs, and I am not going to say who is wrong or right. It’s not my place to do so. I will leave you with those thoughts, have a good night.

If that were the case, you might refrain from calling someone ‘anti-gay’ because their opinion differs from yours.

I am not calling the person anti-gay, i am calling the position anti-gay. 

That, mate, is very judgemental and based on what? You don’t know me to judge me (and you shouldn’t anyhow).

i know if I spent the time, I could find an equal number of psychologists who strongly agree with gender assignment, including the one with whom our our family works.

Clearly we have different beliefs, and I am not going to say who is wrong or right. It’s not my place to do so. I will leave you with those thoughts, have a good night.

when it comes to potentially screwig up a kid's life, you better be sure your position is the right one. There are no take-backs in this, even at the mildest level. 

Just now, canuckistani said:

I am not calling the person anti-gay, i am calling the position anti-gay. 

when it comes to potentially screwig up a kid's life, you better be sure your position is the right one. There are no take-backs in this, even at the mildest level. 

Thanks for the advice. Once again, different opinions. I think we will do just fine raising our child with the advice of the many medical professionals we have. 

You have a good life now friend, ado.

12 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Here is what's wrong with the world people... This shows your lack of compassion and caring for what the women of this world are facing... so much for equality. 

Thats not what he is saying 'who cares' to. He is saying 'who cares' about identity. And he's right. Your own identity is irrelevant to other people, same as mine is irrelevant to other people. Our identities are complex,unique and not part of a group-think. 

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Thats not what he is saying 'who cares' to. He is saying 'who cares' about identity. And he's right. Your own identity is irrelevant to other people, same as mine is irrelevant to other people. Our identities are complex,unique and not part of a group-think. 

Why are you try broaden the subject to identity from sex? What you are doing is diluting the issue to drown out the real issue.

• -SN- locked this topic